Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trotter joins with the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Fresh

Hall of Famer

: September 03, 2007, 01:07:42 PM

Comcast SportsNet has learned that former Eagles linebacker Jeremiah Trotter has agreed to a one-year deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Trotter spent the last three years with the Eagles, who released him on Aug. 21.

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=55029

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 03, 2007, 01:09:16 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : September 03, 2007, 01:10:42 PM

Awesome.

#3 : September 03, 2007, 01:12:09 PM

Not sure if I like it.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#4 : September 03, 2007, 01:14:11 PM

Hes better than any other back up we got plus he will come in handy against the run. Good pick up in my opinion.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : September 03, 2007, 01:17:12 PM

Not sure if I like it.

If you don't like adding a veteran on a 1 year deal what do you like?

I just don't understand people on here. What's not to like about this? He isn't going to start, and he signed a 1 year deal. This isn't a 6 year 50 million dollar type deal, so why complain?

#6 : September 03, 2007, 01:18:19 PM

Not sure if I like it.

If you don't like adding a veteran on a 1 year deal what do you like?

I just don't understand people on here. What's not to like about this? He isn't going to start, and he signed a 1 year deal. This isn't a 6 year 50 million dollar type deal, so why complain?
Um, Trotter doesn't fit our system, and I'd rather see Black or Hayward get the playing time?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 03, 2007, 01:18:27 PM

Not a big fan of this deal.  I assume Nece or Hayward was cut to make room?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : September 03, 2007, 01:20:18 PM

You can't PUP a player who passed their preseason physical. We've said that here 3,000 times.

#9 : September 03, 2007, 01:19:18 PM

Not a big fan of this deal.  I assume Nece or Hayward was cut to make room?
Chuk was probably PUP'ed

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#10 : September 03, 2007, 01:19:51 PM

And so here is the 2nd argument against it - "the system."

Guess what...we are a defense in transition right now. Just because he doesn't fit what we have traditionally done doesn't mean that he won't fit the defense in some way. Monte will get him on the field. He would certainly fit as a 3-4 LB.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 03, 2007, 01:20:56 PM

With our cap room, there's no reason not to like this move. Unless, he was
signed to a unfriendly, multi-year deal that affects our cap next year. But I
trust Bruce not to do that.

Just use him sparingly and save his knees. I think he can help against the run.

So it's only a one year deal? How can we not like this?

#12 : September 03, 2007, 01:21:32 PM

Guess what...we are a defense in transition right now. Just because he doesn't fit what we have traditionally done doesn't mean that he won't fit the defense in some way. Monte will get him on the field. He would certainly fit as a 3-4 LB.
Address the youth aspect now.

#13 : September 03, 2007, 01:21:59 PM

You can't PUP a player who passed their preseason physical. We've said that here 3,000 times.
I was assuming that changed once a player got injured.  Please though keep up the attitude considering I've been called a Grudenista so many times in the past.

This is probably the first move they've made in a while that I dislike.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 03, 2007, 01:23:47 PM

Ahh yes, the vaunted 3-4 we will run. How'd that work out thus far? Seriously, you have backups if your starter goes down and Trotter isn't a guy anyone should feel good about bringing in if Ruud goes down because that base defense isn't what he's going to do well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trotter joins with the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools