Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fab 5 Comments « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#75 : October 04, 2007, 01:38:26 PM

By the way, it appeared that during the Seahawks game we were trying to take the pass first, pass all the time approach. It appears now that since it didn't work and actually looked really bad we have flipped to the run first approach which has looked good.  Anyone think Gruden will take the pass happy, pass first, don't stop passing approach this week vs Indy? I hope he runs it to take time off the clock and uses the dink and dunk over the middle to work on their cover 2.

God, you are an idiot.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#76 : October 04, 2007, 02:00:27 PM

By the way, it appeared that during the Seahawks game we were trying to take the pass first, pass all the time approach.

Run/Pass differential was 23/31 with all of the differential coming in the last two Bucs drives when they were down two scores with under 8 mins left in the game.

Furthermore, the first 17 plays were eight runs and nine passes.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#77 : October 04, 2007, 02:07:48 PM

Does anybody think it would have been a good idea to go after Leonard Davis now?

Given that he's playing guard for them, it's definitely not an unqualified "yes".  Admittedly, even if we assume he would only be able to play guard for this team, it's conceivable that he would have freed up our second round pick for another position.  At the same time though, Sears is playing quite well.  I can't get terribly upset about this.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#78 : October 04, 2007, 03:02:53 PM

Does anybody think it would have been a good idea to go after Leonard Davis now? We say that Allen did such a great job here with the cap but after looking at Dallas with all those stars it kinda makes you wonder how they were able to go out and pay Leonard Davis this offseason. Yet we couldn't even think about paying him. Right now we'd be sitting really pretty with him at Tackle or Guard. I bet he doesn't get his a$$ stomped into the ground on goal line running plays.

The reason I brought back this thread is because you accused me of calling the PR staff liars yet nowhere in this thread did I do anything like that. We had respectful back and forth discussions on the Bucs. I think you owe me an apology. You know who you are.

No to Davis - he is an average guard and way overpaid.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

clintro

Pro Bowler
#79 : October 04, 2007, 03:38:21 PM

By the way, it appeared that during the Seahawks game we were trying to take the pass first, pass all the time approach. It appears now that since it didn't work and actually looked really bad we have flipped to the run first approach which has looked good.  Anyone think Gruden will take the pass happy, pass first, don't stop passing approach this week vs Indy? I hope he runs it to take time off the clock and uses the dink and dunk over the middle to work on their cover 2.

Gruden will run first to open up the passing game.  Bucs Win.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fab 5 Comments « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools