Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bargin Sale: Clayton & Simms « previous next »
Page: 1

thanson

Starter

: August 27, 2007, 02:02:20 PM

What do I hear?

BUCky Badger

Snook

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 27, 2007, 02:03:58 PM

No one wants to trade for players that are rumored to be released. 

Who would trade for Simms knowing (LIKE MOST OF THE WORLD) that he's going to be released?  Duh.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 27, 2007, 02:04:11 PM

A bag of chips and a one liter of Pepsi.  

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 27, 2007, 02:10:00 PM

JC would give his left nut for a chance to spoon Simms for an hour, that has to be worth something.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 27, 2007, 02:12:19 PM

A bag of chips and a one liter of Pepsi. 

Throw in a moon pie and I'm sold!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 27, 2007, 02:20:17 PM

A receiver-starved team (Vikes) might be interested in picking up Clayton in exchange for a player on the bubble where they have strong depth (Mewelde Moore)

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 27, 2007, 02:21:42 PM

Bargain implies value.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 27, 2007, 02:24:00 PM

At least Clayton can block for the running game and chase down punts and kickoffs. 

Simms can only hold a clipboard.

Clayton - 6th rounder

Simms - 2 free tickets to the movies.  Wait that $20 now days.....  $5 gift certificate for the movies. ;)

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

#8 : August 27, 2007, 03:08:02 PM

Bargain implies value.

That's not what he said, it's a 'bargin' sale. Short for barging maybe, I don't know.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 27, 2007, 03:19:53 PM

No arguement on Simms.
Garcia might be able to throw a catchable ball to Clayton. I can't believe Clayton has forgotten how. He has had injury issues, a weak OL, and Simms and Gradkowski. He also had one very productive year when he stayed healthy. I'm not ready to say it was all his fault, but this is his last chance. If he can't cut it this time, he's done.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 27, 2007, 03:38:23 PM

I'll give ya a Joe Knucksall baseball card and a shiney new nickle. ;D

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 27, 2007, 03:56:31 PM

Garcia might be able to throw a catchable ball to Clayton. I can't believe Clayton has forgotten how. He has had injury issues, a weak OL, and Simms and Gradkowski. He also had one very productive year when he stayed healthy. I'm not ready to say it was all his fault, but this is his last chance. If he can't cut it this time, he's done.

Nobody can force Clayton's head into the game. Nobody but Clayton.

At this point, based on what I'm hearing, I fear the worst for him.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 27, 2007, 06:07:59 PM

Nobody can force Clayton's head into the game. Nobody but Clayton.

At this point, based on what I'm hearing, I fear the worst for him.
I'm really sorry to hear that, but I still would like to see him return to his rookie form.  You always have some basis for the opinions you have, and I respect that. In this case, I hope you are wrong. This is a decent hard working young man from all I have read and seen. Success for him is success for the team and that is what I want to see.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 27, 2007, 10:07:10 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that, but I still would like to see him return to his rookie form.  You always have some basis for the opinions you have, and I respect that. In this case, I hope you are wrong. This is a decent hard working young man from all I have read and seen. Success for him is success for the team and that is what I want to see.

I hope so, too.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bargin Sale: Clayton & Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools