Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: College Football.....Where's the sport? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: August 31, 2007, 06:25:29 AM

(2) LSU 45, Mississippi St. 0

(10) Louisville 73, Murray St. 10

(24) Boise St. 56, Weber St. 7

(16) Rutgers 38, Buffalo 3

Give me NFL games any day.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 31, 2007, 09:10:48 AM

oma, you enjoy watching preseason NFL?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 31, 2007, 09:14:56 AM

More than watching Murray State lose by 63 pts.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 31, 2007, 12:03:44 PM

it seems pretty early to make that argument.  especially when only about 4 of 40 games have been played.  seems similar to watching a pats/browns game and knocking the whole league.  but to each their own.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 31, 2007, 12:39:26 PM

Okay, now I understand - you equate these one-sided games as being the "preseason" for NCAA before the actual competition begins - I didn't know that.  I tried to watch the LSU - Miss game and it was total waste of time.  I wondered why they even played the game.  The top 50 teams should only play against each other all season long - that would be a better league. Padding up your win-loss record by beating Buffalo University is pathetic.   The only time college football is interesting is when top teams play each other. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 31, 2007, 12:50:38 PM

The top 50 teams should only play against each other all season long - that would be a better league. Padding up your win-loss record by beating Buffalo University is pathetic. The only time college football is interesting is when top teams play each other.

You're exactly correct.  I used to be a bigger college football fan than pro but that's changed in recent years -- because of games like UL-Buffalo.

What's the point of those games?  Louisville has NOTHING to gain by playing teams like that.  Its a disgrace.

#6 : August 31, 2007, 05:27:54 PM

They pad their schedules. I think every team in every major conference should be forced to play anotehr team in anotehr major conference every year. Florida scheduling Slippery Rock Falls in Gainsville every year is ridiculous until they can also schedule a game against someone like Miami.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 31, 2007, 05:39:27 PM

dont you mean to say  that every major conference team should be forced to play TWO teams from other major conferences?

Snook

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 01, 2007, 10:27:46 AM

dont you mean to say  that every major conference team should be forced to play TWO teams from other major conferences?

That'd be a GREAT idea.  Why not?

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 01, 2007, 10:49:10 AM

They also need to cut this BCS crap and put in a playoff system. Nothing big just take the top 8 teams and have them duke it out to find out who is the real champion. You wouldn't have a undefeated team sitting in 3rd place being screwed out of a chance to play.

#10 : September 01, 2007, 01:44:28 PM

Gotta give the little guys a chance.  How do you think programs like Boise State, USF and others build their programs?  You play the "big boys" take your lumps and build on it.  Troy is an example now, playing all the big teams and almost pulled off the upset aginst FSU last year.  You think that helps their recruiting?  This year they open with AK and UF. 

Look now, Division 2 App. State is beating Michigan 28-17  at halftime.  Some of you would rather them not get a chance to pull off the impossible. They may not win but they at least get a chance.

T

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 01, 2007, 04:05:44 PM

This is why I believe the NCAA College Football Championship is a joke, it's a mythological championship that has never existed. Teams play uncompetitive schedules and get to ease their way into big time bowl games to earn money for their school. CFB is all about the money, if the NFL teams got to make their schedules like CFB teams do everyone would be scrambling to play the Browns & Raiders the first week. UNtil CFB has a playoff and teams in the BCS conferences are forced to play each other instead of warming up againist Division II schools, you can count me as a major NFL fan, give me competitive games over the joke that CFB is anyday.

#12 : September 01, 2007, 08:33:38 PM

Yeah, you are right T, these Division 2 games are a joke.

Ask Michigan.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 02, 2007, 12:25:59 PM

Appalachian State, the Div. I-AA champ the past two years, beat No. 5 Michigan 34-32 on a late field goal AND a blocked kick.........

I stand corrected.

Oops, what's this?  Oklahoma 79, N. Texas 10?  There ought to be a sympathy rule in CFA.

#14 : September 02, 2007, 03:03:19 PM

Ok buddy.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: College Football.....Where's the sport? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools