Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick Finds Jesus « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

gone

Hall of Famer
« #15 : August 27, 2007, 09:42:07 PM »

zed

Pro Bowler

« #16 : August 27, 2007, 09:58:10 PM »

How did you ever get back to one post?

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #17 : August 27, 2007, 10:17:04 PM »

People find Jesus, rush to rehab, accept responsibility so on and so forth when they are in trouble. Maybe he is sincere, I think he sounded quite contrite. Usually you can see through the transparency. The proof is in the pudding and it is the actions of the man that count not the words. If he serves his time and comes out of this a better person I for one, will be willing to give him a second chance. Most people make mistakes, it is just that others make bigger mistakes. Now, it is simply up to him. Let's see what happens I say rather than condemning the man for eternity.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #18 : August 27, 2007, 10:19:49 PM »

Well, I for one am glad that he found Jesus, if he was sincere.  Most people have to hit rock bottom before they surrender to Christ.

« #19 : August 27, 2007, 10:22:04 PM »

Jesus sure gets lost a lot.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : August 27, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »

Well, I for one am glad that he found Jesus, if he was sincere.  Most people have to hit rock bottom before they surrender to Christ.

He might not be on the streets right now, but his whole world has come crashing down around him. 'Rock bottom' is relative.

If he is truly sincere he is lucky in that nobody got hurt that can sue the pants off him. So, even if the NFL/Falcons rake back a big bunch of that bonus money he will still be pretty rolling in jack to show how sincere he really is.
Not a lot of people in this world have the means to back up their words as he has.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 27, 2007, 11:43:30 PM »

He has found Jesus because somebody convinced him bringing up Jesus can get him back
into the NFL in the future. He has found Jesus because it has the potential to help him.

Jesus can't help Vick. Only person who can help Vick is Vick.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #22 : August 27, 2007, 11:51:26 PM »

Welcome back Caradoc!  Where did you go and why did you delete your profile?

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #23 : August 28, 2007, 02:04:28 AM »

Michael Vick saying he found Jesus is about as sincere as the guy telling a girl he loves her just to get her in the sack. When I heard that, the first thing that came to my mind was Top Gun. The scene where Maverick is describing his run in with a Mig 28 and Iceman caughs and says bullspit.

The only way I believe this is if he's referring to his friend Jesus (a hispanic guy) who was involved in the dog fighting and Vick found him so the Feds could arrest him too...or possibly Jesus is the name of his new soon to be cellmate who he "found".

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 28, 2007, 03:48:16 AM »

I was as offended by his finding Jesus as I was about the dog fighting to begin with.

However, having said that...he'll need to find something to be able to make it through his next phase of existence.  So for his sake, I hope he finds something of value
to get him through.  IMHO he'll be on suicide watch his first year in the "house".

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 28, 2007, 07:28:51 AM »

Michael Vick saying he found Jesus is about as sincere as the guy telling a girl he loves her just to get her in the sack.

Good analogy!

C2asante

Starter

« #26 : August 28, 2007, 08:16:25 AM »

We can question his sincerity all we want, and may never know, but I for one am glad that Jesus is there for those who need him most at the time they need him most.  The fact that it takes something traumatic for people to accept God is nothing new, it happened in the Bible and throughout history.  I am comforted to know that unlike us God does forgive.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #27 : August 28, 2007, 08:58:10 AM »

He hasn't changed, and he never will. I say condemn him for eternity. He's too stupid to live. How could he NOT know what he was risking? He thought money and fame would protect him. He thought he was invulnerable. Jesus may save at Chase, but nothing will save Michael Vick. He's not worth saving. He pooped in his own punchbowl.

This is not the end for him. He will make headlines again somewhere down the road. People like him never learn. He won't make the same mistake again, but he will come up with a new one. He craves the spotlight too much to just fade away.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

« #28 : August 28, 2007, 10:39:54 AM »

Okay, I'm going to open a can of worms here.  (It's fun open Pandora's box every once in a while).

Maybe I haven't been in the states long enough - or maybe I'm just racist (Which I don't like to believe).  However, why is it that if some big shot African American get's in trouble all he has to do is say "I found Jesus" and all of a sudden the whole African American community rallies around him and make HIM out to be the victim of the evil white man?!  At least that's how the media portrays it and it's kind of interesting.

Yesterday I happen to listen to ESPN's coverage (which they have online) and the host (I think he is Caucasian)  was gushing about how contrite Vick sounded, how all these politicians could learn from his wonderful style etc..  Then one of his cohosts (African American) talks about how Vick comes from the racist south and that Dog Fighting is a southern thing and equates it with a side effect of slavery.  All of a sudden it's becoming this racial story.... 

Michael Jackson all of a sudden finds Allah, becomes Muslim and now it's not his fault anymore for wanting to uhmnn.. get kids pants half off.  I mean it just doesn't make sense to me...

Maybe I'm just to dumb to figure this out....   Vick killed DOGS because they didn't do what he wanted them to do (Make him money in dog fights) in a brutal way (On the other hand is there ever a non-brutal way?) get's caught, lies about it up to the last possible second.  When he finally realizes that the gig is up because everyone else is flipping for the prosecution he suddenly finds Jesus and the black community rallies around him.  Is the media portraying this wrong or are people REALLY this gullible?

This is NOT intended to be a racist thread.  No black vs. white thing...  It's just a question that has been bothering me for a while...

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #29 : August 28, 2007, 10:48:03 AM »

"I've Found Jesus".....is what my attorney told me to say.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick Finds Jesus « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools