Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get Better Soon Paris. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#15 : August 30, 2007, 11:27:29 PM

Uhoh.. Man I dont know if I want to watch the replay of the game tomorrow night...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 30, 2007, 11:34:27 PM

Not to disagree with Mean Gene but, I remember when Theisman went down with his compund fracture...Joe went into complete shock and was incoherent for sometime. Paris looked calm. I was thinking he might have dislocated his knee.
Different people react differently to different stimuli.  And it was blatantly obvious to LT what he did to Theisman, as he was the first one panicking after he crushed Theisman...

I think it speaks volumes about Paris as a man.  Compound fracture or not, he played like a stud versus chumps, but a stud nonetheless.  That is what good football players do to chumps.  They own them, and Paris owned the dirty Texans tonight. 

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 30, 2007, 11:41:54 PM

I DVR'd the game so I haven't seen it yet - just now 24-14 with 4 minutes left in 2 nd quarter - at what point in the game does this happen? Was it on a play across the middle? He seemed to be doing a lot of that tonight.

That's terrible. Paris was really making some moves this game showing what he had in the red zone, went deep and was handling blocking assignments.

I was really, genuinely impressed, didn't think this guy was anything more than a better version of Larry Brackens...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 30, 2007, 11:43:21 PM

Paris has been a warrior all pre-season and really made huge strides.  I glanced at the foot.  It looked llike his left foot was turned way right...it makes you sick to your stomach.  I don't knowhow he managed to sit up etc unless they gave him a shot right away.  That was really something to see the whole team immediately goto him on the field so spontaneously.  This seems like a special team this year in terms of the guys working together.

Pars, so sorry man.  Heal soon.  Come back strong next year!!!!

Footballer

Rookie

#19 : August 31, 2007, 10:35:03 PM

It is on the TBBBB on the video link section...Highlights of BUcs/Texans.

But don't expect to see the injury, nor should you want to watch it.  You'll just see him make the TD happen, and the dback falling on him.

It still sucks to think he went through all that performance in the preseason, and then for it all to be wiped out in a blink.  Man...

I wish him a great rehab, a quick recovery.  But I think this injury might have finalized his shot at making it, and that sucks. 

Yeah I'm looking for video that shows the TD and the injury.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 30, 2007, 11:45:24 PM

I DVR'd the game so I haven't seen it yet - just now 24-14 with 4 minutes left in 2 nd quarter - at what point in the game does this happen? Was it on a play across the middle? He seemed to be doing a lot of that tonight.

That's terrible. Paris was really making some moves this game showing what he had in the red zone, went deep and was handling blocking assignments.

I was really, genuinely impressed, didn't think this guy was anything more than a better version of Larry Brackens...
Bsquared, first off, it is B-R-A-C-K-I-N-S.  NEVER denigrate the name, never besmirch the greatness, that is called Larry.  (JK! JK! JK!)

And yes, it does suck.  It sucks because this kind of thing hurts the team, hurts the player who was improving exponentially.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#21 : August 30, 2007, 11:53:15 PM

Get well soon Paris.

Max Power

Starter

#22 : August 30, 2007, 11:57:01 PM

It happens on an underthrown pass from Gradkowski with a little more then 3 minutes left. How Gradkowski can underthrow a guy 20 yards away is beyond me.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 31, 2007, 12:16:55 AM

No one knows how bad it is yet, right? It did look bad though.
Its bad!  When a guys foot is offset at 90 degrees from his leg, it is never good.

Remember when tight end Jerry Bell had that happen to his foot in a game years ago?   His foot was about 180 degrees, it was a disgusting sight.   He came back from that.   Not that season though.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#24 : August 31, 2007, 12:20:56 AM

This is really sad. He was going to make the roster and looked like the guy who was showing the most out there. Go figure.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 31, 2007, 12:21:37 AM

It happens on an underthrown pass from Gradkowski with a little more then 3 minutes left. How Gradkowski can underthrow a guy 20 yards away is beyond me.

You know - I almost asked if Gradkowski was involved....He has been consistent in underthrowing receivers right in front of him. Too bad for Paris.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 31, 2007, 12:34:58 AM

Get well Paris!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 31, 2007, 12:53:10 AM

That really sucks to go on the IR with such a great preseason.  At least he went out in a blaze of glory...

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 31, 2007, 01:35:34 AM

Stop blaming Gradkowski. I don't like him but it wasn't his fault. It was a freak accident. All the best to Paris. He really had a hell of a preseason and I hope he can come back strong from this injury.

On the same note as the Theisman comment, I knew this was bad when I saw the player standing over him and then he looked up and started motioning pretty frantically to the sideline to get help now. IMO they gave him a shot right away.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Dominico

Starter

#29 : August 31, 2007, 01:51:26 AM

Paris is my favortie type of player, and underdog bluecollar guy who just goes out and gives it his all. I have been to two Bucs games and he has always signed autographs, and he seems like a nice young man. Good Luck Paris!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get Better Soon Paris. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools