Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone Know What Happened to Trueblood? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

: August 26, 2007, 04:21:21 PM

Did he get hurt, or did they replace him with Penn for another reason?

#1 : August 26, 2007, 04:32:32 PM

I've been keeping a pretty close eye on Penn throughout preseason and although last night was his most impressive game he's looked good from game one. If there's any chance of keeping this guy on the final roster they need to make sure they do. Switching sides at the tackle spot is no easy task but the kid handled it pretty well. If they try and put him on the practice squad there's no doubt in my mind he will get snatched up quick.

PoorRichard

Starter

#2 : August 26, 2007, 10:04:36 PM

I think Penn is making a push for Trueblood's job. While the media has been nice to him, his progression from last year to this preseason has been disappointing (when compared to Davin -- he was an animal last night BTW). Penn looked quick and physical. Not only is Penn a lock to make this team, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as our opening day RT.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 26, 2007, 10:27:29 PM

I think they just wanted to get Penn some good reps.  While Penn is looking good, I don't think Trueblood is looking that bad and I'd rather go into the season with the experience Trueblood gained last year.  Plus we always talk about this oline not getting enough time to gel ... well Davin and Trueblood are starting to gel imo, I'd hate to ruin that just to start over with a guy that may not be all that much better-if any.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#4 : August 26, 2007, 10:33:18 PM

Despite the questions about Center I thought Wade had a real good game against Miami, and I'll go as far as saying Davis may have been our best lineman for the game playing at Guard. From what I have seen in the preseason Trueblood has been the weakest link on the offensive line. If Penn can play better I'm all for having him on the field. 

PoorRichard

Starter

#5 : August 27, 2007, 12:17:51 AM

Trueblood has definitely been the weakesk link on the OL and the wouldn't have given Penn all the 1st team snaps if he wasn't pushing for the job.. But, Davin has been by far the best. He was an animal last night. He was driving guys back on every play and he played well with Wade. I think these guys have the look of a pretty good unit if they get a RT to play.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#6 : August 27, 2007, 08:28:49 AM

I think they just wanted to see how Penn would handle the change.. I think he did ok. But I don`t think  that Trueblood`s job is on the line.. On a side note, I think Petitgout has played pretty damn good!! Besides that one false start penalty..

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 27, 2007, 08:50:20 AM

I didn't think Penn looked all that good but True has been among the most disappointing players in this pre-season so I can see that they'd want to see if Penn could take the job from him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 27, 2007, 09:02:26 AM

I hated the Trueblood pick as soon as they made it. If they're giving Penn a shot, why not try Davis over there since they're apparently giving Sears the right guard job?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 27, 2007, 09:50:12 AM

You folks need to stay off the meth.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#10 : August 27, 2007, 09:57:57 AM

The thing w/ Trueblood is he just isn't nimble. I hate to compare him to C. McRae (he isn't that bad) but he does have a similar body style and display's similar lack of quick awareness and reaction, almost as if he's not entirely comfortable in his lanky- type frame. His strength is fine once he locks into his guy but that's not always easy for him to do. In the run game he looks like he has a problem getting low on a consistent basis. In 4 out of 5 pass plays he looks O.K. then he throws a look-out block. I'm pulling for the guy obviously, but his lack of quickness & agility scares me.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 27, 2007, 10:11:49 AM

The thing w/ Trueblood is he just isn't nimble. I hate to compare him to C. McRae (he isn't that bad) but he does have a similar body style and display's similar lack of quick awareness and reaction, almost as if he's not entirely comfortable in his lanky- type frame. His strength is fine once he locks into his guy but that's not always easy for him to do. In the run game he looks like he has a problem getting low on a consistent basis. In 4 out of 5 pass plays he looks O.K. then he throws a look-out block. I'm pulling for the guy obviously, but his lack of quickness & agility scares me.

Yeah?  Where was the look out block last game?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 27, 2007, 10:23:58 AM

Agree. From the beginning I didn't think he had the proper body type for a right tackle. He basically has the frame of a left tackle without the athleticism. For a right tackle, you need a rounder body and stronger base like Jon Runyan to be able to handle more powerful rushers on that side of the line.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#13 : August 27, 2007, 10:24:49 AM

Oh Yeah, my bad!
After carefully considering your stunning insight & analysis, I take back everything I said. :-/

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 27, 2007, 10:35:43 AM

Oh Yeah, my bad!
After carefully considering your stunning insight & analysis, I take back everything I said. :-/

Oh man you sounded like you might know wtf you where talking about but I guess you just stole a few used up lines and put them together?

You wanna go two games back? I still have Jax tivo'd.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone Know What Happened to Trueblood? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools