Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MNF: Falcons vs Bengals « previous next »
Page: 1

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

: August 27, 2007, 08:36:45 PM

Harrington looks OK so far.......all of those first round WRs are starting to look dangerous.

Tobias Funke

Starter
#1 : August 27, 2007, 08:44:10 PM

But then again, this Bengals team ranked 30th in overall defense last year, and are ranked last in the league defensively so far this preseason.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 27, 2007, 08:49:06 PM

It's an attacking style offense, very aggressive. I like it but Harrington can't hold up in the long run.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 27, 2007, 09:15:05 PM

Harrington sucks, Brohm a falcon

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#4 : August 27, 2007, 09:15:14 PM

This will be a difficult season for Vick/Falcon haters: Joey playing well PROVES that Vick was a horrible QB, and that it never was a problem of their WRs, but is that worth the cost of the Falcons having a "good" year?

Frankly I've never been one to avoid piling on, and the irony of Joey freaking Harington leading this team to a winning season and having to watch Vick apologists deny the logical conclusion about his playing ability while fighting the feelings of their team actually doing well might be too funny to pass up.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 27, 2007, 09:16:34 PM

Wow, is this Monday Night Football, or the Mike Vick is an okay guy telethon.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 27, 2007, 09:17:18 PM

Could they shut up about Vick already

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 27, 2007, 09:27:48 PM

Cincinnati has got the offense in high gear. Can't wait for Chad's first TD celebration. I hear he's been saving up money for his fines.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 27, 2007, 10:19:55 PM

Even when Vick isnt on the Team, he gets all the attention.  When is this madness going to stop, I may have to listen to 103.5 during the Falcon games this year. 

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 27, 2007, 10:22:39 PM

Well, it's just an unfortunate coincidence that the game is played on the same day he cops a plea. I think no matter who was playing tonight it would have been all Vick talk. If he pled on a Wednesday then likely not so much talk except all on Sportscenter.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 27, 2007, 10:34:59 PM

It's an attacking style offense, very aggressive

This is true.  And that is the kind of offense I like. Bittersweet feeling eh? :P

superbuc

Practice Squad
#11 : August 27, 2007, 10:48:29 PM

Oh, good gracious....we have to hear that they can't ask the Falcons players about the Vick "situation".  I muted the interview with the "pulitzer prize journalist" and the effect the situation has on Atlantans. 

Ok, enough of that...the birds look good, but, it's hard to tell how good with the awful Bengals defense.

And, how HOT is that Heineken robot?!

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#12 : August 28, 2007, 12:46:10 AM

Harrington can have a statistically great season and the Falcons would still end up with a losing season. Even during the Vick days, the defense has always let the falcons down. I don't expect that to change this year.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 28, 2007, 03:58:33 AM

Boy, I am so glad you guys mentioned the "shut up about Vick"  How many ways and times can you dissect a cadaver? I stopped watching at the beginning of the third quarter.

Happy for Joey Harrington.  I loved him in college/

Thought the Bengals defense would be better under Lewlis?  And the opening plays of the Bengals running through the lines so easily did not bode well for the Falcons. 

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MNF: Falcons vs Bengals « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools