Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Mike Alstott................. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#30 : November 07, 2006, 03:54:05 PM

im sure he will,

skip

Starter

#31 : November 07, 2006, 04:04:12 PM

Dan, I understand your point regarding the halfback to fullback issue. I am frustrated at how Gruden has used Alstott, I am disappointed that Gruden has been here for five years and this is the best offense he can come up with. In my opinion there is a correlation to Alstott getting carries or catches and the Bucs winning, when the guy touches the ball good things happen. Sounds like most here would like to see him retire, from what little I have seen he appears to have football left in him. The year he was injured he was something like 10 for 10 in short yardage situations.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 07, 2006, 04:58:07 PM

Dan, I understand your point regarding the halfback to fullback issue. I am frustrated at how Gruden has used Alstott, I am disappointed that Gruden has been here for five years and this is the best offense he can come up with. In my opinion there is a correlation to Alstott getting carries or catches and the Bucs winning, when the guy touches the ball good things happen. Sounds like most here would like to see him retire, from what little I have seen he appears to have football left in him. The year he was injured he was something like 10 for 10 in short yardage situations.

Mike is not a tailback in Gruden's system, and he's not a fullback either, because he simply doesn't block well enough. Again, I like the guy, always have, even when he was tabbed a "fumbler" earlier in his career.

BTW, Mike was 7 of 8 on short yardage in 2003. That was a long time ago.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#33 : November 07, 2006, 06:07:08 PM

How can you say Alstott is good, or not good anymore? He is simply not used, he is just on the team because they didn't want to cut a fan favorite and look bad. I think they look worse now because Caddy can't get the job done in the passing game or in short yardage. There is no reason Pittman should get more touches than Mike, or did you miss the kicker putting him down in the open field, lets see a kicker, or a BB for that matter take Alstott down 1 on 1 in the open field, its not going to happen.
Gruden has his favorites and they can do no wrong, Simms messes up he gets dogged on the sidelines, and scolded to the press. Grad's puts the ball down everytime he is touched, throws a 3 yard pass when we need 9 for a first and he gets "coached" on the sidelines.
Gruden wants Grad's and if yout hink Gruden knows more than every other HC and GM in the NFL, then maybe Grad's will pan out, but for some reason Gruden limits the 3 step drops that Grad's takes, and out game plan of heavy pass shows he is TRYING to set Grad's up as the hero, so the fan base will want his boy in there. Caddy is one dimensional, he is a poor blocker and can't make a hard catch to save his life. If the Genious that is Gruden would maybe try to spread the field then run the ball, its hard to stack the box with 8 or 9 if we have 3 WR's, and if they want 8 in the box with 3 WR's then we should easily find an open WR.
Grudens ego has a lot to do with what is wrong with the team, now you can be a Gruden hugger and discount that, but we have had more losing seasons with HIS guys in their than winning ones. Simms, not his guy = 11-5, Brad not his guy = SB..Griese his guy,=  mess, Grad's his guy =  top 5 draft pick next draft.
In fact other than Gannon what QB has Gruden coached that is HIS kind of QB that he has had succes with?
Rob Johnson was his kind of QB. Actually Griese is not really a Gruden QB, so the little success he had should not even count. Gruden likes a QB, that is seasoned, accurate, mobile, and has a good arm, and does not turn the ball over...Now tell me one team that does not want all that, and now tell me how many QB's ARE all those things?  Gruden is overated as a OC, and has been riding the defense from day one.

Hey man...welcome aboard! The board just got stupider.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Mike Alstott................. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools