Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This defense is OVAH « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #15 : November 05, 2006, 04:30:01 PM »

I know what can be done:  Start Winborn in Brooks stead, start Ruud, and let Brooks play SLB.

Bench Spires, and put in White.  It is bound to happen next year anyway, get White his reps.

Could they possibly be keeing White on the bench to keep his FA value lower?  Who knows.  They should just go ahead and sign him to the extension now.

I agree.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #16 : November 05, 2006, 04:30:21 PM »

Folks, I'm sad to say the worst is yet to come I think. 

1) Not many Rooks or FA's have played well in this defense their first year. Next year could be very rough.
2) But even bigger, does Kiffen want to start over? I know he loves what he's doing, but how much of that is love for his long time players? Will Kiffen and Brooks buy a boat and sail off into retirement together?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #17 : November 05, 2006, 04:31:53 PM »

I think the 4 #1's and 3 #2's lost are finally really coming home to roost.

McKay's awful decisions (2 #1's for Keyshawn? Is there anyone in the league today who would command that? - Trading a 2nd rounder to move up to pick up Kenyatta) and the ransom paid for Gruden were too much.

There's just no depth on defense. We need to draft just about all defense next year.

Exactly, that is what I have been saying. Finally it has caught up to us and we have a crapy OL, our defense hasn't been reloaded with youthful talent, we have no QB, the franchise is a mess. Can we turn it around, yes but we have got to be aggressive in FA and in the draft.

No franchise can miss 4 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders and maintain over this stretch. No matter how you cut it out you are missing some serious talent of guys that would be in their prime, that is what we are missing.

Baghead #2

« #18 : November 05, 2006, 04:37:50 PM »

I think the 4 #1's and 3 #2's lost are finally really coming home to roost.

McKay's awful decisions (2 #1's for Keyshawn? Is there anyone in the league today who would command that? - Trading a 2nd rounder to move up to pick up Kenyatta) and the ransom paid for Gruden were too much.

There's just no depth on defense. We need to draft just about all defense next year.

Well, there is certainly no need for crying over lost picks at this point and time now if you ask me.  Blaming GM's never seemed to amount to much around here and certainly doesn't now.

No excuses can be made for a team not playing with heart.  Perhaps complete overhaul of this defense is in order?  Does the scheme need to be changed?  Coaching? Play calling?  IMO nothing is sacred at this point in the season, and everyone on this team deserves the record that it has.

« #19 : November 05, 2006, 04:43:05 PM »

Folks, I'm sad to say the worst is yet to come I think.

1) Not many Rooks or FA's have played well in this defense their first year. Next year could be very rough.
2) But even bigger, does Kiffen want to start over? I know he loves what he's doing, but how much of that is love for his long time players? Will Kiffen and Brooks buy a boat and sail off into retirement together?

That is what I've heard as well, but then I also heard the same to be said about a rookie QB not doing well in Gruden's WCO?  Why do I suggest this? Because it would sure seem that Lovie Smith has found to some degree success in rookie and veteran players fairly quickly.  Gruden out of sheer need put a rookie under center, and that rookie has so far shown better ability to protect the football better then the one that understudied for damn near 3 years.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #20 : November 05, 2006, 04:44:39 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Monte hung it up after this season.  The Bucs need a young dynamic, energetic DC to turn this around.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #21 : November 05, 2006, 04:51:52 PM »

IMO, the future of this D is Dewayne White.  He needs to start, NOW.  Get Spires the **CENSORED** out, and let's see some White.  That guy is the only playmaker (besides Barber) that we have on this D.  And this is coming from a guy who loves and will stick up for DB all day long, but come on!

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

« #22 : November 05, 2006, 04:55:46 PM »

Another game without a turnover and very little pressure on Brees,  Torriw Cox had about the easiest pick he will ever see bounce right off his chest.  The defense looks very old and vulnerable and we need an infusion of quality youth ASAP

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #23 : November 05, 2006, 04:57:52 PM »

I think the sun has set on Monte.  The absense of Marinelli and Tomlin has exposed him somewhat.

He deserves the accolades he has achieved but I think we need youth at the DC position too.  Someone who is a motivator which I do not think Monte is at all.

Warhorse

Second String

« #24 : November 05, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

It's not good.

A combination of:
 1. losing Marinelli and Tomlin....no way to replace those guys,
 2. aging defense,
 3. an offense that consistently goes 3 and out.

BUCS47

Rookie

« #25 : November 08, 2006, 06:01:13 PM »

At least you guys are being resonable. You all make great points about this colapse. I was over on the Buccaneer.com board and all they want to do is fire Gruden! Not the answer in my opinion. Defense's age is just catching up with them and lack of draft picks over the years. Plus a 6th rnd rookie QB doesn't help. It will get better.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #26 : November 08, 2006, 11:43:39 PM »

It's not good.

A combination of:
 1. losing Marinelli and Tomlin....no way to replace those guys,
 2. aging defense,
 3. an offense that consistently goes 3 and out.

Tomlin was a minor footnote.  Rod was the key.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

« #27 : November 09, 2006, 03:12:13 AM »

I think the sun has set on Monte.  The absense of Marinelli and Tomlin has exposed him somewhat.

He deserves the accolades he has achieved but I think we need youth at the DC position too.  Someone who is a motivator which I do not think Monte is at all.

Isn't Gruden supposed to be a good "motivator" coach? That hasn't helped him a ton. Motivation is overrated IMO, talent and players at key positions who are under 33, 34, 35 would be a step in the right direction, no?
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This defense is OVAH « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools