Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Very quiet for the second straight week after a game, interesting..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 26, 2007, 02:45:52 PM

And this team looks meh. A somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 team. Blah, middle of the road, average.

Good or bad, that would be an improvement.   :-

LA BUC

Starter

#31 : August 27, 2007, 02:27:20 AM

WE look good at QB- which is real nice . Our OL is better than ever-same with the DL with the Peterson, Adams draft picks. Our linebackers are our weak link they don't tackle so good...   We should sign Trotter . At WR it's  J. Galloway and not much else at least like other teams have. If the FO picks up some speed at WR then we will win.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 27, 2007, 02:35:29 AM

I'm all for waiting, no question, but what's funny is someone like yourself saying "wait for ths season." It highlights exactly what I'm talking about. You say now to wait til the season which tells me you can't find anything worth complaining about right now. This offense has moved the ball better than than the past 5 preseasons, most want to hate on Garcia but he's going to be successful, you can see it.

I have seen very little to suggest this team will be anything better than mediocre this year.  Our starters haven't looked that good on either side of the ball, and the 2nd stringers are damned right third rate.

Everything goes well, and they stay injury free and a 8-8 season is possible BUT this is the NFL and it don't go like that too often.

My prediction hasn't changed:  7-9 (+1/-3)

I agree with this post 100%.  The Bucs will need a lot of lucky breaks to have a good year (over .500)...  With such a tough start they may very well go 1-4 and if that happens I don't think they will recover.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 27, 2007, 03:13:48 AM

I'm not exactly sure why many of you even watch the games or follow the team. It is so obvious to me that not only do you like to complain about this franchise, but you people are actually hoping we do bad this year so that Gruden and Allen get fired. You people are no better than the garbage local media who cover this team and who have an agenda. It's pathetic. I hope we go 10-6 or better, make the playoffs and win at least the first round game. That way it will ruin all of the fantasies of mass firings many of you clowns have. And it will be even more amusing throughout the season checking in on this board and seeing MJS, Hate, Dal, and the others back track on their words or try to spin why things are going well. Please go follow another team, I'm 100 % positive not a single player or coach on this team would even want your type rooting for them anyway.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 27, 2007, 04:02:40 AM

I'm not exactly sure why many of you even watch the games or follow the team. It is so obvious to me that not only do you like to complain about this franchise, but you people are actually hoping we do bad this year so that Gruden and Allen get fired.

Amen! Couldn't agree more.

You people are no better than the garbage local media who cover this team and who have an agenda. It's pathetic. I hope we go 10-6 or better, make the playoffs and win at least the first round game. That way it will ruin all of the fantasies of mass firings many of you clowns have.

Bingo. Keep going your on a roll.

And it will be even more amusing throughout the season checking in on this board and seeing MJS, Hate, Dal, and the others back track on their words or try to spin why things are going well.

HUH? OK Dalbuc I can see, but Hate is more of a "ok Gruden I'm losing patience with you" kinda guy. Nothing like say a poster that was Born-a-fraud or living dead or letters and numbers.  Now MJS is a fan, he just needs more fiber in his diet. Give'em a winning record and some Metamucel and MJS and Hate will be good positve guys.

[
Please go follow another team, I'm 100 % positive not a single player or coach on this team would even want your type rooting for them anyway.

A little harsh given the venom some other posters have put out. Don't ya think?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 27, 2007, 07:00:15 AM

While I agree that many here are ultra negative and whiny, some are just trying to be
realistic. But, for me, I like to imagine playoffs since we're 0-0 right now. And if we wind
up stinking, oh well. It's football. Not life. Enjoy it while we can. If we start stinking,
we won't be enjoying it. So take advantage of it now. Of course, if the OL gels and we
get pressure on the QB, lots can happen. And I'm hoping for that. Let's see if we
sign anybody to help with that. And worse comes to worse, next year, we are
going to be able to plug a lot of holes with FA signings and more draft picks.
And if Luke and Grads are one year better/wiser, we may have our long term
answer in one of them.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 27, 2007, 07:16:23 AM

And it will be even more amusing throughout the season checking in on this board and seeing MJS, Hate, Dal, and the others back track on their words or try to spin why things are going well. Please go follow another team, I'm 100 % positive not a single player or coach on this team would even want your type rooting for them anyway.

I was practically the only one that was positive going into the 2005 season.  Everyone else was bashing the Hovan signing, and doubting Galloway's durability.  The reason I thought we would do OK in 2005 is because when you look at the points difference from 2004 (points scored minus points conceded) we were actually the best losing team in the NFL.   That meant it would only take a small improvement to win games.  Staying injury free and improving the kicking was enough to rebound.

Unfortunately when you look at our points difference for 2006 we are right down their in the gutter with all the bad teams.  OK, you can spin it and say the QB problems made things worse but the D was in decline as well.  I like many other people, JF/SR included, don't see a whole lot to get excited about for the 2007 season.  Sure they have a few rookies and we might be turning the corner but we have nowhere near the talent required to do a San Diego type rebound.

2007 is a rebuilding year plain and simple.  If by week 17 we are up around .500 and some of the rookies are claiming starting spots it will have been a very successful season.

And BTW - don't talk for the players and coaches, and never question the dedication to this team of guys like Hate and Dal.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#37 : August 27, 2007, 07:34:07 AM

I'm not exactly sure why many of you even watch the games or follow the team. It is so obvious to me that not only do you like to complain about this franchise, but you people are actually hoping we do bad this year so that Gruden and Allen get fired. You people are no better than the garbage local media who cover this team and who have an agenda. It's pathetic. I hope we go 10-6 or better, make the playoffs and win at least the first round game. That way it will ruin all of the fantasies of mass firings many of you clowns have. And it will be even more amusing throughout the season checking in on this board and seeing MJS, Hate, Dal, and the others back track on their words or try to spin why things are going well. Please go follow another team, I'm 100 % positive not a single player or coach on this team would even want your type rooting for them anyway.
So.. because we question whether or not Gruden can turn this thing around we are not "true fans"? I don't quite get it, we are really only 1 step away from 1988. Last year as terrible and last year is what we have to look at and live with until this season starts. If we start 1-4 you can expect everyone to be on Grudens case... well almost everyone anyway. Because we don't follow the company line or drink the koolaid doesn't make us bad people or not "true fans" it actually makes us true fans and want our franchise to succeed.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 27, 2007, 07:38:35 AM

How about Java? Right after Rice was released...

It's terrible news.    I am so disappointed right now, I'm seriously considering not coming to
Tampa for any games.

Not trying to pick on Java. Just go read the Rice thread and see what others were saying. It
shows how inconsistent/fickle this board can be.

Java wanted to bet somebody that Rice would be starting for somebody else on opening day.
And others (including Java) speculated that cutting Rice was done so the Glazers could pocket
the money.

And Boid wanted Gruden's head examined.

Some said they wanted to wait and see what unfolded as the year went on before
judging the move.

And others said it was the right move.

Wow, what a difference a month makes. Was it still the wrong decision?
Where is Simeon right now?

I hope he comes back but I have to laugh at the knee jerk reactions of
many on this board.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 27, 2007, 07:39:51 AM

I was practically the only one that was positive going into the 2005 season.  Everyone else was bashing the Hovan signing, and doubting Galloway's durability.

There were plenty of people who were positive. It wasn't just you.

As far as others who were very negative? Isn't that always the case here?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 27, 2007, 07:47:04 AM

I was practically the only one that was positive going into the 2005 season. Everyone else was bashing the Hovan signing, and doubting Galloway's durability.

There were very few people in a positive frame of mind, hence I said "I was practically the only one. which isn't the same as saying the only one.   ;)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 27, 2007, 08:38:53 AM

How can people not have a bad taste in their mouth after a 4-12 season? There was nothing positive last year to build on or for anyone to hang their hat on thus the negative outlooks are abundant.

I don't think this team is a SB contender but I do think they're a playoff contender IF Garcia stays healthy.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 27, 2007, 08:48:39 AM

So.. because we question whether or not Gruden can turn this thing around we are not "true fans"? I don't quite get it, we are really only 1 step away from 1988.

Unquestioning blind and stupid loyalty is the only option for some. I'm willing to bet they weren't so blind stupid loyal when it was Dungy and they were calling for his head - same group that is now the Gruden crotch sniffer calling for faith I'd bet. Hope and expectations are different things and the ability to differeniate those things is a matter of sanity. I hope to win the lottery (actually I don't since I'm not dumb enough to play but we'll use the example) but I certainly don't expect to win it. I hope we win the Super Bowl but I expect that we are a long, long way from that goal because what we've seen in pre-season does not look all that good right now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#43 : August 27, 2007, 09:38:22 AM

And it will be even more amusing throughout the season checking in on this board and seeing MJS, Hate, Dal, and the others back track on their words or try to spin why things are going well.

HUH? OK Dalbuc I can see, but Hate is more of a "ok Gruden I'm losing patience with you" kinda guy. Nothing like say a poster that was Born-a-fraud or living dead or letters and numbers.  Now MJS is a fan, he just needs more fiber in his diet. Give'em a winning record and some Metamucel and MJS and Hate will be good positve guys.

LMAO..... Thanx again Galt.

Escobar, I'm so thankful that I don't have to justify my opinions to you or other holier-than-thou's. In case you haven't noticed, this is a message board when we all come to exchange thoughts and ideas or voice displeasure if we so choose.

By the way, come Sunday, Sept. 16, i'll be at the Ray Jay supporting my team. Will you?

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 27, 2007, 10:26:42 AM

I was practically the only one that was positive going into the 2005 season. Everyone else was bashing the Hovan signing, and doubting Galloway's durability.

There were very few people in a positive frame of mind, hence I said "I was practically the only one. which isn't the same as saying the only one.   ;)

I tried to tell the fools about Hovan but they were having none of it.  .... nothing has really changed.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Very quiet for the second straight week after a game, interesting..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools