Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons vs Bucs Reg Season Records « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 27, 2007, 10:23:49 AM

Oh no the guy is right. Watch for, hey quick someone remind me who atl's QB is, to explode onto the scene. They'll win the division and be looking to make a SB run especially with the improvement on D and WR and QB and Head Coach.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 27, 2007, 10:39:04 AM

Atlanta has arguably the worst QB situation in the NFC.
They have an elite TE who has bad knees. Their WR corps is OK but not great.
Their defense is questionable.
So regardless of how you rate their coach, it's tough to see them winning too many games.

JoeHa will drop 3-4 decent teaser games that give them a shot. Until we see their run attack be effective in their new scheme it is hard to know what their offense is but the guys in it don't seem to fit what Petrino wants to do. Their defense should be a mess once Abraham gets hurt and it isn't good enough to carry them through.

5 wins seems like the high mark for that bunch.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 27, 2007, 01:55:40 PM

I agree, dal, but I'm giving them an early win or two for overcoming the Vick Factor. ''The 2-1 Atlanta Falcons are this year's feel-good story of the NFL....'' blah blah.

In Verner We Trust

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 27, 2007, 02:01:50 PM

I agree, dal, but I'm giving them an early win or two for overcoming the Vick Factor. ''The 2-1 Atlanta Falcons are this year's feel-good story of the NFL....'' blah blah.

You wonder how mentally tough that team is and if they rise to that challenge. Maybe Vick was an anchor on that team mentally as well because he never seemed to rise to and if the QB won't do it it is hard for the team to do so.

That's an interesting point to see if they can do that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 27, 2007, 02:12:32 PM

I think the falcons have a good shot at #1 pick next year - vick, injuries, esp Dunn - it doesn't look good.  And now their fan base without Vick could be an issue, i.e. lack of support.  Expect the buccs v falcons away date will have a lot of tickets available in Atl.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

T

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 27, 2007, 02:20:58 PM

Bucs 9-7 if everything goes well 7-9 should be the worst they do
Falcons 4-12 no matter what, new Head Coach, Harrington at QB, new offensive scheme,NO more cheap cut blocking since Alex Gibbs is gone which may hurt their running game, no reliable wr's, suspect defense and the Vick distraction hanging over their heads all year long.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons vs Bucs Reg Season Records « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools