Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morten Anderson Speaks Out on Vick - pft « previous next »
Page: 1

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

: August 28, 2007, 02:34:31 PM

FORMER TEAMMATE MORTEN ANDERSEN "DISAPPOINTED IN VICK" by Michael David Smith

Former Saints, Falcons, Giants, Chiefs, Vikings, and Falcons (again) kicker Morten Andersen isn't just the NFL's all-time leading scorer.  He's also a blogger in his native Denmark.

And PFT just happens to have a reader who was kind enough to translate the blog post that Andersen wrote yesterday about Michael Vick. Under the headline, "I am so disappointed in Vick," Andersen, who played with Vick in Atlanta last year and isn't expected to sign with any team this year, writes the following (which, after being translated by our reader, was edited for clarity by yours truly):

I chose for a long time to shut up, when the media would ask me about religion, politics and sexual orientation.  With animal cruelty it is different.

I am so disappointed and shocked by the lifestyle of my former teammate Michael Vick.

He was quiet and polite in the locker room and always addressed me with respect.  I had a good relationship with Michael and felt I had a decent notion of who he was and what he stood for.

What makes this so shocking is that most of the team didn't have any idea what was going on with Michael outside of football.

He was also reserved and difficult to get close to, but that was probably caused by his popular status on the team, and that he simply had to keep distance to be allowed to breathe.

That's completely OK.  We all need to have our private lives outside the limelight and away from the public eye.

But when your actions outside the football field involves organized dog fighting followed by execution of dogs, then you lose that right.

Michael Vick has had a different upbringing than I, no doubt about that.  It hasn't always been easy for him.  Because of his amazing abilities on the football field, he has managed to create a privileged life for himself and his family.  It is all crumbling now, and for what?  Because he chose to stay truthful to his old friends and involve himself in something as sick as animal cruelty.

Get yourself together, Michael, and to all your so-called friends, who now have thrown you under the bus, what were you thinking and how are you guys sleeping at night?

I hope that Michael will look deep into his soul and find a way out of this dark hole he currently is located in.

Best Kicks

Morten

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 28, 2007, 02:45:30 PM

and to all your so-called friends, who now have thrown you under the bus, what were you thinking and how are you guys sleeping at night?

I'm sure they were thinking that their butts wouldn't be sore if they avoided sleeping in a jail cell.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 28, 2007, 03:11:40 PM

Michael Vick is an idiot.  For a guy that had 130 million coming his way...and to throw it all away because he was gambling chump change is stupid.  He deserves to lose it all and shouldn't be aloud back.

The guy should also be stripped of the right to vote.  Let's see I am a multi-millionaire....but hey let me bet 1000 dollars on milkbone to beat porkchop......

I wouldn't rule out a vasectomy either.  This guy shouldn't be aloud to reproduce....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 28, 2007, 03:22:53 PM

That's a bit much.

Did he plead to a felony? If so, he can't vote until he gets his voting privileges back, some time
in the future.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 28, 2007, 03:30:16 PM

ufojoe55, i know its a bit much....

but I just can't believe an individual can be this idiotic....

There's no reason a millionare should risk throwing everything away and doing an illegal act such as dog fighting.  Also, the fact that this dude probably had a smile on his fast while killing these underachieving dogs makes me sick.

I'm not saying the guy should be in jail for the rest of his life, but he certainly shouldn't be given an oppurtunity to make millions again.  He had that shot and threw it away.  The guy is a low-life and how anyone can back him is ridicilous.

Some of the Falcon Fans wearing Vick Jerseys last night made me sick.

I also get annoyed with people that want to make it a race issue.  The guy commited a crime, if Peyton Manning or let's name a cocasion more on Vick's level, Tony Romo did the same act, they would be convicted as well.  The thing is, they aren't that stupid to throw away millions for the possibility of making thousands....

Do you think McNabb, Young, McNair, or Culpepper would do something this dumb?  No.  They aren't low-lifes like Vick...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 28, 2007, 04:21:02 PM

I'm not saying the guy should be in jail for the rest of his life, but he certainly shouldn't be given an oppurtunity to make millions again.  He had that shot and threw it away.  The guy is a low-life and how anyone can back him is ridicilous.

The NFL can ban him for life and sponsors can avoid him forever but, nobody can stop him from
starting his own business when he gets out of jail. Or making millions in other, legal ways.

let's name a cocasion more on Vick's level, Tony Romo did the same act, they would be convicted as well. 

Is that an Asian that does coke?

You should use Firefox when posting on this site. The spell check makes me look smarter
than I am.

LtFox

Starter

#6 : August 28, 2007, 04:34:35 PM

Another Vick thread...GGRREEAATT!!! By the way, who gives a rat's ass what Morten Anderson thinks. I know I don't.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morten Anderson Speaks Out on Vick - pft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools