Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News: Moody a Gator « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

: August 27, 2007, 12:08:54 PM

Hopefully, this will give Urban the feature back he has been lacking. Good news either way.

http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=2&c=672478

Snook

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 27, 2007, 01:33:24 PM

Great pickup.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 27, 2007, 02:19:39 PM

How loaded is the USC backfield? Geez..

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 27, 2007, 02:53:38 PM

Yeah, Red, when I read the article and it said he was competing w/ 9 other backs I thought, " No wonder he's looking to transfer."

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 27, 2007, 03:20:24 PM

I'll take it but CJ Spiller is who I would have really loved.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 27, 2007, 04:50:34 PM

Moody stated that he wanted to be the "main" guy somewhere.  I guess USC wouldn't commit to that.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#6 : August 27, 2007, 05:11:40 PM

Wow, so UF's "feature" back ran from a competitive landscape in USC.  Congrats on beating out the powerhouse known as UNC for this guy............ 
 :P

All kidding aside, I do question a guy who does not want to face stiff competition.....

still a good athelete based on what I have read.

#7 : August 27, 2007, 06:27:39 PM

Wow, so UF's "feature" back ran from a competitive landscape in USC.  Congrats on beating out the powerhouse known as UNC for this guy............ 
 :P

All kidding aside, I do question a guy who does not want to face stiff competition.....

still a good athelete based on what I have read.

I don't think Moody didn't want to face stiff comp.  He kind of got screwed actually.  He was to be the starter, gut hurt, and when he came back he found himself behind 3-4 guys.  No guy should lose his job to injury.  I liked Moody and wish him well.  He is very good and I think he was smart to leave.  I worry that others may follow, with Carroll bringing in so many of these guys.  Some no doubt will have to change positions, and I worry that hurts our recruiting in the future.  Not to mention he kicked a player off the team who had talked about transferring.  I wonder if Carroll is really leaving after this year as rumored and doesn't worry about future damage done.....  I sure hope not.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 27, 2007, 06:31:14 PM

moody will have some competition at UF as well.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ranman

Pro Bowler
#9 : August 27, 2007, 06:35:13 PM

Thx usc.  I wasn't aware of the whole story - just the snippets I have read recently. 

surgeandsettle

Practice Squad

#10 : August 29, 2007, 03:29:08 PM

Who does Moody have to compete with next year at RB???
A 5'4 155 lb kid from Lakeland?

I really wonder if Meyer told him that he doesn't typically have a "feature back"?  ... imagine that part of the recruiting process probably was never directly answered

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#11 : August 29, 2007, 04:23:35 PM

BigDaddy, since he's only been a head coach for what--6 years, 2 of those @ UF--what do you mean he doesn't typically have a feature back?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 29, 2007, 06:19:54 PM

hmmm, that guy from lakeland is bigger than an old timer named warrick dunn, and i think he did pretty good for himself.  but after that he's gotta pass moore, walker, fayson, williams, williams,   james, and worry about harvin and thompson stealing carries.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

LA BUC

Starter

#13 : August 30, 2007, 01:36:00 AM

He became a starter last year because of injurys . He's a good back he's quick with real good move's, but SC is loaded so he's a little to small and not fast enough to compete with the future pro's. Don't get me wrong he did great as a freshmen,  I just did'nt see him as the TB.  SC needs the roster spot for that CB thats was headed to Miami.

surgeandsettle

Practice Squad

#14 : August 30, 2007, 01:43:19 PM

groove: since he's been a head coach, how many true "touch the ball 20+ times per game" feature backs has he had?

Warrick Dunn is/was bigger than Rainey .... the kid is TINY --- fast as hell, you bet ... but VERY small
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News: Moody a Gator « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools