Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should We Be Cautious About Harrington? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #15 : August 28, 2007, 08:58:39 AM »

Harrington isn't incapable of playing a good game. He IS incapable of playing more than one in a row. He's had X 90+ QBR games in his career (no, I don't know the exact number) but he's never been able to put two of them back to back.  He'll have a game here and there where he'll fool you but over the long haul he's no good. All we have to hope is he doesn't pop one of his good games against us.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 28, 2007, 08:59:38 AM »

They looked good last night, for sure. I like the offense but Harrington won't hold up in the long run.

T

Hall of Famer

« #17 : August 28, 2007, 09:16:30 AM »

It's Pre-Season! They were playing the Bengals defense NOT a top ranked unit from last year. Why is it when the Bucs offense moves the ball consistently eeryone on here tempers their excitement, but when ATL does ok against a poor defensive unit everyone think Harrington is the next Elway? What a joke.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #18 : August 28, 2007, 09:17:50 AM »

I'm not too worried about the Falcons.  They were a 6-10 team WITH Vick and about the same without him.  They'll just suck in a different way.  Atlanta's defense will be their main concern.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #19 : August 28, 2007, 09:20:04 AM »

D Hall got burned on multiple occasions, I think he's worried Vick's gonna rat on him, seriously.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #20 : August 28, 2007, 09:23:17 AM »

I'm not too worried about the Falcons.  They were a 6-10 team WITH Vick and about the same without him.  They'll just suck in a different way.  Atlanta's defense will be their main concern.
Unfortunately I think they're closer to having a good defense than we are.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 28, 2007, 09:54:28 AM »

Getting out of the Vick contract is the best thing that could have happened to the Falcons.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

vladin

Starter

« #22 : August 28, 2007, 10:29:58 AM »

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers should approach every team like they are Tom frickin' Brady and the Patriots.  This team is coming off a putrid season, and cannot afford to take any opponents lightly, no matter what their roster.  And we'll know the defense is truly back when we don't care who the quarterback is. 

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #23 : August 28, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »

Harrington was the 3rd pick in the draft, so he does have talent.  One thing is for certain, Petrino WILL produce a good offense.  I saw Jenkins at OSU, and this guy can play football.  I have no idea about White, but he sure seems to have some serious talent.  Norwood looked good in spot play last year.  We all know about Crumpler.

It would be tough to design a true offense around Vick.  The NFL passing game is based on timing, and nothing screws up timing better than a guy running around in the backfield.  Sure he can make big plays, but you can't design consistent patterns like that.

Harrington does have a lot of flaws.  He seems unsure of himself under pressure, and he really beats himself up when things don't go his way.  This seems to last several drives.  Great QB's shake off bad plays, Harrington doesn't, at least at this stage of his career.  He reminds of me of a much more skilled Dilfer.  A nice guy who can pass the ball, but not a guy who can bring you back when things look grim.  BTW, both guys are Tedford projects. 

Petrino's O will work in the NFL.  Whether Harrington is the guy remains to be seen. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #24 : August 28, 2007, 11:11:24 AM »

I believe the Falcons are the biggest sleeper in the league right now.  They could make a serious run IMO.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 28, 2007, 11:24:13 AM »

I believe the Falcons are the biggest sleeper in the league right now. They could make a serious run IMO.

Not with that defense, no way. Horrid CB play along with weak LB's and bad safeties, no way.

dodda45

Starter
« #26 : August 28, 2007, 11:26:10 AM »

Are you guys kidding?  All of this off of one preseason game?  I live in Atlanta and not even Atlanta fans are optimistic as you are...White dropped another pass last night...Jenkins is very inconsistent...Jennings is an interesting player and Laurent Robinson is pretty decent.  This  is one preseason game...Did you guys watch them the week before against Buffalo?  Two turnovers on the first three drives by the first team...They have major issues on defense in coverage and against the run...and they still don't have Coleman back...Last night was Anderson's best night but he is playing on the left side and has been pretty ordinary the first two games...As I said a week ago, their best pickup this offseason was the fullback and their pass protection is a little better...but I still don't expect much from them this year.  If Abraham gets hurt again(which is likely, looking at his career), that defense is in huge trouble.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #27 : August 28, 2007, 11:41:22 AM »

I've always had the sneaking su**CENSORED**ion that Harrington could be a very solid NFL quarterback.  The upside is, we used to see the guy twice a year, so Monte knows him well. 

Harrington looked good last night, however, he's had games like that before.  What he hasn't shown is an ability to put a string of good games together.  Plus, dd you see how Roddy White dropped easy balls?  The Falcons still have no legitimate WR's. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #28 : August 28, 2007, 01:11:46 PM »

I'll say it again, the loss of Vick is the type of event that will force the Falcons, to a man, to elevate the level of their play. With no expectations heaped on them, the added benefit of the "nothing to lose" mentality makes this a very dangerous team if someone takes them lightly, even with Joey H. The new coaching staff also brings that "Ground Zero" type starting-over point.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #29 : August 28, 2007, 01:16:37 PM »

Are you guys kidding?  All of this off of one preseason game?  I live in Atlanta and not even Atlanta fans are optimistic as you are...White dropped another pass last night...Jenkins is very inconsistent...Jennings is an interesting player and Laurent Robinson is pretty decent.  This  is one preseason game...Did you guys watch them the week before against Buffalo?  Two turnovers on the first three drives by the first team...They have major issues on defense in coverage and against the run...and they still don't have Coleman back...Last night was Anderson's best night but he is playing on the left side and has been pretty ordinary the first two games...As I said a week ago, their best pickup this offseason was the fullback and their pass protection is a little better...but I still don't expect much from them this year.  If Abraham gets hurt again(which is likely, looking at his career), that defense is in huge trouble.

It's hard to be objective about the falcons with so many determined to denigrate the buccs and their puny, insignificant efforts to date.  (Sarcasm is intended)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should We Be Cautious About Harrington? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools