Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT.com has us @ #18 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

War Admiral Buc

Rookie

#15 : August 27, 2007, 01:09:55 PM

Picking up journeyman players (Garcia/June/Pettigout) doesn't necessarily make the Bucs a playoff team. We're going to be lucky to win 5 games this season, unfortunately. The 18th spot is pretty generous. I can't think of many teams weaker than we are.

Garcia can be labeled a journeyman but Pettigout is on his second team as is June. I would not consider them journeyman. So you say we are only going to win one more game than last year with a more favorable schedule a veteran QB and a healthy D. Not sure we make the playoffs but 5-11 is a joke.

BucsRule80

Starter

#16 : August 27, 2007, 01:23:51 PM

Picking up journeyman players (Garcia/June/Pettigout) doesn't necessarily make the Bucs a playoff team. We're going to be lucky to win 5 games this season, unfortunately. The 18th spot is pretty generous. I can't think of many teams weaker than we are.

I think if we were able to win 4 games last year with a rookie QB starting, a banged up defense, and a very tough schedule we should be able to win at least 3 more games because this year we have added many key additions throughout the draft and FA and plus our schedule is much easier than last year. I find that pretty disturbing that you have us going 5-11. The only way I see that happening is if we get a lot of injuries.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 27, 2007, 01:27:47 PM

Garcia can be labeled a journeyman but Pettigout is on his second team as is June. I would not consider them journeyman. So you say we are only going to win one more game than last year with a more favorable schedule a veteran QB and a healthy D. Not sure we make the playoffs but 5-11 is a joke.

Didn't you hear? anyone on at least their second team can be labeled journeymen if it fits your needs. Also note not having a guy whether he goes to his second, third, fourth + team or none at all is always bad and that fellow is never a journeyman.

Got it?  Good, words to live by ;)

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 27, 2007, 01:31:00 PM

I don't know that it would take a lot of injures. Just a couple key ones.  Brian Kelly, Garcia, LT Luke.... two of those three would bring the PAIN!

I think if we were able to win 4 games last year with a rookie QB starting, a banged up defense, and a very tough schedule we should be able to win at least 3 more games because this year we have added many key additions throughout the draft and FA and plus our schedule is much easier than last year. I find that pretty disturbing that you have us going 5-11. The only way I see that happening is if we get a lot of injuries.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : August 27, 2007, 03:05:53 PM

I'm not sure whether Jeff Garcia would be able to start for half the teams in the NFL. Maybe a fourth of them....lets see........ MAYBE 13 teams - no team (other than the Bucs) would be flat out be a favorite to start. Only our Bucs. Sad that we have to settle for a former CFL - 37 yr old QB playing for his fifth team to lead our franchise......I'm depressed. 5 wins, maybe.

Miami Dolphins   NOPE
 New York Jets    NOPE
 New England Patriots  ABSOLUTELY NOPE
 Buffalo Bills  MAYBE

Pittsburgh Steelers   NOPE
Cleveland Browns   MAYBE ----he had his chance there once.
 Baltimore Ravens    NOPE
 Cincinnati Bengals  NOPE

Houston Texans  DOUBTFUL, MAYBE
 Jacksonville Jaguars    NOPE
 Tennessee Titans   NOPE
 Indianapolis Colts   ABSOLUTELY NOT

San Diego Chargers   NOPE
 Oakland Raiders    MAYBE
 Denver Broncos    MAYBE
 Kansas City Chiefs   MAYBE

Dallas Cowboys    NOPE
 Washington Redskins     MAYBE
 Philadelphia Eagles    NOPE -only as a backup
 New York Giants   MAYBE

Chicago Bears   MAYBE
 Detroit Lions  MAYBE - had a chance, didn't make the best of it
 Green Bay Packers NOPE
 Minnesota Vikings   MAYBE

Atlanta Falcons  MAYBE
 New Orleans Saints NOPE
 Carolina Panthers   MAYBE

Seattle Seahawks    NOPE
 St. Louis Rams   NOPE
 San Francisco 49ers NOPE
 Arizona Cardinals NOPE

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 27, 2007, 03:08:22 PM

I now believe that somebody else working with Rich Gannon, not Gruden, was responsible for Gannon's success. I think it's about time we give Gannon the credit for his success and stop assuming every QB that is a little older will be Gruden's next Gannon.

Gannon sure was mediocre until Gruden got a hold of him.    I don't think that's coincidence.   Garcia is the first vet QB we've had here yet in Tampa with the type of skills needed to run Gruden's offense.   I wouldn't be suprised in the least if Garcia had the best year of his career and made the Pro Bowl this year.

Gannon was already good before going to Oakland and Garcia is already good as seen from his play last season. I will give Gruden some credit if he can push us to the next level and at the same time Garcia has a pro bowl type year or has the best year of his career. Anything other then that it's Garcia just like it was Gannon and Gruden just gets credit for bringing them in and signing them.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 27, 2007, 03:17:47 PM

I'm not sure whether Jeff Garcia would be able to start for half the teams in the NFL. Maybe a fourth of them....lets see........ MAYBE 13 teams - no team (other than the Bucs) would be flat out be a favorite to start. Only our Bucs. Sad that we have to settle for a former CFL - 37 yr old QB playing for his fifth team to lead our franchise......I'm depressed. 5 wins, maybe.

Miami Dolphins   NOPE
 New York Jets    NOPE
 New England Patriots  ABSOLUTELY NOPE
 Buffalo Bills  MAYBE

Pittsburgh Steelers   NOPE
Cleveland Browns   MAYBE ----he had his chance there once.
 Baltimore Ravens    NOPE
 Cincinnati Bengals  NOPE

Houston Texans  DOUBTFUL, MAYBE
 Jacksonville Jaguars    NOPE
 Tennessee Titans   NOPE
 Indianapolis Colts   ABSOLUTELY NOT

San Diego Chargers   NOPE
 Oakland Raiders    MAYBE-They've got the #1 pick whenever he signed and Culpepper. No way
 Denver Broncos    MAYBE-No way, they just cut Plummer because of Cutler and Gruden wanted Plummer above Garcia here
 Kansas City Chiefs   MAYBE

Dallas Cowboys    NOPE
 Washington Redskins     MAYBE
 Philadelphia Eagles    NOPE -only as a backup
 New York Giants   MAYBE-They wouldn't pull Manning this year, just like Philly wouldn't pull McNabb.

Chicago Bears   MAYBE-If they haven't pulled Grossman yet they won't pull him until next year unless injured
 Detroit Lions  MAYBE - had a chance, didn't make the best of it.-No way, Kitna threw for over 4,000 yds last year
 Green Bay Packers NOPE
 Minnesota Vikings   MAYBE-I think this one's a yes. He would make them better

Atlanta Falcons  MAYBE-I think he starts there at this point if he had been signed early in the offseason
 New Orleans Saints NOPE
 Carolina Panthers   MAYBE-NOPE

Seattle Seahawks    NOPE
 St. Louis Rams   NOPE
 San Francisco 49ers NOPE
 Arizona Cardinals NOPE

You gave him too much credit. the one's highlighted are the one's I see differently. Two yes's and a bunch of NOPE's. I also do think he makes us better kinda like he would Minnesota. Unfortunately he'll probably get killed behind our O-line before he has a chance.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

benir0

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 27, 2007, 03:22:03 PM

18th maybe talent wise.   But with Gruden, that could jack us up to number 1 or 2.   There's a chance we can win it all provided Gruden stays healthy.

LOL

Nice...

#23 : August 27, 2007, 03:44:05 PM

I wouldn't be suprised in the least if Garcia had the best year of his career and made the Pro Bowl this year.

4000+ yds and 31+ tds?

War Admiral Buc

Rookie

#24 : August 27, 2007, 03:49:38 PM

OMA= pesimist or Steve Dumig but definitley one of the two

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 27, 2007, 03:54:01 PM

I wouldn't be suprised in the least if Garcia had the best year of his career and made the Pro Bowl this year.

4000+ yds and 31+ tds?

Wa what?! I'm be all surprised as all get out if a bucs QB went to the pro-bowl.  Something like two td's a game! yeah, surprised indeed.

As for this who he'd start for take, if ATL = Maybe then Maybe = Certainly.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 27, 2007, 04:25:56 PM

Pessimists abound in August? You guys must be new to the whole FAN thing?

Yeah, what would you anti-Garcia guys have said if we'd passed on Garcia this year and gone after.....perhaps you could let me know who would have been better?

Careful, your bias is showing.

Buncha complaining AGDC's in here - the season hasn't started, you have seen about 25% of the starting offense, probably less of the defense, and you have written off the starting QB and the opportunity for any excitement after ALL that was added this off-season?

Some of you need to experience the late 80's and early 90's again. Let me see, where did I put those Ray Perkins motivational tapes....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 28, 2007, 12:07:07 AM

Sorry, just trying to explain to you why sports analysts might think we're not that great of a team. 18th is pretty optimistic.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 28, 2007, 12:58:28 AM

I'm cool with 18th actually - sounds like sizeable improvement over 29th.

As has already been pointed out though..

What do they know...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 28, 2007, 11:47:23 AM

Garcia will have to have a career type season, Cadillac needs to play like he did in Sept/Oct 2005, Clayton needs to break out of his sophomore slump, the OL needs to do its job, and finally  the defense needs to show up -

If all this happens, the Bucs will contend for a division title again.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT.com has us @ #18 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools