Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trotter joins with the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#135 : September 04, 2007, 12:48:26 PM

It's pretty much a typical Gruden "hey I have heard of this guy, he was good ,wasn't he?" signing.

Trotter does NOT fit our system. He no longer has the speed to do his drops correctly. He was let go from Philly for a reason, so let's not pretend he is anything other than an empty name.

On the other hand, he is a leader type on a team that has almost none. Ruud is just awful,so having a guy who has Mike experience wont hurt. As far as the cap, we are well under it, so no matter what he signed for, it wont hurt us long term.

I would prefer to give snaps to Black to build up his experience for the future, but that isn't this team's style. We have the cap space, and we need a Mike. It's not a great signing, just a sign of the times for this franchise these days.

The same things could have been about Lynch/Sapp....and obviously they've continued to have pretty respectable seasons.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#136 : September 04, 2007, 12:57:13 PM

I love that anybody critical is "playing GM," but people who are sticking Trotter in as a starter week 3, imagining him as a 3-4 star, talking about him as a blitzer, or as someone who will be protected from in the pass game are just objectivity personified.

I don't hate the signing, I just don't get it. He offers great "intangibles" but like Dal says, it's hard to lead from the bench.  

And if Ruud wasn't going to be the starter, we would have made a much bigger push for guys like Napoleon Harris and woudn't have waited for cut down day. You think we would have let the future starter leave TB without a signed contract? No sir.

As for the 3-4 - on what evidence? Has Trotter ever played 3-4? How much 3-4 are we going to play anyway.

This notion that he can help the pass rush by blitzing also lacks any evidence - he has 12.5 sacks over his career, but only 2 in the last 3 years.

He can clearly help on the goalline, but the idea that in today's NFL there are "obvious running downs" where you can hide players is just nonsense. Good offensive coaches will find your weakness and attempt to exploit it.

While I respect Monte's ability to scheme, keep in mind that 2 of the best defensive minds in the NFL - Jim Johnson and Gregg Williams - are capable of scheming as well, and yet teams found him out.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#137 : September 04, 2007, 12:58:30 PM

Shaun Alexander, Duece McCallister, Steven Jackson...

I'm still not crazy about Trotter, but if we're going to get off to a fast start, we can use all the help we can get in those first three games..

blitz

Pro Bowler
#138 : September 04, 2007, 01:55:47 PM

If you're comfortable with Nece at backup, then the Trotter signing is foolish.  If you saw what I saw in the preseason from the backup MLB,  and saw Trotter last year in Philly then this is a no brainer.     Injuries are part of the game and if you just think every guy goes 16 games without getting nicked, you're fooling yourself.  The Trotter signing was timely and very brilliant.

At yes Chuk will get to the QB when he's back healthy.  He's faster than Adams and can drop back in pass coverage. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#139 : September 04, 2007, 02:02:55 PM

If you're comfortable with Nece at backup, then the Trotter signing is foolish.  If you saw what I saw in the preseason from the backup MLB,  and saw Trotter last year in Philly then this is a no brainer.     Injuries are part of the game and if you just think every guy goes 16 games without getting nicked, you're fooling yourself.  The Trotter signing was timely and very brilliant.

At yes Chuk will get to the QB when he's back healthy.  He's faster than Adams and can drop back in pass coverage. 

Nece is better in coverage than Trotter. Thats the problem, each guy is really about half of what we need our MLB to be and I'm not sure the part Trotter brings is all that good anymore.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#140 : September 04, 2007, 03:41:23 PM

Way to take the "I agree with the coach no matter what" stance. Another coach named Andy Reid felt that he needed to be cut. He's not a Super Bowl winner but he has been one of the best coaches in the league for a number of years. Which coach should we agree with. I'm so confused now...

We have been talking about this for a couple of weeks now and have given our opinions. PS-If Gruden, Allen, or Kiffin, Reid, etc... posted here what would be the point?

It's just that some people state the obvious. It's as if they believe Gru and Allen and Kiffin don't
know that Trotter struggles getting down field or that his knees are bad or that they're going
to have to adjust to his weaknesses.

Hope our coaches read this board or they're going to think that Trotter is a youngster who
will make us a SB defense again.
You don't live in Tampa, but stating the obvious is a challenge for some Tampa fans.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#141 : September 04, 2007, 10:00:50 PM

I was going to say #96 for Chuckwurah. I think Trotter will get #54.

Right now the Bucs have Jeremiah Trotter listed as #50 on their roster.  I think that might just be temporary because they needed to give him a jersey number to practice in tomorrow.  I'm sure that Chukwurah and Trotter will work out a deal about his #54 jersey number.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#142 : September 24, 2007, 02:01:10 PM

Ruud will start the 1st game. We're thinking by game 3 Trotter will be starting. By "we" I mean anyone who wants to win.

Good call.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#143 : September 24, 2007, 02:03:21 PM

keep em coming, Boranaraider is as narcissistic as OJ Simpson 

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#144 : September 24, 2007, 03:47:37 PM

Nobody picked up Ruud yet in our fantasy league with D players. Wow he wasn't even drafted. Well, I thought, a, what, how could that be? Should I go pick him up now you think? I'll take a wait and see approach. I'm sure he'll be available next week.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

#145 : September 24, 2007, 03:56:33 PM

Nobody picked up Ruud yet in our fantasy league with D players. Wow he wasn't even drafted. Well, I thought, a, what, how could that be? Should I go pick him up now you think? I'll take a wait and see approach. I'm sure he'll be available next week.

The other kids in your remedial class may not be as well informed as you believe.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#146 : September 24, 2007, 03:58:53 PM

Please don't. It's the kiss of death.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trotter joins with the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools