Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who did Trotter bump off the roster? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

captaindabblin

Second String

#15 : September 04, 2007, 03:35:04 PM

Maybe the Bucs have been waiting for this
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/transactions from the Broncos before deciding how to fit Trotter. Him and Cash were a big part of our ST last year...

illinoisbucfan

Starter

#16 : September 04, 2007, 04:12:47 PM

Biddle was released

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 04, 2007, 04:16:06 PM

Biddle was released

Well, that didn't last long.  "Hilliard, fair catch"

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 04, 2007, 05:03:20 PM

Either one of the guys they just picked up the WR or DB will be cut or Pearson.

Nice call

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

bucs1

Practice Squad
#19 : September 04, 2007, 05:20:05 PM

According to TBO.com, Jeremiah Trotter signed a 1-year contract worth only $1 million dollars:

From TBO.com: http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/story/trotter-officially-joins-bucs/

Trotter Officially Joins Bucs

The Bucs have officially announced the signing of MLB Jeremiah Trotter.

The announcement comes less than 24 hours after the former Eagles standout arrived in Tampa and put the finishing touches on a one-year contract that will pay him $1 million.

To make room for Trotter, who is expected to backup starter Barrett Ruud at middle linebacker and contribute on special teams, the Bucs released WR Taye Biddle.

Biddle came to the Bucs on Sunday after he was released by the Carolina Panthers.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 04, 2007, 05:21:46 PM

Someone please explain the Biddle fiasco to me?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 04, 2007, 05:24:14 PM

Maybe they were trying to keep him off the Panther's PS?  Who knows?

john.matincheck

Starter

#22 : September 04, 2007, 05:34:05 PM

You're kidding right? They take a free look at a kid that has exceptional speed to be the 53rd man on the roster and then decide to replace him with a 30 year old 4 or 5 time pro bowler at a position of need for a vet min contract and somehow that is a fiasco.

2goodbucs

Starter
#23 : September 04, 2007, 05:36:19 PM

In college he ran a 4.21 40 yard dash. He claims that when he was a Panther that Steve Smith and Carter, two of the fastest receivers, didn't want to race him. He could have been a very good returner for us. Maybe he was just a last minute shuffle to get Trotter practicing on the field. Hi might get asked back. We'll see.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#24 : September 04, 2007, 05:41:11 PM

So, when are we going to find out what number Jeremiah Trotter is going to wear?  I think he'll most likely take Chukwurah's #54.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 04, 2007, 05:52:25 PM

You're kidding right? They take a free look at a kid that has exceptional speed to be the 53rd man on the roster and then decide to replace him with a 30 year old 4 or 5 time pro bowler at a position of need for a vet min contract and somehow that is a fiasco.

Who are you? Go away.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 04, 2007, 06:30:35 PM

Who are you? Go away.

I thought it was a fair and pretty accurate response.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who did Trotter bump off the roster? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools