Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: T-Jax to start at FS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 04, 2007, 11:45:26 AM

Glad to see Tanard get some PT.  As I've said before, I think he's going to be a real player for us, but I'd rather see him at 4th CB.  I think this guy could take over for Ronde.  Allen had a great offseason under Raheem, and is a capable starter, and there are a lot of guys on the wire right now that are very capable of pushing him (CJ Gaddis, Bhawoh Jue, Greg Blue, or Josh Gattis)

acacius

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 04, 2007, 11:50:55 AM

All these rookies=no playoffs in my opinion.

If it's just the rookies playing that has you thinking no playoffs is a likely outcome for this season, you're a remarkably optimistic person.

replica

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 04, 2007, 01:44:03 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty optimistic..I hope with Garcia and a healthy defense that we could make a push for the playoffs this year. Stranger things have happened.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 04, 2007, 03:58:12 PM

Rookies aren't a huge liability at OG and DE. Those spots I expect production early because they are comparatively "easy" spots mentally. FS might be a tougher transition so that would be the roughest spot for the 3 of them.

Yes, and remember that he was just two months into a switch from CB to FS when this was on the radio...

Hey...he showed some big play ability in the endzone a couple of weeks ago...Kiffin knows best, I suppose...

bucs8ball

Starter

#19 : September 04, 2007, 04:16:18 PM

the 12.99 per month is worth it for the NFL station alone.

NO, it's worth it alone for Stern, everything else is gravy.

Amen!

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 04, 2007, 08:18:44 PM

i'm mildly surprised.  by most accounts Allen improved this offseason.  I figured Phillips would be the one to eventually lose his starting spot. 

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 04, 2007, 08:53:04 PM

Jackson is a liability back there. Our safety play is a big factor in our defensive success. I can't believe we're so bad at safety that we're starting a rookie. Chalk up anothe wasted draftpick.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Larry Brackins

Starter
#22 : September 04, 2007, 08:58:57 PM

Jackson is a liability back there. Our safety play is a big factor in our defensive success. I can't believe we're so bad at safety that we're starting a rookie. Chalk up anothe wasted draftpick.
Uh, what exactly tells you he is a liability back there?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 04, 2007, 09:00:02 PM

Based on what?

If the rookie has earned a starting job with Raheems blessing, and he has played the best out of all the rooks so far in preseason, and is supplanting a veteran, how is this a wasted draft pick?

If anything, it seems like the safety (Allen) was sooo bad that a rook can actually beat him out, and improve the safety play...hmmm...

You post lacks merit, and worse, it just shows that you are a blind hater of Jon Gruden, no matter what happens.  For Chrissakes, I am willing to bet that if GRuden wins 10 games next year, you will still be saying he is a bad coach...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 04, 2007, 09:01:23 PM

Chalk up anothe wasted draftpick.

I'd like to think it means there's some depth with experience. The safety play will improve when the pass rush improves, it's all related. Always looking for the negative, it's just not a healthy mind-set.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#25 : September 04, 2007, 09:11:08 PM

i'm mildly surprised. by most accounts Allen improved this offseason. I figured Phillips would be the one to eventually lose his starting spot.

My thoughts exactly..though I'm probably more than midly suprised. Jackson played well but I
didn't think it was enough to unseat Allen (who played pretty well in preseason). Phillips has been the weak
link imo...Allen at least has good coverage skills.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 21, 2008, 11:06:02 AM

I just thought I'd resurrect this blast-from-the-past topic.

Oh, and this quote was classic:

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 21, 2008, 11:17:09 AM

classic

#28 : August 21, 2008, 11:17:47 AM

Im confused - T Jack and Sears aren't rookies. . . . . . . .

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#29 : August 21, 2008, 11:20:57 AM

Where is Born? we could use some comic relief about now
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: T-Jax to start at FS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools