Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zematis vs. Cox « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: November 07, 2006, 02:07:47 PM

No Corner w/o 4.3 speed can man up against Devery Henderson 1 on 1 unless he gets a bump... Cox did not get a bump. If you let a player like that get off the line w/o being bumped, he WILL beat you 1 on 1...

Well if you are playing a deep 1/3rd or 1/4, you don't play up, you give the cushion. If you are a CB and you now you don't have safety help, you don't get beat deep, if you have any field awarness, cox doesn't...

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 07, 2006, 12:17:05 PM

Is Zematis out or injured???

I just don't know why you would continue to let cox go out and become crispy every game because he continuously toasted.

Put in Zematis, we are 2-6 and going no where and Cox is an idiot off the field and can't play on the field...

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 07, 2006, 12:23:23 PM

Cox did nothing wrong in the game from what I have seen.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 07, 2006, 12:24:34 PM

I just don't know why you would continue to let cox go out and become crispy every game because he continuously toasted.

Put in Zematis, we are 2-6 and going no where and Cox is an idiot off the field and can't play on the field...

Try listening to the Gruden show on WDAE, he covered this subject.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 07, 2006, 12:24:58 PM

Are you serious?

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 07, 2006, 12:25:52 PM

Try listening to the Gruden show on WDAE, he covered this subject.

Is it on a website or what? I would like to listen to him but I live in Louisville, ky.

What did he say?

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 07, 2006, 12:27:17 PM

Are you serious?

I think ADW is correct.  When the D-line doesn't get pressure and receivers get time, they will get open.  No CB of safety can contain receivers for much more than 3 or 4 seconds on a regular basis.  I have seen Ronde and Kelly get burned on several occasions when there was no pass rush.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 07, 2006, 12:30:18 PM

Really? The fade route Henderson ran on cox took about 2 secs to throw and there was about a 5 yard seperation...

Wasn't like he checked off. Saw the safeties and saw the fade, threw the fade...

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 07, 2006, 12:30:25 PM

Is it on a website or what? I would like to listen to him but I live in Louisville, ky.

What did he say?

WDAE do broadcast on-line as well.  

Gruden was asked about maybe playing some of the young guys like Zemaitis.  He said that Zem isn't ready just yet, and they will review it on a week-by-week basis.  You have to remember that Ronde and Kelly took time to learn Monty's system.  CB is the last postion you can play straight from college in this D.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 07, 2006, 12:31:55 PM

Really? The fade route Henderson ran on cox took about 2 secs to throw and there was about a 5 yard seperation...

Every offensive play in the NFL can be blamed on a defensive breakdown or player.  If it was any other way all games would finish 0-0.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 07, 2006, 12:32:13 PM

What did he say?

WDAE do broadcast on-line as well.  

Gruden was asked about maybe playing some of the young guys like Zemaitis.  He said that Zem isn't ready just yet, and they will review it on a week-by-week basis.  You have to remember that Ronde and Kelly took time to learn Monty's system.  CB is the last postion you can play straight from college in this D.

Thanks I'll check it out!

Baghead #2

wtmcgee

Starter

#11 : November 07, 2006, 12:33:01 PM

Most of the Bucs' radio shows can be downloaded on Bucccaneers.com as well.  I know the gruden show, barber, brooks, galloway and bucs total access shows, along with some of the press conferences are on there most of the time.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 07, 2006, 12:36:21 PM

Every offensive play in the NFL can be blamed on a defensive breakdown or player. If it was any other way all games would finish 0-0.

Or maybe the saints called a pattern on a guy they thought they could beat...

Baghead #2

psymun

Starter
#13 : November 07, 2006, 12:53:13 PM

No Corner w/o 4.3 speed can man up against Devery Henderson 1 on 1 unless he gets a bump... Cox did not get a bump. If you let a player like that get off the line w/o being bumped, he WILL beat you 1 on 1...

creekchub00

Starter

#14 : November 07, 2006, 01:24:04 PM

Zemaitis was talked very high of when we drafted him. A great fit for the system if I recall. I do think at 2-6 you need to start planning for next year. I think Zemaitis is our future at one of the CB positions and I think he deserves playing time at this point considering the playoffs are a distant possibility. Gruden and Kiffen must really see somthing the kid is lacking if he isn't at least active next week.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zematis vs. Cox « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools