Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Paris Warren « previous next »
Page: 1 2

buckit

Hall of Famer

« : August 26, 2007, 03:14:39 PM »

Is it just me, or did this kid shine out there last night?  Not only can he get open but he as great ball location skills, and excellent footwork.  That jumpball in the endzone took great hands, great feet and great concentration.  Regardless of whether he's playing against 1st or 2nd stringers, those are skills that count.  Gruden should take a hard, hard look at him as a possible starter.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #1 : August 26, 2007, 03:47:04 PM »

Paris Warren refuses to go away and I think he may make this team.

donny77

Starter
« #2 : August 26, 2007, 04:07:32 PM »

I think Paris Warren should be our next Ike Hilliard.  He just seems dependable when you need a play.  I don't think he should start, but we definitely need to keep him.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 26, 2007, 04:10:03 PM »

Hes proven to be alot more effective and better than Stovall....Seriously...WHAT was so great about him that got him hyped up so bad. I havent heard ANYTHING bout this guy.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #4 : August 26, 2007, 04:14:58 PM »

He is having a great preseason, but I just don't think he'll make the team.  Now, we must learn that it's not all about talent and proving yourself.  Warren has certainly proved himself, but let's face it.  Life isn't fair......

You watch Gruden's press conference after the pats game and HE SLIPPED and said Warren will catch on somewhere...then quickly added....IF NOT FOR ME.....

Truth is guys, the coach of every NFL team pretty much knows who his 53 guys are going to be, whether it be based on draft position or long time veterans.  I mean there are a few undrafted guys that make teams, but I'm just saying...

Galloway, Clayton, Stovall, Boston, and Hilliard will likely be the 5 WRs with the Bucs keeping Jones or Owens as a kick returner.  We may have a suprise cut in the making by releasing Hilliard.  Simply for the fact that he may not get any playing time and wouldnt be worth the money we pay him.  That would be the only case that Warren makes this team..

We wont keep more then 5 WRs....6 if you count the kick returner...

captaindabblin

Second String

« #5 : August 26, 2007, 06:37:08 PM »

Unless one of those 5 gets hurt, the only way Warren makes it to the final 53 is if Jones and Owens both get cut, and Buchanon (or someone else) shows they can return punts. Kickoffs are no problem; we've got Pittman and Cox who are decent returners.
     I'd like to see Warren and Gessner both make it, but I don't see how that could happen, unless Boston really was on something, which doesn't appear to be the case!

« #6 : August 26, 2007, 06:39:58 PM »

I'm a Big Supporter of Warren!!!!

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #7 : August 26, 2007, 06:45:43 PM »

I'd put Warren in at #4 WR and cut Michael Clayton.  That way, you'd only have Warren on the field in 3 or 4 WR sets.  Fact is most teams only have 2 solid corners, Warren could draw a sub par corner and make some big plays.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 26, 2007, 07:20:01 PM »

Reminds me of Earnest Graham Part II...he better be a special teams ace

You must be accountable for your actions!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #9 : August 26, 2007, 07:24:08 PM »

I'm pulling for Warren to make the team this year.

LA BUC

Starter

« #10 : August 27, 2007, 02:03:20 AM »

Yah he's good  ...  know lets cut the other slow ones and pick up some fast one's.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : August 27, 2007, 02:05:28 AM »

He's got a shot. Ya never know.

In Verner We Trust

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #12 : August 27, 2007, 03:26:06 AM »

I think Paris Warren should be our next              . He just seems dependable when you need a play. I don't think he should start, but we definitely need to keep him.

Larry Brackens

Incomparable sig by Incognito

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #13 : August 27, 2007, 12:02:27 PM »

At the last home game a few of his friends/family sat by me.  I felt bad not knowing who he was immediately.

Anyway, he's looked good late but so has errr... #18? Seems to hold on to everything.  Two great August guys. Not sure I give either much chance in the regular season but it's always good to see guys shine.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #14 : August 27, 2007, 12:18:32 PM »

Jazz is a decent special teamer, or at least a willing STer.  That alone gives him an edge in the hunt for a #4 spot, IMO.  His hands are not suspect (he has good ones), despite his lack of speed, he would be a nice keeper.  As long as he is matched up on a linebacker, or a SS, he is a decent WR.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Paris Warren « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools