Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stupidity in the mainstream media « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 28, 2007, 04:06:27 PM

The 8 men up is a crock anyways. People act like PIT never sees 8 up. LT never sees 8 up .....or LJ. Emmitt and Barry never ran into 8 man fronts. Running into 7 man fronts is a luxury but if you are a running team you have to run when teams expect you to run, otherwise you are the Panthers.

I'm not sure I totally got the end there but I laughed anyway.

Welp... *looks around* Hmmm... looks like to good quit'n time.   

LSU and Loiserville Thursday!  (not against each other)

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 28, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

A big question for me is if the line goes run action on these dump offs and screens and short passes to the RB.  I have no issue replacing some of the running with such plays, but if the oline is still aways in pass block mode then it doesn't help them as much.

Honestly, I'd rather Hear Garcia ramble on for half a minute calling the play only to make a simple turn and hand the ball off the caddy.

Shoot, I haven't passed judegment on caddy. It would be nice to know if he's really any good.

I'm to the point where I'd cheer if the O went three and out so long as all three were running plays.  If they're going to go three and out anyway (which was so oft the result) it's many times better to go three runs and out.

What is a screen?  We havent seen one run in Tampa since Clyde was here and he rans his favorite play to Stecker.  I'm not sure Gruden knows what a screen is. 

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#17 : August 28, 2007, 04:14:08 PM

tryin to stir somethin up like the rest of them. dont buy into it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 28, 2007, 04:54:29 PM

I would like to see more running the ball - and I think we will. Having agreed with the idea of more running the ball - the 8-11 men in the box is typical hyperbole that shouldn't be endorsed. This year the buccs are starting with a qb - it will make a difference. And perhaps an oline - that will make a difference as well - just sayin' Rowdie.

The 8 men up is a crock anyways. People act like PIT never sees 8 up. LT never sees 8 up .....or LJ. Emmitt and Barry never ran into 8 man fronts. Running into 7 man fronts is a luxury but if you are a running team you have to run when teams expect you to run, otherwise you are the Panthers.

Yep, it is a crock - when the eight show up at least one is ready to break out and pass defend, esp the Steelers who I grew up with.  Now if there is no pass threat the seven is a pia, and the eight is worse.  There always has to be some threat of a pass.  The 9-11 is even a bigger crock.  So we agree.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#19 : August 28, 2007, 05:04:41 PM

I would like to see more running the ball - and I think we will. Having agreed with the idea of more running the ball - the 8-11 men in the box is typical hyperbole that shouldn't be endorsed. This year the buccs are starting with a qb - it will make a difference. And perhaps an oline - that will make a difference as well - just sayin' Rowdie.

I'm pretty sure PIT, LT, LJ, Emmitt, and Barry all had at least a decent o-line and someone a little better than a 6th round rookie quarterback running their offense.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stupidity in the mainstream media « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools