Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trotter joins with the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #15 : September 03, 2007, 01:28:25 PM »

Yeah, Bruce and Gruden are clueless. They must have been drunk when they signed Trotter.
Kiffen probably was there too. They should have called you and then they would have known
all there is to know about football and FA signings.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #16 : September 03, 2007, 01:28:35 PM »

There is no need to address anymore issues here. It's been done a million times.

I'm not for / against Gruden. I want to win games and support who we have helping us do that. I have an attitude because nobody is ever satisfied around here. I can't think of 1 negative of this signing. I have never thought he was a great player but he isn't a crap player either. We added some depth and gained some experience.

Ruud will play. Trotter isn't going to change that.

We haven't run much 3-4 this preseason if any at all. It's a wrinkle, not a base defense for us and he'll work in it. This defense is changing...bigger LBs, bigger linemen. Just because we have done something in the past doesn't mean that's all we'll do in the future. That's a recipe for disaster. You have to change and that's what we are doing. The "system" argument just doesn't cut it in my opinion when you are talking about depth, transition, and a one year deal.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #17 : September 03, 2007, 01:29:26 PM »

Not a big fan of this deal.

I agree.

But I have a feeling this team will have to rely on bltizes to generate pressure.

« #18 : September 03, 2007, 01:30:24 PM »

Yeah, Bruce and Gruden are clueless. They must have been drunk when they signed Trotter.
Kiffen probably was there too. They should have called you and then they would have known
Opinions are awful things, really we all should just sit here and nod even if the the Bucs were to trade Ronde for a 7th round pick.

« #19 : September 03, 2007, 01:31:21 PM »

There is no need to address anymore issues here. It's been done a million times.

I'm not for / against Gruden. I want to win games and support who we have helping us do that. I have an attitude because nobody is ever satisfied around here. I can't think of 1 negative of this signing. I have never thought he was a great player but he isn't a crap player either. We added some depth and gained some experience.

Ruud will play. Trotter isn't going to change that.

We haven't run much 3-4 this preseason if any at all. It's a wrinkle, not a base defense for us and he'll work in it. This defense is changing...bigger LBs, bigger linemen. Just because we have done something in the past doesn't mean that's all we'll do in the future. That's a recipe for disaster. You have to change and that's what we are doing. The "system" argument just doesn't cut it in my opinion when you are talking about depth, transition, and a one year deal.
Fine throw system out. Black and Hayward were drafted for a reason, and I'd rather see the youth over Trotter, who as you say is a one and gone type of guy.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #20 : September 03, 2007, 01:32:02 PM »

Good job, you and Option and Illuminator can all leave now. Good news, you can wait until the news hits the paper and read about it and go "Yup, something happened" since you continue to miss the point of a discussion board.

Oh and BTW, if experts were so good go wander the list of draft and FA's busts around the league and tell me how good experts were again (heck just on the MLB front on our own team think Webster and Duncan).

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #21 : September 03, 2007, 01:34:24 PM »

What I am wondering is why would they sign Trotter now and not wait after week 1 since he is a vested veteran? ???

Is the sitation that dire that Trotter will be needed for the first game? ???

« #22 : September 03, 2007, 01:34:57 PM »

If you don't like adding a veteran on a 1 year deal what do you like?

I just don't understand people on here. What's not to like about this? He isn't going to start, and he signed a 1 year deal. This isn't a 6 year 50 million dollar type deal, so why complain?
Um, Trotter doesn't fit our system, and I'd rather see Black or Hayward get the playing time?

My thoughts exactly. I'm hoping the $$$ is minimal.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #23 : September 03, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »

I think that this is a great signing if it is for the right price.  Trotter will be Ruud's back-up and might come in on obvious running downs since he is so stout against the run.  The main thing that Trotter will bring to the Bucs is his veteran leadership and locker room presence.  I think that Trotter will be a "ass-kicker" for the Bucs that we haven't had since Warren Sapp was here.  This may have been the reason that Jamie Winborn was released because the Bucs knew that they would sign a guy like Trotter.

cobraboy

Second String

« #24 : September 03, 2007, 01:35:59 PM »

I'm sceptical this has happened.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #25 : September 03, 2007, 01:36:57 PM »

Awesome!!! Now lets re-sign Rice and sign Dillon.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #26 : September 03, 2007, 01:40:05 PM »

Opinions are awful things, really we all should just sit here and nod even if the the Bucs were to trade Ronde for a 7th round pick.

Whining, negative opinions pervade this board. It's the same every week. A few posters
always think they know more than the GM or coach on EVERY move.

And if you don't like me pointing that out, that's your problem.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #27 : September 03, 2007, 01:41:05 PM »

The big question is who do they cut if they sign Trotter? I don't mind the signing, but if Ruud were to get hurt, I don't think Trotter is the guy we want in the middle on passing downs. So if they cut someone like Nece, Trotter is the only backup MLB we have.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

« #28 : September 03, 2007, 01:42:50 PM »

Whining, negative opinions pervade this board. It's the same every week. A few posters
always think they know more than the GM or coach on EVERY move.

And if you don't like me pointing that out, that's your problem.
My problem is when people spout off generalizations and comments without backing them up. I dislike the move I told why, but you felt the need for a blanket line about how none of us are qualified to question anything the team does otherwise we're haters.

As usual Buc fans come off as whiners.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #29 : September 03, 2007, 01:43:15 PM »

Good job, you and Option and Illuminator can all leave now. Good news, you can wait until the news hits the paper and read about it and go "Yup, something happened" since you continue to miss the point of a discussion board.

Oh and BTW, if experts were so good go wander the list of draft and FA's busts around the league and tell me how good experts were again (heck just on the MLB front on our own team think Webster and Duncan).

I forgot your past as a GM. Your opinion is gold. Forgive my ignorance.

I'll pick up your latest book today:

"Negativity: The Only Way to Live"

It's the same thing year after year with you.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trotter joins with the Bucs « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools