Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trotter joins with the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

« #30 : September 03, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »

Yeah, Bruce and Gruden are clueless. They must have been drunk when they signed Trotter.
Kiffen probably was there too. They should have called you and then they would have known
all there is to know about football and FA signings.

Good job, you and Option and Illuminator can all leave now. Good news, you can wait until the news hits the paper and read about it and go "Yup, something happened" since you continue to miss the point of a discussion board.

Oh and BTW, if experts were so good go wander the list of draft and FA's busts around the league and tell me how good experts were again (heck just on the MLB front on our own team think Webster and Duncan).

I forgot your past as a GM. Your opinion is gold. Forgive my ignorance.

I'll pick up your latest book today:

"Negativity: The Only Way to Live"

It's the same thing year after year with you.
Yay! Let's discredit someone by saying they're a hater and pointing out that just like ourselves they don't work in the NFL, yay!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #31 : September 03, 2007, 01:44:37 PM »

I think that this is a great signing if it is for the right price.  Trotter will be Ruud's back-up and might come in on obvious running downs since he is so stout against the run.  The main thing that Trotter will bring to the Bucs is his veteran leadership and locker room presence.  I think that Trotter will be a "butt-kicker" for the Bucs that we haven't had since Warren Sapp was here.  This may have been the reason that Jamie Winborn was released because the Bucs knew that they would sign a guy like Trotter.

This is why they invented audibles

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #32 : September 03, 2007, 01:45:06 PM »

What I am wondering is why would they sign Trotter now and not wait after week 1 since he is a vested veteran? ???

Is the sitation that dire that Trotter will be needed for the first game? ???

I can understand what you are saying. I thought they were waiting for week 1 as well. Maybe they thought they'd lose him or maybe the deal was really fair money wise. We have a lot of cap space so either way I don't mind. Who do you think was released in order to make this signing?

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #33 : September 03, 2007, 01:45:23 PM »

Opinions are awful things, really we all should just sit here and nod even if the the Bucs were to trade Ronde for a 7th round pick.

Whining, negative opinions pervade this board. It's the same every week. A few posters
always think they know more than the GM or coach on EVERY move.

And if you don't like me pointing that out, that's your problem.
My problem is when people spout off generalizations and comments without backing them up. I dislike the move I told why, but you felt the need for a blanket line about how none of us are qualified to question anything the team does otherwise we're haters.

As usual Buc fans come off as whiners.

Haters? No, that's something you wrote.

And my whining comment wasn't directed at you. But I guess you're defensive
for a reason.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #34 : September 03, 2007, 01:47:13 PM »

Yay! Let's discredit someone by saying they're a hater and pointing out that just like ourselves they don't work in the NFL, yay!

Hater? No, once again you're seeing things. Must be hanging out with the drunk coach and
GM. He's not a hater. Just a negative person who rarely sees good on consecutive days.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #35 : September 03, 2007, 01:48:22 PM »

The big question is who do they cut if they sign Trotter? I don't mind the signing, but if Ruud were to get hurt, I don't think Trotter is the guy we want in the middle on passing downs. So if they cut someone like Nece, Trotter is the only backup MLB we have.

We have other linebackers to fill in if Ruud gets hurt. Who else is there that can play better and is available? Nece doesn't exactly impress and I think Trotter is much better.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #36 : September 03, 2007, 01:49:41 PM »

His leadership alone is worth the pick up. Good experience. Can't complain about Trotter being a Buc.

« #37 : September 03, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »

Hater? No, once again you're seeing things. Must be hanging out with the drunk coach and
GM. He's not a hater. Just a negative person who rarely sees good on consecutive days.
I'm seeing a thread full of people who won't accept any other thought process.

Dal's cynical, who cares. He's not saying "Trotter is the suck." now is he? If he can provide logical opposition than who cares.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #38 : September 03, 2007, 01:52:32 PM »

The big question is who do they cut if they sign Trotter? I don't mind the signing, but if Ruud were to get hurt, I don't think Trotter is the guy we want in the middle on passing downs. So if they cut someone like Nece, Trotter is the only backup MLB we have.

I think that the Bucs will try to sneak Adam Hayward onto the practice squad to make room for Jeremiah Trotter.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #39 : September 03, 2007, 01:53:28 PM »

LINK?

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #40 : September 03, 2007, 01:55:42 PM »

I think that the Bucs will try to sneak Adam Hayward onto the practice squad to make room for Jeremiah Trotter.

I agree

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #41 : September 03, 2007, 01:59:21 PM »

It's ok that you think what you do, Mos Eth.

All I did was try to explain why I believe what I do vs. what you believe.

You think he won't fit the system, I don't think that's a problem. You think he's too old, I don't. You think it's a bad signing I sort of like it but don't care too much.

My problem is with people who will never be satisfied. This isn't a huge signing in my opinion but still we're getting all the negativity. It's on my nerves. It's nothing personal - you're a Bucs fan and I respect your opinion. No disprespect.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #42 : September 03, 2007, 02:00:01 PM »

I think that this is a great signing if it is for the right price. Trotter will be Ruud's back-up and might come in on obvious running downs since he is so stout against the run.  The main thing that Trotter will bring to the Bucs is his veteran leadership and locker room presence.  I think that Trotter will be a "butt-kicker" for the Bucs that we haven't had since Warren Sapp was here.  This may have been the reason that Jamie Winborn was released because the Bucs knew that they would sign a guy like Trotter.

This is why they invented audibles

That's my fear as well.  It's easy to say "running down"  but a running down can easily become a passing down if there's an obvious weakness.  I suppose for depth he's OK, and he does have a Sapp-Like attitude in the lockerroom that we could use.  Hopefully he's not as shot as people are saying.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #43 : September 03, 2007, 02:00:06 PM »

That's a big gamble. I'd rather cut someone like Nece or Kalvin Pearson than risk losing a nice young LB.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #44 : September 03, 2007, 02:00:16 PM »

LINK?

Ooops. Did we jump the gun? Kffl.com isn't reporting Trotter's signing, yet. Maybe it was a false alarm.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trotter joins with the Bucs « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools