Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could USF be Ranked in the Top 25 this Season? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Snook

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 04, 2007, 07:26:56 PM

I thought over the summer that the USF-Auburn game would be a prime upset special... but everyone in the media has this game as a "game to watch" and with Michigan getting blindsided, I think Auburn will be ready.  They should alert of USF's capabilities.  But we'll see...

Should be a very interesting game...

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 04, 2007, 10:27:29 PM

They just said on ESPN that Augurn should watch out for USF this week. I like our chances.

I think our chances get worse every time someone in the national media says something like that .... I would have preferred to come in to this game under the radar.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 04, 2007, 10:53:48 PM

Auburn's going to be looking to make a statement I'm sure.  Night game at Jordan-Hare.  Speed, depth.  Got an uphill battle for sure.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 05, 2007, 10:39:38 AM

I'll be surprised if USF stays within 14 points of Auburn. I'm no SEC homer, not by far, but I just think Auburn's D is going to eat USF alive. I'm calling something like 27-7. Unless USF gets a special teams or defensive scores, I don't think the offense can put up more than a score or 2.

This guy really has no clue I guess that he is a USC homer that has probably never seen a game live/went to the school/ or have any attachment to the school.  USC is good so maybe I will like them now.

#19 : September 05, 2007, 01:15:09 PM

Or I am a USC alumni?

Instead of making an igornant assumption, how about refuting my assessment?  If you don't like my assessment of the game, give me yours. 

Instead you'd rather make an ignorant asumption questioning my allegience which is completely inaccurate and without any evidence.

Again, I say Auburns size, speed, and big game experience couple with the fact they are at home in a hostile environment will be too much for USF to handle.  I say that USF will be lucky to stay within 14 given these factors.  I say USF will have a hard time scoring on Auburn's fast defense.  I say outside of TO's or ST touchdowns USF will have a hard time scoring poiints, and Auburn will have a short field often allowing them to score on USF D.

So instead of making a dumb comment, how about telling me where I am wrong in my assessment?  How about countering with why you think you are right and I am wrong?  Let's hear your thoughts....

I'll sit back and wait.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 05, 2007, 04:37:33 PM

I'll be surprised if USF stays within 14 points of Auburn.  I'm no SEC homer, not by far, but I just think Auburn's D is going to eat USF alive.  I'm calling something like 27-7.  Unless USF gets a special teams or defensive scores, I don't think the offense can put up more than a score or 2.

Did you watch both games?

#21 : September 05, 2007, 05:17:24 PM

Yes, as a matter of fact I have.  I did see one team struggle vs. a bCS conference team while another struggled against a mighty Elon. 

I'll go one step further. I think KSU exposed Auburns inability to cover man to man. IF AU puts a spy on Grothe forcing them to play more man to man I think USF can put up some points.  However, with Groves applying pressure I am not sure AU will have as many problems in coverage.  I do think USF can make some noise offensively IF USF can stop AU's defensive front from getting pressure.  Of course this also assumes AU doesn't use its speed to throw confusing blitz packages at Grothe. 

I suppose we'll see Saturday.

I am anxious to see some of your assessments of the game.  I have made mine.  Rather than calling names or being smart alecks lets hear them.

One things for certain, I won't call you an idiot or any other name because your take on a game differs from mine.

Waiting.....

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 05, 2007, 05:51:54 PM

Yes, as a matter of fact I have.  I did see one team struggle vs. a bCS conference team while another struggled against a mighty Elon. 

I'll go one step further. I think KSU exposed Auburns inability to cover man to man. IF AU puts a spy on Grothe forcing them to play more man to man I think USF can put up some points.  However, with Groves applying pressure I am not sure AU will have as many problems in coverage.  I do think USF can make some noise offensively IF USF can stop AU's defensive front from getting pressure.  Of course this also assumes AU doesn't use its speed to throw confusing blitz packages at Grothe. 

I suppose we'll see Saturday.

I am anxious to see some of your assessments of the game.  I have made mine.  Rather than calling names or being smart alecks lets hear them.

Waiting.....

I didn't see the Auburn game so I really I can't comment on the match-up.

One things for certain, I won't call you an idiot or any other name because your take on a game differs from mine.

I don't do that either ....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 05, 2007, 06:06:38 PM

It's fairly obvious that the matchup for USF against Auburn is a formidable one.  The Bulls will have to play near perfect football while relying on a few mistakes by the Tigers to have a realistic shot at winning.  If for no other reason than the circumstance of playing a night game at Auburn.  The Bulls have dealt with speed before and in fact their defense is built on speed as well.  The Bulls offense isn't exactly high powered, but either is Auburn's.  They'll try to run the ball and run the clock while the defense will be agressive and try to create some turnovers.  Either way, USF getting beat on Saturday night won't be the defining moment for the season, but pulling off another big upset would be a huge jump in credibility to the program.  In reality, they really ahve nothing to lose while the Tigers can't afford another lackluster performance like last week let alone a loss.

#24 : September 05, 2007, 08:49:23 PM

Thanks for your assessment.  I wasn't referring to USF having problem with Auburn speed on O.  I know they've seen that in the BE.  I do not, however, think they have seen the likes of Auburn's speed on defense.  I think that is the key.  BE teams aren't  exactly known for stifling, fast defense.  That will be the question IMO. How they matchup with Auburn's speed on defense.  I think they'll need to get Grothe on rollouts and out of the pocket.  I do also think if USF can get pressure on Cox he has shown a propensity to throw bad passes.  A couple TO's by him in key spots could be huge obviously.  I do still think USF will lose and by 14+, but I also think they do have a shot if the cards fall right.  I won't count them out f the game but I think it will take near perfect play on their part and lack of good play by Auburn.  Another big question might be how seriously Auburn players and coaches take USF. Tommy T has been a good big game coach most of his tenure. If Auburn takes it that way, which I suspect recent events says they will, it will be a tough game for USF.

I am looking forward to the game though and can't wait to see.  I like matchups between solid teams. 

And BucsBullsBolts, yes, you did call me a name.  A "**CENSORED**" to be precise.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 05, 2007, 09:18:58 PM

And BucsBullsBolts, yes, you did call me a name.  A "**CENSORED**" to be precise.

I never I said I didn't call you a name.....

Snook

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 05, 2007, 09:20:32 PM

Don't forget how loud it will be in Jordan-Hare at night.  That place is CRAZY in night games.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 05, 2007, 09:57:52 PM

USF has played the likes of OU, Arkansas, Kansas and Miami.  They've played fast defenses and theire defense is pretty damn fast.  I'm more concerned with depth of Auburn than being surprised by speed.  Obviously Auburn's speed can cause problems, but it won't be because USF isn't prepareed for it, it'll be because they're good.

#28 : September 06, 2007, 12:02:55 AM

How did USF fare in those games?  The speed IS a concern.  And again, it is the speed on defense that will cause USF concerns.

BucsBullsBolts, you did say "I don't do that either" when I said I won't respond with name calling.  You called me a "**CENSORED**."  Make up your mind.  Care to change your statement that you never said you didn't call names?

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 06, 2007, 01:29:31 AM

Actually in those games it appeared to me that the depth of the opposing schools was the difference. 2nd and 3rd team speed at that time at USF was not up to par with the bigger schools. Like past years I don't expect USF to beat Auburn. I think at this point in USF's existance it's just nice that the nation is looking at this game as a big game and a game to watch. That's exciting to me. The idea that USF is being looked at on a national level as competitive with a big SEC school at this point is a big up for me and many other USF grads. GO BULLS!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could USF be Ranked in the Top 25 this Season? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools