Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could USF be Ranked in the Top 25 this Season? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Snook

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 06, 2007, 07:58:18 AM

I think at this point in USF's existance it's just nice that the nation is looking at this game as a big game and a game to watch. That's exciting to me. The idea that USF is being looked at on a national level as competitive with a big SEC school at this point is a big up for me and many other USF grads. GO BULLS!

Yes, it is.  Its great for USF.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 06, 2007, 08:50:33 AM

If USF knocks off Auburn they will be ranked in the top 20 definitely with top 15 in their sights

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 06, 2007, 12:15:12 PM

Actually in those games it appeared to me that the depth of the opposing schools was the difference. 2nd and 3rd team speed at that time at USF was not up to par with the bigger schools. Like past years I don't expect USF to beat Auburn. I think at this point in USF's existance it's just nice that the nation is looking at this game as a big game and a game to watch. That's exciting to me. The idea that USF is being looked at on a national level as competitive with a big SEC school at this point is a big up for me and many other USF grads. GO BULLS!

Not wanting to sound defeatist but I just hope we don't get embrarrassed on Saturday ... and the only reason I'm saying that is this rash of O linemen going down. It's gotten to the absurd point.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 06, 2007, 12:23:45 PM

How did USF fare in those games?  The speed IS a concern.  And again, it is the speed on defense that will cause USF concerns.

WE'VE gotten faster, and better, on offense since those games..... don't know if we've improved enough to compete with Auburn or not ... and the OL problems aren;t going to help.

BucsBullsBolts, you did say "I don't do that either" when I said I won't respond with name calling.  You called me a "**CENSORED**."  Make up your mind.  Care to change your statement that you never said you didn't call names?

Since you're obviously not sharp enough to figure this out, I'll explain. You were complaining about calling you a name because you had a different opinion. That's not true. I called you a **CENSORED** because of the way you came across .... I specifically said it wasn't WHAT you were saying.

#34 : September 06, 2007, 12:57:58 PM

That was based on your opinion of my opinion so in a sense, yes it was.

But anyway we are splitting hairs here and it's not worth it.

Can't wait for Saturday, should be some entertaining games.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 06, 2007, 01:24:15 PM

Actually, I believe it was based on the way you come across in stating your "opinion" and I don't think there is much debate about how you come across.

#36 : September 06, 2007, 01:41:46 PM

So glad you can judge tone and how someone is coming across over the internet.  You are one of the few. 

Perhaps you just misunderstood how I was coming across leading to you and your cronies attacking me.  Honestly I meant no harm in what I said and I do believe I stated so several times along with an apology.  I have never been on a MB where people are so uptight that you can't chuckle at a statement.

What there isn't  a debate about is your ability to contribute any meaningful insight or analysis on football.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 06, 2007, 02:13:23 PM

It wasn't very difficult to figure out the condescending nature of your original post, but anyway.  I don't have a major interest in "debating" with someone just for the sake of debating.  If you want to actually have knowledgable college football discussion I'd be more than happy to engage.  If you just want to argue with folks for the sake of arguing, then I'll engage in the discussion as I see fit.  Like I said. This isn't the only thread in which you are or have been involved in a "pissing contest".  Maybe you need to look in the mirror and stop blaming all the people you keep getting into them with.

#38 : September 06, 2007, 02:38:22 PM

I suggest you look in the threads and see who is actually posting stuff about football and who is just arguing.

Do that honestly and get back to me. I have offered up more than enough statistical analysis, general knowledge, assessment, etc. about various teams and such.  I am not the one starting attacks but I will defend myself when necessary. 

I think you need to be the one looking in the mirror and seeing what you have added.  I have added far more about football than you and the others who have attacked me.

Condescending?  It was a simple innocent LAUGH.  I suspect if my name had been "Troy Rules" you would not have had an issue.  But since you have some serious envy and self esteem problems you automatically jump me when I laugh and say something like don't get too excited it was Elon, wait until Auburn before calling a guy big time.

I said the same thing to the Tebow humpers when calling him great after WK.  You know what?  They didn't jump me and agreed. Wow, I guess it's because the Gator fans don't get as envious and understand blowing up against the likes of WK isn't  "big time." 

Maybe you'll understand one day and not be such an ass when someone makes a comment you don't like.

So yeah, go see who started pissing and who brought football talk to the table.  If you do that honestly you'll see that I have consistently tried to discuss various things and YOU and a couple others have been the ones starting insult and attack posts.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 06, 2007, 04:39:32 PM

Yes USF played Ellon and they struggled a bit early but turned it on in the middle and won the game fairly easily.  Ellon's only TD came when the Buls were rotating second string D in.  People don't realize that USF beat WV when they were highly ranked last season, got the wrong end of a bad call in the rutgers game that they could have won, and beat UL the year prior when they were highly ranked.  The kids were really young the last two seasons and have now grown into the league they are playing in.  USF has a new O being installed and it is possible that the book was hardly opened last saturday to keep Auburn in the dark.  Do they have things that need to be fixed? Yes.  Will they loose big?  Probably not.  Can they win the game?  Yes.  Auburns D is good and usually ranked pretty high but people forget that USF's D was ranked in the top 20 last season.  That their secondary is considered one of the best in the nation, and that their QB is a stud.  Aginst Ellon Levitt gave his RB from last year the chance to show that he can do it before getting unseated by Ford and the other guys.  He just didn't get the job done and with Ford in the backfield this team will be a lot better.  Also, Levitt never likes to run up the score like other teams he would rather let his young kids get on the field and have game experience. 

Give good reason's for why they are going to loose by more then 14 to a high powered O like Auburn. 

#40 : September 07, 2007, 01:20:33 PM

If you scroll up and read my posts I gave my reasons for why I think USF will do very well to keep it within 14.  And really it doesn't have anything to do with Auburn having a highpowered offense.

Tomorrow can't get here soon enough, eager to see some interesting matchups.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 09, 2007, 01:06:15 AM

USF, USF, USF.......................Top 25 here we come. Auburn didn't do squat against us. This should have been a 10 plus point win for USF at Auburn but none of the national programs will mention that. IMO we scored on that interception return. Funny they never replayed that. Either way......USF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#42 : September 09, 2007, 01:11:32 AM

That game should have been a blowout. USF's D showed the country that they're one of the best and Grothe is a true leader. A kicking game and my blood pressure wouldn't have risen so much.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 09, 2007, 07:27:26 AM

Yes, as a matter of fact I have. I did see one team struggle vs. a bCS conference team while another struggled against a mighty Elon.

I'll go one step further. I think KSU exposed Auburns inability to cover man to man. IF AU puts a spy on Grothe forcing them to play more man to man I think USF can put up some points. However, with Groves applying pressure I am not sure AU will have as many problems in coverage. I do think USF can make some noise offensively IF USF can stop AU's defensive front from getting pressure. Of course this also assumes AU doesn't use its speed to throw confusing blitz packages at Grothe.

I suppose we'll see Saturday.

I am anxious to see some of your assessments of the game. I have made mine. Rather than calling names or being smart alecks lets hear them.

One things for certain, I won't call you an idiot or any other name because your take on a game differs from mine.

Waiting.....

Actually if you would've put USF where you put AU then you would've hit the nail on the head...I think Pete Carroll may  want to call you for your advice on next's week game...OBD

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#44 : September 09, 2007, 08:58:10 AM

I'll be surprised if USF stays within 14 points of Auburn.  I'm no SEC homer, not by far, but I just think Auburn's D is going to eat USF alive.  I'm calling something like 27-7.  Unless USF gets a special teams or defensive scores, I don't think the offense can put up more than a score or 2.
Looks like you were wrong, what killed K-State was the penalties. K-State racked up another 100+ yards in penalties again last night against San Jose State.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could USF be Ranked in the Top 25 this Season? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools