Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton on the Trading Block? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucsRule80

Starter

« #15 : August 28, 2007, 09:47:30 PM »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801e8671&template=with-video&confirm=true
According to that link, it says that Chambers will likely be starting for the Dolphins on opening the day and Clayton will likely be starting for the Bucs on opening day.

Bummer

Yea, I was really suprised when I saw the Dolphins wanted to trade Chambers. He is a really good WR and the Dolphins don't have any good WR's.

BucsRule80

Starter

« #16 : August 28, 2007, 09:49:54 PM »

lol, why do you hate Clayton so much?

I don't hate the guy.   I do think the money went to his head though.   How else can you explain him having such great success his first season, then after he's had an offseason with some money, he is never the same again.   

Well, in his 1st season he was really the only target the Bucs had, so he was getting the ball thrown to him a lot. He seems like a hard worker and from what I have heard he has been staying after practice with Stovall working on catching.

Max Power

Starter

« #17 : August 28, 2007, 10:15:23 PM »

To be fair Claytons forte' is the inside slant and other quick hitting short routes that he can produce yards after the catch with. Those kinds of routes are staples of the WCO but Simms and Gradkowski both struggle with those kinds of throws.

When you consider that Clayton was injured or slowed down due to injury in his second season you can see why the last 2 years for him have been subpar. Now with Garcia at QB we have a chance this year to see if he is the real deal or not.

I really dont think theres any chance Clayton gets cut this year, but with him healthy and Garcia under center he will have no excuses for underperforming this year. I don't expect pro bowl numbers for Clayton or any 1 reciever in this offense as it spreads the ball around too much for that but I do expect production when the ball does come his way.

« #18 : August 28, 2007, 10:25:50 PM »

I'd like to have Chambers if we can trade straight up.

I'll jump all over that.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

« #19 : August 28, 2007, 10:32:15 PM »

Chambers drops more balls than Clayton does.  Last year Chambers only caught 39% of the balls thrown his way, out of 153 passes!  Even as bad as Clayton appeared, he still caught 51% of the passes thrown to him.  Throw 153 his way, and that's a 76 catch season.

I understand the fans who are fed up with Clayton and don't think he needs anymore chances, but jesus, let's not lose our heads and make the team worse just because we don't like a guy.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #20 : August 28, 2007, 10:33:03 PM »

To be fair Claytons forte' is the inside slant and other quick hitting short routes that he can produce yards after the catch with. Those kinds of routes are staples of the WCO but Simms and Gradkowski both struggle with those kinds of throws.

Grads struggles with short routes?  Better cut him then, because he sure as hell can't hit the long ones.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 28, 2007, 10:36:41 PM »

Chambers drops more balls than Clayton does. Last year Chambers only caught 39% of the balls thrown his way, out of 153 passes! Even as bad as Clayton appeared, he still caught 51% of the passes thrown to him. Throw 153 his way, and that's a 76 catch season.

I understand the fans who are fed up with Clayton and don't think he needs anymore chances, but jesus, let's not lose our heads and make the team worse just because we don't like a guy.

Galloway drops more balls than Clayton, too.  Difference is he can make something happen when he does get the ball.  Chambers might have trouble with drops, but at least he's a playmaker.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #22 : August 28, 2007, 10:41:26 PM »

CHAMBERS FOR SIMMS, CLAYTON would not bother me at all.

I hear it is FREEZING in Florida, thus the need for fur coats in Florida...

What a loser.

Max Power

Starter

« #23 : August 28, 2007, 10:56:41 PM »

Grads struggles with short routes?  Better cut him then, because he sure as hell can't hit the long ones.

He definately struggled with his accuracy and timing on the inside short routes last year in regular season. And you're right he doesnt have the arm for the outside stuff or the deep throws. And I agree we should cut him.

I don't think every QB needs a rocket arm but Gradkowski just doesnt have the arm strength to be a starter at this level.

Max Power

Starter

« #24 : August 28, 2007, 11:01:50 PM »

Sorry to double post but I didnt intend to say we should cut Grads now. He's fine for a backup and is a better option then Simms right now.

Also I noticed Adam Schefter and PFT are the source of these rumors which means they are probably 100% false and the result of trolling team message boards for their info.

PoorRichard

Starter

« #25 : August 28, 2007, 11:10:10 PM »

I don't see how a FO struggling for credibility can cut the 15th overall pick from 3 years ago...especially after bringing in Garcia.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #26 : August 28, 2007, 11:36:43 PM »

Here is a trade option:

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Mewelde Moore-RB- Vikings Aug. 28 - 11:15 pm et

Mewelde Moore worked as the Vikings' fourth-string tailback in the team's third exhibition game, behind Artose Pinner.

The Vikings have been reported to be showcasing Moore for a trade, but he also may be cut once camp is over. He could contribute as a third-down back and returner for a team like Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, or Cleveland.
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune 

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #27 : August 28, 2007, 11:42:08 PM »

Sorry to double post but I didnt intend to say we should cut Grads now. He's fine for a backup and is a better option then Simms right now.

Also I noticed Adam Schefter and PFT are the source of these rumors which means they are probably 100% false and the result of trolling team message boards for their info.

Actually PFT is typically in the know more than any other media outlet. Hell, I knew about Mike Vick a month before ESPN began covering it because I read PFT. People love to bash it, but most of the content on there come from newspaper articles around the country.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #28 : August 28, 2007, 11:44:01 PM »

Actually PFT is typically in the know more than any other media outlet. Hell, I knew about Mike Vick a month before ESPN began covering it because I read PFT. People love to bash it, but most of the content on there come from newspaper articles around the country.

Problem with PFT is that the Vick story is the one they got right.....the only one. The talk about the Bucs seems to be almost complete rumor and they've used Steve Deumig as a source on more than a few occasions.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #29 : August 28, 2007, 11:44:46 PM »

I hear it is FREEZING in Florida, thus the need for fur coats in Florida...

What a loser.

LOL!   Too funny.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton on the Trading Block? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools