Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Very quiet for the second straight week after a game, interesting..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: August 26, 2007, 11:43:26 AM

I gotta say that it's been pretty damn quiet after the past few games on here. To me that means those that want to spit venom are having a hard time finding that venom. This is a completely different team than last year and the venom spitters know it.

Offense - Looks like they'll be able to move the ball unlike last years atrocity with Simms. Garcia will improve the offense with faster decision-making. Wasn't it great to see a slant route thrown? Simms couldn't throw a slant if his life depended on it. One thing about Garcia is dude is a little crazy back there but that's his game. I'll take happy feet over cement feet.

Pass pro - You have to like the pass pro. Either it's good play by the OL or the QB is getting the ball out of his hands faster, opposing defenses are going to have to be cautious about bringing the house unlike last year.
You have to like how the OL is coming together, honestly this is the most talented group the Bucs have had.......ever.

Caddy - Tough runs with good blocks at the POA. Caddy showed burst and why he is going to turn it around this year.

Defense - that drive was awful after June scored. Until the our smaller corners defend it better, this team is going to see quick throws to the WR's when the CB's are 20 yrds off the LOS. It's like a 6 yrd running play and is just horribly defended by this defense. I like the D though, they're not going to have to carry this team because of the improvments on offense.

Greg White - I hope he makes the team, dude is a monster once he gets his feet under him.

Overall this team's coming together, I'm certainly more excited about it after watching the first units plays mor time.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 26, 2007, 12:07:15 PM

Its called apathy  ;)

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#2 : August 26, 2007, 12:09:42 PM

KeepOn... it has nothing to do with that, it is called waiting until the season starts. The 1st team offense hasn't shown me anything as they haven't been allowed to play an entire 1st half and the 3rd quarter.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 26, 2007, 12:13:51 PM

KeepOn... it has nothing to do with that, it is called waiting until the season starts. The 1st team offense hasn't shown me anything as they haven't been allowed to play an entire 1st half and the 3rd quarter.

I'm all for waiting, no question, but what's funny is someone like yourself saying "wait for ths season." It highlights exactly what I'm talking about. You say now to wait til the season which tells me you can't find anything worth complaining about right now. This offense has moved the ball better than than the past 5 preseasons, most want to hate on Garcia but he's going to be successful, you can see it.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : August 26, 2007, 12:18:04 PM

This is the toughest week of exhibition season - the fourth week. I'm ready for real football. Exhibition/preseason games are worthless - since starters barely play. You get no sense of how good the team is. I've seen teams that go 4-0 stink up the season and vice versa.

NFL preseason is too long.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 26, 2007, 12:19:23 PM

I'm all for waiting, no question, but what's funny is someone like yourself saying "wait for ths season." It highlights exactly what I'm talking about. You say now to wait til the season which tells me you can't find anything worth complaining about right now. This offense has moved the ball better than than the past 5 preseasons, most want to hate on Garcia but he's going to be successful, you can see it.

I have seen very little to suggest this team will be anything better than mediocre this year.  Our starters haven't looked that good on either side of the ball, and the 2nd stringers are damned right third rate.

Everything goes well, and they stay injury free and a 8-8 season is possible BUT this is the NFL and it don't go like that too often.

My prediction hasn't changed:  7-9 (+1/-3)

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 26, 2007, 12:19:56 PM

Nobody knows what to make of this team yet. In recent years, the starters were pretty much a known quantity. This year guys might be starting or they might be in the first round of cuts. When the roster is set, the attack will begin.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 26, 2007, 12:27:38 PM

I gotta say that it's been pretty damn quiet after the past few games on here. To me that means those that want to spit venom are having a hard time finding that venom. This is a completely different team than last year and the venom spitters know it.

More there's not much to say.

Garcia has had one decent game and really one good drive in that game to show for things.  We've got 1 WR just like last year and no other WR or TE has impressed. Garcia has shown some mobility, which is good, because pass pro is a problem. For all the hype, the run blocking when it is 1's vs 1's has been weak to non-existence. We can run well on backups. We're going to do a lot of Rocket Backfield and whatever Pittman does well lead blocking ain't it but Askew isn't exactly gonna make anyone forget Lo Neal.

On defense we've been good at times but have given up several long drives. The pass rush has been very poor most of the time against some very bad lines. The coverage has been pretty good and the run defense looks like it is solid. We've heard a lot about young players but none have claimed a spot among the starters.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#8 : August 26, 2007, 12:29:25 PM

Nobody knows what to make of this team yet.

Possibly because we haven't seen enuff of the starters to know anything. Opening day will be scary.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 26, 2007, 12:31:26 PM

Possibly because we haven't seen enuff of the starters to know anything. Opening day will be scary.

Opening five games are scary.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 26, 2007, 12:32:37 PM

Opening five games are scary.
Agreed.

Would not suprise me to see them dump four of those games...

YIPEEEE!

(NOT)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 26, 2007, 12:34:23 PM

Opening day will be scary.

Scary? Man, I'm glad I don't feel that way. I'm much more comfortable than last year going into the first game. Not saying this offense has been lighting it up but there's defineitly a different temp to this squad.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#12 : August 26, 2007, 12:35:52 PM

Would be a lot nicer not starting the season on the west coast against a probable NFC West Division winner and Super Bowl contender.

#13 : August 26, 2007, 12:40:08 PM

Scary? Man, I'm glad I don't feel that way. I'm much more comfortable than last year going into the first game. Not saying this offense has been lighting it up but there's defineitly a different temp to this squad.

There is NOTHING about this offense that makes me comfortable. Last year, we thought Carnell would build off of his ROY performance. Last year, we didn't know Clayton was a certified bust. Last year, we thought Simms was ready to take the next step. Last year, we didn't know Brooks was gonna lose a significant step.

Now our starting wrs are Galloway and a guy that hasn't had a meaningful catch in 3 yrs, no fullback, ZERO pass rush, and continued uncertainty on our o-line. That is scary.

Agreed.

Would not suprise me to see them dump four of those games...

YIPEEEE!
(NOT)

If such is the case, Gruden better start workin on his resume.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 26, 2007, 12:44:23 PM

MJS,

Don't think apathy is the right word. Maybe puzzled is better.

The defense has lost their ability to contain. And they damn well can't tackle. Have never in the last 10-12 years seen a Bucs defense this bad in tackling. We just cannot give up 8-9 minute drives. Several times last nite we could have stopped drives if we had tackled properly.

The OL looks better than it has for some time.

The receivers (both TE and WR) have got to catch the ball.

The running game is still suspect.

When I used the word puzzled, I was impling we don't know what to make of it.

I sure don't.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Very quiet for the second straight week after a game, interesting..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools