Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watching the Vick footage right now..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : August 27, 2007, 12:02:14 PM

I wish I could have seen it but this guy is far from gone. He COULD just get house arrest.

Depends on who and how many he throws under the bus.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#16 : August 27, 2007, 12:04:23 PM

This turd sounds totally insincere trying to apologize.

I can't watch right now, but, just from the pic posted above you can tell he's more angry than sorry or even humble.  Ok, I heard his statment on the radio.....he sounds "better" than he looks in that pic.  I hope he gets back to good (personally, not sure Goodell really wants him back in the NFL).  

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : August 27, 2007, 12:17:29 PM

and I actually feel sorry for this guy. What a fall from grace.

How could Vick do what he did with the Falcons organization, his teammates, and his agent not knowing? Why didn't any of them intervene - and get him to get out of the dog fighting business?  Maybe they tried. Its hard to believe that no one was aware of his extra-curricular activities.

I don't feel sorry for the guy.  I do feel sorry for the sport because he's a major loss to NFL football. He was interesting to watch.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 27, 2007, 12:18:40 PM

Vick is the perfect example of how the hood doesn't discriminate it does not matter if you are rich or poor as long as you chose to play with the hood. The hood will always bring you down harder then any DT.

#19 : August 27, 2007, 12:27:37 PM

How could Vick do what he did with the Falcons organization, his teammates, and his agent not knowing?

Its called "what happens in the lockerroom stays in the lockerroom".

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 27, 2007, 12:36:17 PM

And it wasn't just Vick.

Animal abuse seems to be a Falcon problem

NFL player charged with felony animal cruelty
Lawrenceville, GA (US)
Incident Date: Monday, Feb 19, 2007
County: Gwinnett
Disposition: Alleged
Charges: Felony CTA

Alleged: Jonathan Babineaux

Case Updates: 5 update(s) available

Case ID: 10798

Classification: Beating

Animal: dog (non pit-bull)

View more cases in GA (US)

Login to Watch this Case 

Gwinnett County police arrested Atlanta Falcons defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux Monday morning on a charge of felony animal cruelty. Babineaux has bonded out of jail.

According to Cpl. Darren Moloney of the Gwinnett County Police Department, Babineaux's wife took a dog to an animal emergency center in Gwinnett County on Feb 18. The dog later died and the subsequent investigation led to an arrest warrant for Babineaux. According to Moloney, investigators believe Babineaux "somehow had a direct hand in killing the animal."

A necropsy on the dog will not be performed until Feb 20 to determine the cause of death.

The Falcons confirmed the arrest in a brief statement.

"We're aware of the situation and we're in the process of gathering information," said Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts. "Until we have the information we need, we will have no further comment."

Case Updates
Gwinnett police allege that Babineaux killed his live-in girlfriend's dog, a pit bull mix named Kilo, in February.

"I'm not addressing that right now, all I'm worrying about is football," Babineaux said during a recent interview. "When the time comes I'll address the media."

When pressed about the dog charges Babineaux was not forthcoming.

"It's all in my lawyer's hands," said Babineaux, who has denied hurting the dog according to police.

With a league-wide crackdown by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on players with off-the-field issues, Babineaux could find himself getting called to New York. If convicted he'll likely be facing a suspension from Goodell.

His attorney, Patrick John McDonough, recently said that investigation of the death of the dog was still ongoing.
Source: Atlanta Journal Constitution - May 11, 2007
Update posted on Jun 3, 2007 - 2:50PM 

Police received the results Thursday of a necropsy for the dog owned by the girlfriend of Atlanta Falcon football player Jonathan Babineaux.

Babineaux was arrested and charged with cruelty to animals in February. The player was charged after girlfriend Blair Anderson's one-and-a-half-year-old pit bull Kilo was injured and died after allegedly being left alone with Babineaux on Feb. 18.

Gwinnett County Police Department spokesman Cpl. Darren Moloney said the results of the necropsy are inconsistent with statements made by Babineaux about what happened to the dog.

Moloney said specific information about the necropsy would not be released due to the seriousness of the charges against Babineaux and pending prosecution.
Source: Gwinett Daily Post - March 9, 2007
Update posted on Mar 11, 2007 - 6:16PM 

On February 23, an animal protection organization asked Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank to suspend a defensive lineman facing animal abuse charges. PETA is urging Blank to suspend Jonathan Babineaux until the case is resolved. “Furthermore, if Babineaux is convicted, we ask that your organization release him."

A letter was also sent to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell urging him to suspend the Atlanta Falcons defensive tackle from the NFL—if he is found guilty of cruelty to animals—for the full 2008 season, and to implement a strict zero-tolerance policy against animal abuse by NFL players and staff.

The plea comes in the wake of the reported beating death of a dog belonging to Blair Anderson, Babineaux’s live-in girlfriend. Babineaux is accused of beating the animal to death after having an argument with Anderson, and he was arrested on a felony charge of cruelty to animals.

#21 : August 27, 2007, 01:40:21 PM

they said on tv this a.m. that Babineaux killed Kilo with a hammer.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 27, 2007, 01:46:14 PM

^^wonder where he bought it.

#23 : August 27, 2007, 01:51:10 PM

^^wonder where he bought it.

LOL..... Lowe's maybe?  ;)

#24 : August 27, 2007, 02:24:06 PM

News Flash........ Vick finds Jesus after pleading to FEDERAL Felony charges.......
 I would've never guessed it.... Boy he sure is a good speaker and I think he put alot of thought into it... How comes when you get popped with a Felony you automatically find "JESUS"! There shoud be 1000 churches at every Prison, cause you know everyone is talking to Jesus.
 Was it just me hating Vick more than most, or did it sound like he almost forgot to mention that he found Jesus... cant forget that part of my "tail between the legs" speech.
 I hope he goes down in an inferno!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry had to vent my hatred towards this dude, we've all had enough reasons to hate him.... Ron Mexico, the finger, the water bottle, the "everyone loves me" attitude....I feel no pity for the guy.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 27, 2007, 02:25:51 PM

News Flash........ Vick finds Jesus after pleading to FEDERAL Felony charges.......
 I would've never guessed it.... Boy he sure is a good speaker and I think he put alot of thought into it... How comes when you get popped with a Felony you automatically find "JESUS"! There shoud be 1000 churches at every Prison, cause you know everyone is talking to Jesus.

I sincerely hope Jesus teaches him all about Sodom and Gomorrah in prison.   ;)

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#26 : August 27, 2007, 02:28:55 PM

they said on tv this a.m. that Babineaux killed Kilo with a hammer.

I never killed a kilo w/ a hammer but I tried my best once w/ a straw.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#27 : August 27, 2007, 02:35:11 PM

Once I heard the whole thing, he did sound contrite.   The Jesus thing seemed out of left field (he had already thanked God).  It's not easy to talk in front of folks, much less admitting guilt to 300+ folks holding cameras that are beaming images across the world. 

Good for him.  The first step.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#28 : August 27, 2007, 02:40:38 PM

Americans forgive and forget. He'll be back at QB by 2009 season - hometeam fans will be cheering him on, networks will be doing feel-good stories about his comeback, etc.  That's the American Way. *

*unless your name is Rae Carruth

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#29 : August 27, 2007, 03:57:17 PM

What I heard was "I'm sorry I got caught"  and I really want to make millions playing football again. I think the majority of the educated people who listenedsaw his news conference saw right through it. I may go to straight to he11, but I burst out laughing when he said he found Jesus. I hope he never plays another down in the NFL because he truly is not remourseful.   

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watching the Vick footage right now..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools