Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Very quiet for the second straight week after a game, interesting..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 26, 2007, 12:46:49 PM

I am hoping the lights come on when the season starts.  I don't think I take take Man United and the Buccs stinking the same year.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : August 26, 2007, 12:47:42 PM

I just watched the 1st Dolphins touchdown drive over and man they made it look easy. I watched them against Kansas City and struggled against the Chiefs defense. I still didn't see anything out Garcia that made me say "Wow, We are going to finish in the top half of the nfc this year". Overthrown balls, no running game, a 38 year old QB running for his life.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 26, 2007, 12:48:19 PM

There is NOTHING about this offense that makes me comfortable. Last year, we thought Carnell would build off of his ROY performance. Last year, we didn't know Clayton was a certified bust. Last year, we thought Simms was ready to take the next step. Last year, we didn't know Brooks was gonna lose a significant step.

Now our starting wrs are Galloway and a guy that hasn't had a meaningful catch in 3 yrs, no fullback, ZERO pass rush, and continued uncertainty on our o-line. That is scary.

Last has tainted most fans so bad that they're afraid of drawing any favorable opinion about the team, it's understandable.

I can't wait for the Seattle game, knowing Simms isn't the QB is the first step towards a successful season, bank on it. Every horrible thing that happened last year can be tied back to QB play. Once that improves, and it will with Jeff, the otehr phases of the game will come together.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 26, 2007, 12:49:10 PM

a 38 year old QB running for his life.

This is the worst part, there are 3-4 plays I can recall where Garcia made someone miss and got a nice gain on a scramble. That's cute and all but you can't live that way and the pass protection has suffered all pre-season and the right side in particular has been bad.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 26, 2007, 12:51:41 PM

Seems like there is bad and good everywhere. We're all waiting to see what
comes of it when opening day arrives. Should be interesting.

The D giving up long drives worries me.

Both sides of the ball need one more year of FA acquisitions and young
talent. But that doesn't mean things can't gel quickly this year. Or fall
apart.

Waiting...

I am in Houston for a while. Last night, one of the girls on my shoot,
a sports fan, was frustrated over the Texans. I told her that she
didn't know what frustrated was unless she went through what Bucs
fans went through all those years. And it was all worth it.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 26, 2007, 12:51:53 PM

I just watched the 1st Dolphins touchdown drive over and man they made it look easy. I watched them against Kansas City and struggled against the Chiefs defense.

They looked horrible against KC, no question, but Trent is a good QB and he just needs a little time. That drive was awful last night, just horrible, but again you're not going to stop every team on every down. Teams will score TD's, it's all the matter of how the team responds. This offense went down and scored after going down, that should tell you a little bit about the team.

Agian, Garcia doens't have to have "wow" games, dude just has to make good, quick decisions and he's shown the ability to do that.

He's 37 not 38 :)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 26, 2007, 12:54:20 PM

This is the worst part, there are 3-4 plays I can recall where Garcia made someone miss and got a nice gain on a scramble. That's cute and all but you can't live that way and the pass protection has suffered all pre-season and the right side in particular has been bad.

That's the thing, he's not going to have to do it all game long. As long as he can make a few plays with his feet it's all good. One thing I don't like about Garcia is that he gets happy feet when there's no pressure which happened on multiple occasions. WIthout seeing the coaches film you really can't say the pass pro was bad, after watching the replay this morning Caddy was open two of the scrambles, Jeff has to get rid of the pill.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 26, 2007, 12:57:33 PM

I don't know if I totally agree with that dalbuc - there were a couple of gaffes in the Jacksonville game, including the one Garcia spectacularly salvaged.

But I think Garcia sometimes makes things look worse back there than they are, and I thought that was especially the case against Miami. Go back and watch the game and count after the snap. The td is a perfect example - Garcia bounced around like he was about to be crushed, but in reality he had plenty of time. He bailed on a couple of pockets I thought too early.

I think the game film would be interesting to see what was going on downfield.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 26, 2007, 12:58:08 PM

Garcia will struggle behind our line against starting NFL Ds.  He will be unimpressive and injured at some point.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 26, 2007, 12:59:07 PM

On the TD to Joey, he had five days to scan the field...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#25 : August 26, 2007, 12:59:16 PM

I just watched the 1st Dolphins touchdown drive over and man they made it look easy. I watched them against Kansas City and struggled against the Chiefs defense.

They looked horrible against KC, no question, but Trent is a good QB and he just needs a little time. That drive was awful last night, just horrible, but again you're not going to stop every team on every down. Teams will score TD's, it's all the matter of how the team responds. This offense went down and scored after going down, that should tell you a little bit about the team.

Agian, Garcia doens't have to have "wow" games, dude just has to make good, quick decisions and he's shown the ability to do that.

He's 37 not 38 :)
Except in the second drive.. terrible decision.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 26, 2007, 01:05:30 PM

But I think Garcia sometimes makes things look worse back there than they are, and I thought that was especially the case against Miami. Go back and watch the game and count after the snap. The td is a perfect example - Garcia bounced around like he was about to be crushed, but in reality he had plenty of time. He bailed on a couple of pockets I thought too early.

He bounces but the plays I'm recalling are specifically the guys draped on him type of plays. Those aren't his imagination. You are talking 22 pass plays sacked on 2 and on 4 of them he was getting hit and running for his life. 6 out of 22, that's not counting pressure he wasn't running for the hills, isn't a good ratio to be dealing with.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#27 : August 26, 2007, 01:44:07 PM

Nobody knows what to make of this team yet.

Possibly because we haven't seen enuff of the starters to know anything. Opening day will be scary.

hate are you ever optimistic? everyone of your posts are negative in some way. I mean just look at his posts. Its kinda funny actually. I can see why your name is Hate. This is the time to be optimistic we are 0-0. After what the team has shown me is that they got a long way to go, like any other team but they also showed me that they are gonna fight their way through the season and you gotta bet they are going to try their best to win as many games as they can. I actually think with a bit of luck this offense can do good things and if the defense can stop the run it will be in the top 10 again. And in the NFC if you have a great defense and an ok offense then you are talking playoffs. The announcer last night kept sayin there is reason for optimism right now and I think he is right. So why be negative when we havnt been losing games like crazy. The damn season hasnt even started yet and i see some people look at that as a negative. Geeze lightin up enjoy the begining of the season because your team is either on the rise or on the fall I think we are on the rise! Go Bucs prove the doubters wrong!!!

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 26, 2007, 01:49:06 PM

Who will pass for more yards IYO, Garcia or Green?

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 26, 2007, 02:06:46 PM

People tend to be vocal and opinionated about the very good and the very bad.  This team is neither.  No one has a lot to say about the average, the middle of the road, the meh.

And this team looks meh.  A somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 team. Blah, middle of the road, average.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Very quiet for the second straight week after a game, interesting..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools