Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton on the Trading Block? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

STRICK-9

Starter

« #30 : August 28, 2007, 11:47:42 PM »

Sorry to double post but I didnt intend to say we should cut Grads now. He's fine for a backup and is a better option then Simms right now.

Also I noticed Adam Schefter and PFT are the source of these rumors which means they are probably 100% false and the result of trolling team message boards for their info.

Actually PFT is typically in the know more than any other media outlet. Hell, I knew about Mike Vick a month before ESPN began covering it because I read PFT. People love to bash it, but most of the content on there come from newspaper articles around the country.

I second that.....I can't think of the last time they were inaccurate on their postings....and if they are, they correct it immediately and apologize.  The guy is becoming very credible and his sources throughout the league are growing.

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #31 : August 28, 2007, 11:50:22 PM »

Sorry to double post but I didnt intend to say we should cut Grads now. He's fine for a backup and is a better option then Simms right now.

Also I noticed Adam Schefter and PFT are the source of these rumors which means they are probably 100% false and the result of trolling team message boards for their info.

Actually PFT is typically in the know more than any other media outlet. Hell, I knew about Mike Vick a month before ESPN began covering it because I read PFT. People love to bash it, but most of the content on there come from newspaper articles around the country.

Problem with PFT is that the Vick story is the one they got right.....the only one. The talk about the Bucs seems to be almost complete rumor and they've used Steve Deumig as a source on more than a few occasions.

Hardly....they were on top of the Trent Green fiasco in KC, the Daunte Culpepper fiasco in Miami, they reported the Mike Vick bottle incident before anyone else. They were on top of the Lance Briggs situation with the Bears.

I will never say they are 100% accurate, they certainly throw a lot of stuff on the wall and hopes some of sticks, but I can guarantee they will typically have info before the mainstream news does and that they are respected by officials in the NFL.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #32 : August 28, 2007, 11:57:32 PM »

Hardly....they were on top of the Trent Green fiasco in KC, the Daunte Culpepper fiasco in Miami, they reported the Mike Vick bottle incident before anyone else. They were on top of the Lance Briggs situation with the Bears.

I will never say they are 100% accurate, they certainly throw a lot of stuff on the wall and hopes some of sticks, but I can guarantee they will typically have info before the mainstream news does and that they are respected by officials in the NFL.

So Duemig is the only source that's killing their credibility?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #33 : August 29, 2007, 12:00:38 AM »

They quoted Duemig reporting Simeon Rice's release, not exactly a bad report....

« #34 : August 29, 2007, 12:01:52 AM »

lol, why do you hate Clayton so much?

I don't hate the guy.   I do think the money went to his head though.   How else can you explain him having such great success his first season, then after he's had an offseason with some money, he is never the same again.   

Yup, that's the problem right there.

« #35 : August 29, 2007, 12:04:44 AM »

Problem with PFT is that the Vick story is the one they got right.....the only one. The talk about the Bucs seems to be almost complete rumor and they've used Steve Deumig as a source on more than a few occasions.

That is B.S.

They posted the "Love Boat" scandal long before epsn as well as the Reggie Bush mess.

And they use PR as a source even more!!!!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #36 : August 29, 2007, 12:08:59 AM »

It's a rumor site. They're never going to always get everything right.

Why can't people accept it for what it is? Not to mention; they're getting a lot of things right nowadays.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #37 : August 29, 2007, 12:13:12 AM »

What is so hard to get here?

Clayton absolutely sucks.  He can't catch, can't run, is always getting hurt, is not productive.

But heck, he can run block!

Wooo boy!  He CAN RUN BLOCK!

Cut him, trade him, whatever.  The kid is not a very good wide receiver, he is actually a subpar one.

Let him buy fur coats in Green Bay.  He might need them there...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #38 : August 29, 2007, 12:25:43 AM »

Anyone with a bag of magic beans might be able to get Clayton. I mean we need a second WR and we don't want him.

Heck, we need a second WR and what if Clayton was on some other team, what would you trade to get him?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

« #39 : August 29, 2007, 12:30:35 AM »

Pimpin' ain't easy

Yeah... it is... you must be like 12 or something.

« #40 : August 29, 2007, 12:32:03 AM »

lol, why do you hate Clayton so much?

I don't hate the guy.   I do think the money went to his head though.   How else can you explain him having such great success his first season, then after he's had an offseason with some money, he is never the same again.   
Exactly what happened.  He cares about the CASH not the GAME... saw it the night I met him for an autograph 2 years ago... or was it 3?

Max Power

Starter

« #41 : August 29, 2007, 12:54:17 AM »

Â Well my apologies to PFT. I guess it's been a long time since I've even bothered to read their website because I just did and they do seem to be posting more fact then fiction nowadays. In my own defense it wasn't always that way.

Â Still I disagree that we will be letting Clayton go this year. He gets this year to prove himself with a decent QB. Year 1 - spectacular, Year 2 - injured, Year 3 - Simms/Gradkowski

Â I think we will keep 6 WR's
 Â Galloway
 Â Boston
 Â Hilliard
 Â Stovall
 Â Clayton
 Â Jones

Â I wish we could just have Buchanon return punts and keep Warren or just keep 7 but I dont think thats going to happen.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #42 : August 29, 2007, 01:08:18 AM »

First or all forget any idea of a Chambers for Clayton trade. Why would any team trade a WR for another Wr? Trades at this point are for filling holes and if you can afford to trade away a WR then either 1. he stinks. or 2. you have plenty of WRs but have greater needs at other positions. Either way a WR for WR trade doesn't make sense, in March yes but not in Aug. (in March a cap unfriendly WR for a problem child WR with a "from this point foward he has a lower cap value" makes sense since atleast the possiblility of the new teams reworking contracts exists. See Galloway for Keyshawn which was a win-win for both teams.)

No at this point any trade is going to be centered around injuries or weakness at one postition and a trade-able but not neccessary player at another position.

Given all the above we need a DT but so do most other teams. DTs are in hot demand right now with a very limited supply.  So I don't expect to see much there.  We also could use depth at LT but those are as hard to find as good QBs.

So given our needs at LT, DT, WR, and a young veteran QB, our best hope is a draft pick.

He might be worth a 4th, since there might be a greater fool.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #43 : August 29, 2007, 05:42:56 AM »

See Galloway for Keyshawn which was a win-win for both teams.

If we didn't win that trade, then I don't know of a trade in history where one team didn't win a trade over the other team.   We got the better of that deal BY FAR.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #44 : August 29, 2007, 08:41:02 AM »

PFT says that Clayton is not on the trading block according to the team.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton on the Trading Block? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools