Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Link for Gruden's coaching record « previous next »
Page: 1 2

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

« : November 07, 2006, 06:56:21 PM »

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/GrudJo0.htm

Look at the stats and figure it out......................

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 07, 2006, 07:07:12 PM »

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/GrudJo0.htm

Look at the stats and figure it out......................

my god our D was good in 2002.   >:(

« #2 : November 07, 2006, 07:10:57 PM »

75-61, God he's awful, since the Glazers seem to love the guy there is one answer, GRAB YOUR TORCHES AND FOLLOW ME, WE SET OFF AT 3:17 TO (new) ONE BUC PLACE!!!!

BuccoJD

Starter

« #3 : November 07, 2006, 07:21:16 PM »

75-61, God he's awful, since the Glazers seem to love the guy there is one answer, GRAB YOUR TORCHES AND FOLLOW ME, WE SET OFF AT 3:17 TO (new) ONE BUC PLACE!!!!

LMAO...

2 bad years and people want to kill the guy.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 07, 2006, 07:23:50 PM »

LMAO...

2 bad years and people want to kill the guy.

Well it is three bad years now, and no real sign of improvement, so you can understand people's concern.  There isn't any real sign the O will be better next year, and the D will be in transition for two or three years.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 07, 2006, 07:25:51 PM »

Well it is three bad years now, and no real sign of improvement, so you can understand people's concern. There isn't any real sign the O will be better next year, and the D will be in transition for two or three years.

Thank goodness you gave up that Suicide Hotline job..   :D

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 07, 2006, 07:28:39 PM »

Well it is three bad years now, and no real sign of improvement, so you can understand people's concern. There isn't any real sign the O will be better next year, and the D will be in transition for two or three years.

Thank goodness you gave up that Suicide Hotline job..   :D

They fired me for giving out directions to the Skyway Bridge.   :P

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #7 : November 07, 2006, 09:56:37 PM »

He sure left Oakland in good standings.  Old team built with vets that left team high and dry.  They too have one of the worse offenses in the league. GGG - Gruden Got to Go!

« #8 : November 07, 2006, 10:24:47 PM »

He sure left Oakland in good standings. Old team built with vets that left team high and dry. They too have one of the worse offenses in the league. GGG - Gruden Got to Go!
yep that year after when they got to the SB with Gruden's team....bad shape considering that's the goal of every team.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 08, 2006, 01:38:42 AM »

Listening to Steve's show today on 620, a caller called in and mentioned all of the players that have left Tampa in the last few years.

To mention a few:

Keyshawn- Personality conflict
McCardell-  Called Gruden Dishonest.
Jurevicius- Could not wait to leave town.

Common denominator= Gruden's personality.

It's Gruden's show.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 08, 2006, 01:48:03 AM »

my god our D was good in 2002. >:(

I thought it was just as good or better in 1999.   Actually, from 99 through 2002, I thought we had the best defense in the NFL.   And 2003 would have been close as well if Brian Kelly hadn't gotten hurt.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #11 : November 08, 2006, 01:53:25 AM »

Listening to Steve's show today on 620, a caller called in and mentioned all of the players that have left Tampa in the last few years.

To mention a few:

McCardell- Called Gruden Dishonest.

Common denominator= Gruden's personality.

It's Gruden's show.
So he gets on peoples nerves.

What is he?  A counselor?

Shaddup, collect your check, and play some damn ball.

I have never had a gentle coach, and would never want one.  I got smacked in the head by my coach a few times for doing stupid stuff.  Like not listening to what he wanted me to do.  I deserved it, and life goes on.

The players need to make plays.

Last year, Gruden won the south, and no one heard a peep about firing Gruden.

At the start of the season, not a peep.

Now, it is all the rage.  Look dudes, he won a superbowl.  Whine about it all you want, but HE was in charge, not ANYONE else.  He took a team that was a basement dweller, and won a South banner that you see in RJS.

He has a bad year with injuries galore, with a giant salary cap awaiting him, and all I hear is piss and moan.  EVERY coach has a bad stretch.  It is natural.

Unless you are a certain coach in NE. (And he has Tom Brady, Richard Seymour)

You guys crying for Gruden to be fired need to rest easy man.  He isn't going anywhere, he has a rook QB, two rooks on the O-line, a second year TE, a second year RB...that is some hard stuff to work with.

The defense is old as hell, and they will be replaced next year, no doubt.  Q should be ousted, Brooks might get relocated on defense (Hopefully to MLB, he knows the plays), and some new safeties out to help out.

His personality is a problem?  Gimme a damned break.  Keyshawn was let go of by Parcells, supposedly his boy.  McCardell is the dishonest one, the one who lacks integrity.  JJ, well...could not wait to leave town, or was not being paid enough?

It is speculation for the most part.

Gruden is not going anywhere, nor should he.

Bring up all the picks you want.

Clayton-  looking like a bust, but who knows.  IS it the rook QB, the poor play of Simms affecting his game?  Who knows.
Ruud?  Good pick, has some things to learn.
Blood and Davin?  Could be worse.  at least they are starting.
Smith?  Has shown flashes, doesn't get thrown to too much.
Grads?  The starting QB over Rattay.  As a rook in the complex WCO.
Galloway?  Brought in by Gruden.  Has thrived, aside from injury year one.
Buenning?  Gruden other lineman.

So for all the misses he has had in the draft, he has done some nice things to bring in some youth.

Who else is going to coach the Bucs?  I thought so.

Again, you say fire Gruden, and yet don't provide any feasable replacements.  

Give it a rest.  

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #12 : November 08, 2006, 06:14:12 AM »

It's funny how last year all the media pundits were saying that perhaps no other coach did more with less in 2005 than Gruden and his name was thrown in contention for coach of the year.....now he's a horrible coach who needs to be replaced

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 08, 2006, 09:50:45 AM »

JJ wanted to stay in Tampa, the Bucs didn't want him.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 08, 2006, 09:56:01 AM »

McCardell-  Called Gruden Dishonest.

Keyshawn was insubordinate and had problems with other coaches.
McCardell pulled the same stuff in Jacksonville, using the same argument that he was "promised" something he never received.
Jurevicius refused to play at less than 100%, which irritated his teammates and not just the coach.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Link for Gruden's coaching record « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools