Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Luke Petitgout « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
: August 27, 2007, 08:34:02 AM

I`ve been impressed with him so far at LT. Maybe not as much as Coach Graber, but still impressed..             You haven`t heard his name much which is good for a OT.. He did have a false start against the Fins, But besides that I can`t remember many flaws in his game. Whats your opinions on him so far??

cobraboy

Second String

#1 : August 27, 2007, 08:55:00 AM

Paul Gruber was pretty much invisible, too. Hope he stays healthy. If he does, that is a huge OL upgrade...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 27, 2007, 09:00:38 AM

He's been who we brought him in to be. I don't think he's looked special over there but he's done his job which is what we wanted. The false start is worrisome given his history as is the back problem, again, given the history.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

noopy2237

Starter
#3 : August 27, 2007, 10:11:27 AM

The false start will really come into play at Seattle, the city where many false starts occur.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 27, 2007, 10:15:38 AM

The false start will really come into play at Seattle, the city where many false starts occur.

I feel as though I'm missing out on some 411 that would make that funny or something?  Should I be remembering a lot of false starts last time the bucs played seattle or something?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 27, 2007, 10:39:55 AM

I feel as though I'm missing out on some 411 that would make that funny or something?  Should I be remembering a lot of false starts last time the bucs played seattle or something?

Petit had like 4 in one game in SEA when he was with NYG.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 27, 2007, 10:49:28 AM

Petit had like 4 in one game in SEA when he was with NYG.

Was that in the playoffs?  My brain started warming up and I figured it had to be a giants game. didn't they miss some FG in the playoffs vs Seattle? Was that the game?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 27, 2007, 10:53:00 AM

If the penalties aren't a problem he'll be a major upgrade over AD

buckit

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 27, 2007, 12:59:19 PM

When did Pettigout play?  Hopefully not in the first quater where we couldn't run the ball or protect the passer... [banghead]

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 27, 2007, 01:06:50 PM

When did Pettigout play?  Hopefully not in the first quater where we couldn't run the ball or protect the passer... [banghead]
Caddy ripped off two big runs.  Probably one more than he had all last year... [banghead]

buckit

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 27, 2007, 01:08:26 PM

That was later...and the line seemed to settle down for Garcia too.  Was that Pettigout?

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 27, 2007, 01:22:56 PM

Caddy ripped off two big runs.  Probably one more than he had all last year... [banghead]

How many different games to you think they play. People on this board are evidently getting at least two different feeds.  :confused:

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#12 : August 27, 2007, 01:28:20 PM

I have been extremely impressed with Petitgout. In the game against Jacksonville he had at least 2 and possibly 3 pancakes. That's big time - he really has that down.

I think that if you watch him closely you will see plenty of skill and that he is a great addition to this team. Garcia has happy feet constantly and he sort of always looks uncomfortable in the pocket, so you may be seeing the product of that rather than real pressure. Most of the pressure I have seen come has been between Wade or Lehr and Joseph throughout the preseason. It's mostly a center thing.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 27, 2007, 01:34:54 PM

I have been extremely impressed with Petitgout. In the game against Jacksonville he had at least 2 and possibly 3 pancakes. That's big time - he really has that down.

I think that if you watch him closely you will see plenty of skill and that he is a great addition to this team. Garcia has happy feet constantly and he sort of always looks uncomfortable in the pocket, so you may be seeing the product of that rather than real pressure. Most of the pressure I have seen come has been between Wade or Lehr and Joseph throughout the preseason. It's mostly a center thing.

That seems right to me.

The lone play I actually saw on TV from the NE game the pressure came right past Davin. To be fair, Davin would have at least held the guy if he wasn't so fast. 

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 27, 2007, 05:12:18 PM

Given that our LTs have been in the bottom quarter of the league, I'd be delighted if he's an average to slightly above average LT.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Luke Petitgout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools