Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: Big Ten/ Michigan proving OVERRATED once again... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

: September 01, 2007, 03:55:54 PM

Haha.  Michigan becomes first ranked team in NCAA history to lose to a Division 1AA team.  Great stuff and congrats to the kids from App. State.  Game of a lifetime for them.  And that is why I love CFB, and don't mind some of these "cupcake" games.  Nothing better then watching David slay goliath.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 01, 2007, 03:57:53 PM

That was shocking! I love it.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#2 : September 01, 2007, 03:59:38 PM

Got to watch it on the Big Ten Network.....GREAT game.  And being a PSU alumni, got to love the upset.

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 01, 2007, 04:01:31 PM

Love watching OVER RATED Big 10 teams lose.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 01, 2007, 04:44:52 PM

Not really a flukey type game either - you know turnovers and returns and long penalties. ASU really moved the ball on them (388 yards) and had a better 3rd down conversion rate that UM.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 01, 2007, 05:06:58 PM

I have a friend from Appy St.  He's having fun right now! :)

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#6 : September 01, 2007, 05:24:19 PM

Wow, Michigan's D must have really fallen off with those draft losses. How do you allow those guys 34 points, that many yards, and a late game-winning drive at home? Ouch.

#7 : September 01, 2007, 08:37:26 PM

You can use the excuse of the NFL losses all you ant, but I'm not buying it. 

This Michigan defense got torched when it played teams with speed and "real" offense its last few games last year as well.  APP. St. runs a similar offense to the OSU last year and torched Michigan the same.  Michigan is overrated as always, just as all Big 10 schools are.  Looks like an 0-2 start for Michigan after Oregon next week. 

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 01, 2007, 11:29:26 PM

Careful with the OSU analogies USC - we handled our Div 1AA like a D1 school was supposed to...

Buckeyes 38 vs Youngstown State Penguins-6

All while rotating second stringers and 3rd stringers.

Maybe you can spell Lioyd with 6 L's, Matt...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#9 : September 01, 2007, 11:56:04 PM

Careful with the OSU analogies USC - we handled our Div 1AA like a D1 school was supposed to...

Buckeyes 38 vs Youngstown State Penguins-6

All while rotating second stringers and 3rd stringers.

Maybe you can spell Lioyd with 6 L's, Matt...

He's probably referring to all that Big 10 chest pounding last year that got the piss whooped out of them in the bowl games. The MeatChickens were one of the biggest offenders saying UF didn't deserve to play in the Champ game last year and they did -- and UF couldn't even roll with OSU blah blah blah-- then the Meatchickens go out and get their azzes whooped in the bowl game as well as OSU---- and NOW the Meatchickens go on to the record books as the worst upset in NCAA div 1 history.

BTW most top 10 programs handled their IIA schools today-- well except the Big 10 top 10 overrated MeatChickens

BTW Boeckman looked very good and your freshman back was damn good as well

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#10 : September 02, 2007, 02:39:50 AM

You can use the excuse of the NFL losses all you ant, but I'm not buying it. 

This Michigan defense got torched when it played teams with speed and "real" offense its last few games last year as well.  APP. St. runs a similar offense to the OSU last year and torched Michigan the same.  Michigan is overrated as always, just as all Big 10 schools are.  Looks like an 0-2 start for Michigan after Oregon next week.

Ok, let me get this straight. Michigan returns four starters from last season where they were top 8 in points per game defense and top 6 in yards per game, face Appalacian St. and get their butts kicked for 34 points. THEN, the comparison to OHIO STATE AND USC, with USC only scoring 32 points on them in the Rose Bowl, basically a home game as opposed to being at home here? You're a freakin USC fan for christ's sake, how does this offensive talent and speed compare to yours last year? It doesn't! Listen, I'm not saying Michigan blows them out if they had their defense last year, but they don't move and score at the same rate, undoubtedly. I'm still pretty drunk from the last good summer weekend out, and I'm telling you you're not making any damn sense!

#11 : September 02, 2007, 03:07:58 PM

I make perfect sense.  Michigan was OVERRATED last year, and are again this year.  Their defense was vastly OVERRATED last year, and they were torched by the only good offensive teams that they played.

What part of that is hard for you to comprehend?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 02, 2007, 03:58:24 PM

Appalachin State ran a very similar offense to OSU's last year - and the score was almost identical - I think App State is pretty good but Michigan obviously didn't take them very seriously.

And thanks - Boekman, were you refering to Chris Wells? If so, he's a Sophomore - perhaps you meant Brandon Saine? Saine's the Freshman Tail Back this year. Both Boekman and Wells are being counted on this year but we're probably a year away from any type of consistent winning outside the conference.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 02, 2007, 06:17:49 PM

Love it. Lloyd Carr's gone at season's end. Guarantee it.

#14 : September 02, 2007, 06:59:07 PM

Love it. Lloyd Carr's gone at season's end. Guarantee it.
I say he doesn't last past the Ohio State game
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: Big Ten/ Michigan proving OVERRATED once again... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools