Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU Getting Smoked @ Clemson « previous next »
Page: 1

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

: September 04, 2007, 01:30:56 AM

two time FSU graduate, disappointed in the first half effort.  I don't wear G&G colored glasses, but there are positives to take from this game.  None of those positives happened in the first half.

The tell-tale sign will be by mid-season...if we're not improved (tackling and OL blocking), that's a bad sign.  Personally, I think by the time we get to our road trip stretch at the end of the year, we'll be a different team (in a good way).  We may lose all of those games, and our record not much better than last year, but we'll be a better team.

I hate to say it, but I'm expecting the 2008 season to have some potential for us to make some serious noise.  All is not lost after this first loss though.  It might feel that way, but it's not all lost.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 03, 2007, 08:51:36 PM

I don't know if smoked is the right word for the whole game but so far they are getting owned. Right now there's 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter. This could get ugly.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Snook

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 03, 2007, 09:09:38 PM

Florida State SUCKS.  They are OFFICIALLY a BOTTOM FEEDER ACC team.

Clemson sucks too.  But they look all-world tonight.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 03, 2007, 09:17:46 PM

Jesus.  Their offensive line is just ... wow.  This is making me long for the Bucs' oline.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 03, 2007, 09:28:04 PM

Clemson looks fast and like they have a lot of strength. That receiver just pushed the DB down like he was nothing. I'm not saying Clemson is all world but they really look like they want it.

T

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 03, 2007, 09:41:19 PM

FSU is officially a joke. So much for all those coaching changes, wow this team will be luck to win 5 games unless they turn things around

#6 : September 03, 2007, 10:08:07 PM

But FSU has the "bestest" coaching staff ever!

acacius

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 03, 2007, 10:25:42 PM

This tackling (or lack thereof) really is appalling.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 03, 2007, 10:27:52 PM

Does FSU care about football any more. I remember a time when the Seminoles used to be a tough game along with Miami. Now for a few years FSU looks terrible and Miami is starting to go downhill. At this point I'm happy to be a USF and UF fan. Don't get me wrong, at another point I was an official member of www.fireronzook.com

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 03, 2007, 10:29:49 PM

FSU is officially a joke. So much for all those coaching changes, wow this team will be luck to win 5 games unless they turn things around

They changed the wrong coach(s)

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#10 : September 03, 2007, 10:32:37 PM

Florida State just looks awful now.. I wonder when they will have a change at the top and get the better recruits.

#11 : September 03, 2007, 10:53:12 PM

The bigger question is how many losses until their current recruits start jumping ship?

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#12 : September 04, 2007, 03:47:56 AM

Jesus.  Their offensive line is just ... wow.  This is making me long for the Bucs' oline.

You should have seen Notre Dame's OL this week. Against GT, not your usual D-line beast school, they got torn by on almost every play. One passing play I remember the QB was sacked a millisecond after he got into his drop, 4 GT linemen on him. All of ND's line got beat, two or three were even the ground. Never seen an entire line get beat and not even one defender still has a guy trying to block him or hold him while he's at the QB.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU Getting Smoked @ Clemson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools