Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms is done. Duh. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 27, 2007, 07:29:27 PM

I believe he is done. His mechanics are way off and he never was a good fit for this offense. He needs to get an actual quarterback coach that knows what he is doing, an OC that knows what he is doing and o-line coach that knows how to coach people up to block.

It is odd that a QB with a 81.4 rating in 05 has become a guy who can't throw the ball from one hash to the other. 

Just like a WR who goes from 80-1100 to worthless, or the RB who goes from ROY to ?, or the LG who goes from solid starter to the team having to spend a #2 to replace him, or the WR that goes from #3 pick to Houdini, or the RT that goes from #2 pick and starter to pulled for a FA, or the...........

Something is VERY wrong with the offensive coaching on this team. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#76 : August 27, 2007, 11:12:17 PM

Simms will get cut tomorrow.  IF not, they are keeping him to see if they can get anything from the Falcons for him, lol...

#77 : August 28, 2007, 12:35:35 AM

why trade within the division? isn't that against the NFL law? or someth'n?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#78 : August 28, 2007, 04:53:25 AM

Simms will get cut tomorrow.  IF not, they are keeping him to see if they can get anything from the Falcons for him, lol...
You could be right, but I doubt they do that. Simms would be a fine #3 if one of the other guys gets hurt. Simms should be the last one to go. Unless of course you think Tim Couch or Ryan Leaf would be better than Simms in case of injury?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#79 : August 28, 2007, 08:49:11 AM

why trade within the division? isn't that against the NFL law? or someth'n?
Simms for a fifth, maybe a fourth would be a steal, and would have to be considered doable, division rival or not.  Hey, one less pick for the Birds, and they can have Simms busted motion...hmm...

buckit

Hall of Famer

#80 : August 28, 2007, 11:54:27 AM

More and more teams are shedding the Taboo of trading within their divison.  On another point, Simms never full grasped the offense, so he won't have many secrets to spill, plus you gotta figure ATL is very familliar with our D already.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#81 : August 28, 2007, 01:04:30 PM

He needs to get an actual quarterback coach that knows what he is doing, an OC that knows what he is doing and o-line coach that knows how to coach people up to block.

Riiiight, it's all everyone else's fault isn't it? Hilarious.
Nahh it's HIS mechanics are screwed up. But having a qualified coaching staff would do him some good.

If that coach is a shrink he has a shot. It is in his head - not his body, not his arm and not the way the O is being run. Just my very humble opinion. BUT the kid can do it one play and not the next? And it is the system, the line or the coach - unnnhhh - no. Sorry no sale.

DB.. the proof is in the pudding. Gruden only does well with veteran QB's, ones that can ignore him and know how to play the position. A young QB needs coaching and he will not get that from Gruden. Gannon was an excellent QB before he went to Oakland, all he needed was a place to start. I don't buy into this Gruden is a great QB coach/guy anymore. You and I will just have to agree to disagree.. hell here's to going 12-4 and making the playoffs/superbowl.

No problem on the disagreement - fact is we will see how the year goes.  Would wonder why the commentary about young qbs - while I have seen the success Gruden's system offers experienced qbs I have seen several not get it done.  And now I am watching a McCown is showing competance with the system and the coach.  Could that theory be inaccurate?  Would seem to me McCown got coaching from Gruden or his staff and frankly he is looking decent in PS - will be interesting to watch if he gets on the field. 

It could be a talent issue - ie the need for a young talented qb worth taking when the buccs draft - it has to match up and be the best choice at time?  Anyhow - we will see. 

In the meantime - I'm a buccs fan and hoping for success, not tied down to being negative like so many others seem to be recently.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

sprung4bucs

Rookie

#82 : August 28, 2007, 06:10:04 PM

My GUESS is that the Bucs will bite the bullet and cut Gradkowski instead of Simms.
Your guess is going to be very wrong.

Grads has been playing great ball in the month of August, and it counts for something.

I think I have only a 50% chance of being dead wrong, as he may have increased his value with the coaching staff by playing against 3rd stringers in the preseason, after all it's an open competition until the final practice scrimmage.

I must admit that Gradkowski is the last QB that I want at the helm of the Buc's offense, and with the rash of reports over the past two days, mostly extolling the guy, I suppose my guess was wishful thinking. 

It has come to the point that Gruden doesn't even mention Simms in a sentence containing "our quarterbacks".  And when he refers to the "fine game play" of his QBs, he can only recall Garcia and Gradkowski -- McNown Who?  I can only hope that Garcia stays perfectly healthy and productive for the next 3 years (as Grads play against those who wouldn't even survive an NFLE draft, has impressed once again) and that Simms recovers and lands on a team where he will one day come into his own, because (duh) he just might be done in Tampa.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms is done. Duh. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools