Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Mike Alstott................. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

: November 07, 2006, 07:42:39 AM

He just isn't used right by Gruden.......Oh....has that been posted before......sorry my bad. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :o :o :o

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 07, 2006, 07:46:27 AM

From now on all postings should contain one of the three items:

1.Not used  right by Gruden
2.Not a gruden guy
3.Gruden is an ego maniac

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

replica

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 07, 2006, 08:19:37 AM

I thought Alstott retired last year?

Dominico

Starter

#3 : November 07, 2006, 08:25:03 AM

Yeah we should just hand it off to Alstott every play, i mean he is averaging 2.1 ypc. Or better yet have him run a deep post and show off that 4.8 40 speed.

skip

Starter

#4 : November 07, 2006, 02:11:11 PM

DanTurks, Exactly my point, Alstott is a tailback, not a fullback. How many pro bowls did mike go to when he was used differently? How many pro bowls has Pittman gone too?

skip

Starter

#5 : November 07, 2006, 10:39:07 AM

Gruden has ruined the later part of Alstotts career. Gruden spoke highly of the Giants Brandon Jacobs where he has a similar back in Mike Alstott. Gruden inherited a bad offense when he arrived here and five years later its even worse. Its way past time to withdraw any reference to the offensive genius label, this guys west coast offense stinks. Make better use of Alstott, put Gradkowski in the shotgun where he excelled in college and throw out the west coast system it has failed miserably. If your system is not working after five years then change it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 07, 2006, 10:41:08 AM

Nice thread Steve...
:P

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 07, 2006, 10:42:23 AM

Are you serious in comparing Alstott to Brandon Jacobs?  Alstott is not even close to Jacobs as a runner - these are the type of homer comments that make people look like they are on Mike's jock.  Mike was a good football player but he is not anymore.  I would rather see Derek Watson getting carries than Alstott - oh yeah Derek is not on the team - lol.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : November 07, 2006, 10:56:11 AM

Alstott used to be good. Sometimes fans can't let go of fan favorite players. The guy isn't good any more. If you have objectively watched a Bucs game in the last 2 years you would realize he isn't good anymore. You just need to let go.

Jacobs is a young stud and Alstott is washed up. They aren't even the same type of runner...Jacobs is fast.

#9 : November 07, 2006, 10:57:47 AM

Alstott used to be good. Sometimes fans can't let go of fan favorite players. The guy isn't good any more. If you have objectively watched a Bucs game in the last 2 years you would realize he isn't good anymore. You just need to let go.

Jacobs is a young stud and Alstott is washed up. They aren't even the same type of runner...Jacobs is fast.

I actually agree with you Option. The problem i have is why is Alstott still on the team? If he's not gonna be used then get a real fullback(Sowell) on the field to block for Caddy.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#10 : November 07, 2006, 11:06:09 AM

Yeah HDE, I question that as well. I mean it is obvious that he is only here because of loyalty. His blocking isn't that good but it has gotten better.

He is gone after this season though which is good for me. We'll get to probably see Sowell who will have a year under his belt in this system and know what is going on when he hits the field. I would activate Sowell right now and start playing him but that would be a huge insult to Mike. We're just stuck between a rock and a hard place with him.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 07, 2006, 11:06:39 AM

The problem i have is why is Alstott still on the team?

I suspect the Lynch flap has something to do with it. I suspect the Bucs were hoping that Mike would retire in the offseason. I imagine they're hoping the same thing for this offseason.

Bucs33

Second String

#12 : November 07, 2006, 11:37:13 AM

We at least need to get alstott  66 more rushing yards this year and 3 more catches...

5,000 yards rushing, 70 TD's, and 300 catches isn't too bad of a career at all, I hope he can hit all those amrks, not that he'll be a hall of famers but, a nice cap to a career

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#13 : November 07, 2006, 12:13:21 PM

Alstott is mostly used for :  When all else fails dump it off to Alstott LATE in the flats so that he gets decapitated... [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

#14 : November 07, 2006, 12:39:19 PM

even when he gets the ball he goes nowhere.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Mike Alstott................. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools