Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ever been to VaTech Stadium? « previous next »
Page: 1

superbuc

Practice Squad
: September 01, 2007, 12:11:33 PM

Watching this on TV I remember when I was a senior at ECU as was Jeff Blake.  The visitor side of that stadium is crazy.  There's no second deck.  It goes straight up for "miles"!  The sound stays in there like you wouldn't believe.  I can't imagine how hard it is to hear there right now for ECU.  This may get ugly.

But, I have the "glory days" when I was a senior!  That was the season ECU kept coming back to win in a variety of ways.  "We" were down by a touchdown and VaTech was on the 4 getting ready to score again.  The QB threw a short out and our CB jumped the route - 96 yds. and the game was tied.  That stadium got quiet QUICK!  I think we ended up winning by 10.

The season ended at the Peach Bowl where ECU came back from 17 down with 7:30 left to win by 3 and finished number 9 in the nation. Not impressive by FL standards, but, for a "no respect" school that nobody would let in a conference for a long time, not bad!

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 01, 2007, 01:21:50 PM

The visitor side of that stadium is crazy.  There's no second deck.  It goes straight up for "miles"!  .

That doesn't sound too great for convenience. You got to walk all the way down to take a leak or get drink? Crazy.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

superbuc

Practice Squad
#2 : September 01, 2007, 04:49:43 PM

The visitor side of that stadium is crazy. There's no second deck. It goes straight up for "miles"! .

That doesn't sound too great for convenience. You got to walk all the way down to take a leak or get drink? Crazy.

Hadn't thought about that.  I DID however think, wow if anyone slips they'll take out a few rows of people before they stop.

It was fun being there.  I can't remember how we got tickets.  There were about 10 rows of ECU fans in one section surrounded by a mass of **CENSORED**y, arrogant VaTech fans.  But, at least they weren't violent as I've heard at others' opposing stadiums.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 04, 2007, 07:28:11 PM

A friend of mine played QB for UVA in the 90s and said that the stands at VA Tech are closer to the field than anywhere he's ever been.  I'd really like to see a game there someday.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ever been to VaTech Stadium? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools