Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone Know What Happened to Trueblood? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 27, 2007, 10:40:21 AM

Yeah?  Where was the look out block last game?

Go back and watch Q1.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 27, 2007, 10:42:53 AM

Lets just keep Davis on the left side where he has the experience.

Our success rate in cross training tackles is not too swift-in fact it stinks!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 27, 2007, 10:45:01 AM

Go back and watch Q1.

I did... didn't see any. Want to pick an exact play?  reference it how ever you'd like.  thx.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#18 : August 27, 2007, 10:56:11 AM

The thing w/ Trueblood is he just isn't nimble. I hate to compare him to C. McRae (he isn't that bad) but he does have a similar body style and display's similar lack of quick awareness and reaction, almost as if he's not entirely comfortable in his lanky- type frame. His strength is fine once he locks into his guy but that's not always easy for him to do. In the run game he looks like he has a problem getting low on a consistent basis. In 4 out of 5 pass plays he looks O.K. then he throws a look-out block. I'm pulling for the guy obviously, but his lack of quickness & agility scares me.

Oh Yeah, my bad!
After carefully considering your stunning insight & analysis, I take back everything I said. :-/

Oh man you sounded like you might know what you where talking about but I guess you just stole a few used up lines and put them together?

You wanna go two games back? I still have Jax tivo'd.

I've been exposed!!! Oh no! Can I use your "you guys need to stay off the Meth" line? That one was sooo good.
Some kind soul instructed you to go back and look at the 1st qtr of the Miami game, I suggest you do so while the adults have real discussion.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 27, 2007, 11:05:52 AM

You can use the meth line if people keep talking about stuff you're not seeing.

Surely if buddy is missing 1 in five or six blocks I should have noticed. So can you point out a single one from either of the last two games?

Surely you didn't expect to come and throw arround accusations without actually needing to reference a game or a play or a series or anything?

So tell me about this adult discussion. Is that were you can go make any claim you like without any evidence and without fear of  being questioned?

Is that were you can go use a few tired old lines from the "scouting report make a take" and call it insight?

I'll take the other discussion where you actually have to make your own take, have some evidence and be willing to discuss it so we can all have a meaningful discussion and maybe learn something along the way.

So if you actually have a play, I'd like to hear about it. Last two games I still have tivoed so keep it to one of those if you would, please.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

orlandobuc

Starter

#20 : August 27, 2007, 11:38:59 AM

Davis is clearly a RT in my mind. That is where he should be. Only problem is, at this point we have no backup for LT so he really cant be moved.

PoorRichard

Starter

#21 : August 27, 2007, 12:54:25 PM

I think they just wanted to see how Penn would handle the change.. I think he did ok. But I don`t think that Trueblood`s job is on the line.. On a side note, I think Petitgout has played pretty damn good!! Besides that one false start penalty..

I cant imagine they would just hand over True's reps if his job wasn't on the line. He is not exactly Orlando Pace...not taking any reps during the preseason. True is in trouble.

Davis is a better guard then tackle. Go back and look at the game and Penn had a mistake or two (i.e., the Garcia int was his fault) but he played very well. I think an Oline consisting of -
LT - Luke
RG - Davis/Sears
C - Wade
LG - D. Joseph
RG - Penn/True
would be the best oline this team has had since '02.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 27, 2007, 02:03:26 PM

Best "look out block" I remember? Beautifully executed by Davin vs NE on the second? play from scrimmage where Garcia bought some extra time with his feet then threw it in the dirt next to alex smith who was busy blocking the all muthafk out of Air.

Indeed that one play had the best combination of "look out" and "air" block I've seen in a long time.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 27, 2007, 02:05:13 PM

I think they just wanted to see how Penn would handle the change.. I think he did ok. But I don`t think that Trueblood`s job is on the line.. On a side note, I think Petitgout has played pretty damn good!! Besides that one false start penalty..

I cant imagine they would just hand over True's reps if his job wasn't on the line. He is not exactly Orlando Pace...not taking any reps during the preseason. True is in trouble.

Davis is a better guard then tackle. Go back and look at the game and Penn had a mistake or two (i.e., the Garcia int was his fault) but he played very well. I think an Oline consisting of -
LT - Luke
RG - Davis/Sears
C - Wade
LG - D. Joseph
RG - Penn/True
would be the best oline this team has had since '02.

I don't know about all of that but I'd say this group at oline has that chance and frankly the  Dline might be as good as the buc's have had since Sapp became a Raider.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 28, 2007, 09:33:28 AM

Gulf? Dal?   No plays for me to watch? 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone Know What Happened to Trueblood? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools