Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get Better Soon Paris. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 31, 2007, 02:02:27 AM

I DVR'd the game so I haven't seen it yet - just now 24-14 with 4 minutes left in 2 nd quarter - at what point in the game does this happen? Was it on a play across the middle? He seemed to be doing a lot of that tonight.

That's terrible. Paris was really making some moves this game showing what he had in the red zone, went deep and was handling blocking assignments.

I was really, genuinely impressed, didn't think this guy was anything more than a better version of Larry Brackens...
Bsquared, first off, it is B-R-A-C-K-I-N-S.  NEVER denigrate the name, never besmirch the greatness, that is called Larry.  (JK! JK! JK!)

And yes, it does suck.  It sucks because this kind of thing hurts the team, hurts the player who was improving exponentially.

MAAAN G - We don't talk for weeks and then I insult your man and you go straight for the jugular - that's why I love ya Boid! ;D

Sorry for the mispell of the "great one" - don't anyone tell Java I did that.

Seriously, I feel very bad for for the kid AND the team. Jazz won me over tonight and it was obvious that the team was feeding off of his energy tonight and that they bonded with him.

Yeah I was wondering if they gave him a shot for the pain when I didn't see him out cold or writhing in pain. When I didn't see the foot "flop" the first thing I thought was a dislocated knee - and hopefully he didn't tear all the structure...That was Frank Gore-ish straight out of the '02 Fiesta Bowl..

BTW Bornabuc - looks like you'll need a new sig...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 31, 2007, 10:29:04 PM

It is on the TBBBB on the video link section...Highlights of BUcs/Texans.

But don't expect to see the injury, nor should you want to watch it.  You'll just see him make the TD happen, and the dback falling on him.

It still sucks to think he went through all that performance in the preseason, and then for it all to be wiped out in a blink.  Man...

I wish him a great rehab, a quick recovery.  But I think this injury might have finalized his shot at making it, and that sucks. 

Footballer

Rookie

#32 : August 31, 2007, 10:22:48 PM

i'm sure if you go to YouTube and search for Paris Warren - you'll find it.

Nah its not there.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 31, 2007, 08:39:34 AM

I feel absolutely awful for Paris Warren right now. He locked up a roster spot with that game last night and now to have an injury take away a promising season. Feel sick about this. Good luck to him and get better soon.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 31, 2007, 08:42:54 AM

It was really bad luck for Paris.  He was a lock for the 53 man roster and to get a season ending injury that near the end of the 4th preseason game must be devastating.

Didn't Edel Shepherd suffer a bad injury in preseason that kept him off the roster when he was doing well?  Such a bad injury to a bubble player can be really bad for their careers.

Get well soon Paris and come back and win that roster spot next year.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#35 : August 31, 2007, 09:37:44 AM

Paris has been a warrior all pre-season and really made huge strides.  I glanced at the foot.  It looked llike his left foot was turned way right...it makes you sick to your stomach.  I don't knowhow he managed to sit up etc unless they gave him a shot right away.  That was really something to see the whole team immediately goto him on the field so spontaneously.  This seems like a special team this year in terms of the guys working together.

Pars, so sorry man.  Heal soon.  Come back strong next year!!!!

You're correct, LadyFan, regarding seeing all the players go to him on the field. From all I've heard/read he's very well liked by the players and coaches due to his work ethic and attitude. Get well soon, Paris. We'll see you next year.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 31, 2007, 09:44:02 AM

BUMP.  Come back soon, kid, we NEED ya.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 31, 2007, 11:01:35 AM

I DVR'd the game so I haven't seen it yet - just now 24-14 with 4 minutes left in 2 nd quarter - at what point in the game does this happen? Was it on a play across the middle? He seemed to be doing a lot of that tonight.

That's terrible. Paris was really making some moves this game showing what he had in the red zone, went deep and was handling blocking assignments.

I was really, genuinely impressed, didn't think this guy was anything more than a better version of Larry Brackens...
Bsquared, first off, it is B-R-A-C-K-I-N-S.  NEVER denigrate the name, never besmirch the greatness, that is called Larry.  (JK! JK! JK!)

And yes, it does suck.  It sucks because this kind of thing hurts the team, hurts the player who was improving exponentially.
That was Willis McGahee-ish straight out of the '02 Fiesta Bowl..

Fixed it for ya ;)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 31, 2007, 10:11:15 PM

No man - I deleted my DVR of the game and I did NOT rewind. i'm sure if you go to YouTube and search for Paris Warren - you'll find it.

PirateBooty

Starter

#39 : August 31, 2007, 11:42:30 AM

Paris Warren is one hell of a ball player. We all scratched our heads last season when he made the team and David Boston was cut. But after a pre-season like he had this year...you can see what Gruden and Allen saw in him.   

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 31, 2007, 11:49:27 AM

Best hopes for a full and complete recovery Paris.  Will look forward to seeing you in place with the Buccs next year. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 31, 2007, 06:16:55 PM

Bsquared, first off, it is B-R-A-C-K-I-N-S. NEVER denigrate the name, never besmirch the greatness, that is called Larry. (JK! JK! JK!)

And yes, it does suck. It sucks because this kind of thing hurts the team, hurts the player who was improving exponentially.
That was Willis McGahee-ish straight out of the '02 Fiesta Bowl..

Fixed it for ya ;)

Thanks man - Frank Gore didn't sound right - but what would I know/care about Miami football....other than accuracy!

Footballer

Rookie

#42 : August 31, 2007, 07:35:38 PM

Anybody know where I can see video of the ankle twisting touchdown on the internet? I want to show it to someone who missed it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 31, 2007, 10:55:41 PM

It is on the TBBBB on the video link section...Highlights of BUcs/Texans.

But don't expect to see the injury, nor should you want to watch it. You'll just see him make the TD happen, and the dback falling on him.

It still sucks to think he went through all that performance in the preseason, and then for it all to be wiped out in a blink. Man...

I wish him a great rehab, a quick recovery. But I think this injury might have finalized his shot at making it, and that sucks.

Yeah I'm looking for video that show the TD and the injury.
Why would ya?

His ankle got jacked up.  Nuff said.

Just tell "your friend"  that is what happened, and be gratefull you did not see it.

Go youtube Lawrence Taylor destroying Joe Theismans career...

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 31, 2007, 11:24:13 PM

I agree Boid - it's sick...couldn't watch it - there have been more gruesome leg injuries but none to which I had such a personal reaction.

It's wierd because I did not start out the night as a fan of Jazz - he caught my attention, won me over, then BAM - shocking.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get Better Soon Paris. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools