Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Smoke screen sent to Simms? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 08, 2006, 01:13:41 PM

I think it's really up to him. I feel the Bucs will offer him a 1 or 3 year deal, but quite modest as far as money goes. It'll be in his court whether or not he wants to sign that deal and try to win his job back. The cards are stacked against him but he did show last year he had the talent to move the ball. This year though ... not so much.

How dare you sit the fence. Don't you know that will likely be miscontrued as Gradkowski hating?   :D :P

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 08, 2006, 01:14:47 PM

Simms wants out, in his position wouldn't you?  Go back and watch the film from the first three games, look closely at Grudens face a body language.  No way Gruden wants to go back there, time to move on with or without Grads.

How the hell do you know that for sure?

careful Red, I think the "H" word is grounds for a warning from the PR PATROL...

:(

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 08, 2006, 01:20:31 PM

Simms wants out, in his position wouldn't you?  Go back and watch the film from the first three games, look closely at Grudens face a body language.  No way Gruden wants to go back there, time to move on with or without Grads.

How the hell do you know that for sure?

careful Red, I think the "H" word is grounds for a warning from the PR PATROL...

:(

If it is, they can ban my ass.

fofstray

Second String

#18 : November 08, 2006, 01:22:55 PM

Simms needs to go elsewhere so he can be happy. We can find another guy to miss wide open  receivers, one who can make a few plays with his feet as well. Good luck Chris, wherever you wind up.

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#19 : November 08, 2006, 01:29:31 PM

I agree bring in a vet QB. Stay away from drafting another one. This team will not improve with a rookie QB. Dont just go with Gradkowski and McCown either. Bring in a FA. Matt Schaub, JAke Plummer..

Wait a tick... Schuab? I thought you said vet.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 08, 2006, 01:52:15 PM

I think a lot is going to come down to what *other* teams do.  Simms would be a fool to not at least explore his options in free agency, but I honesty don't know what sort of contracts he may or may not wind up being offered.  He could wind up signing a big contract with someone or it could wind up being like Ronde way back when.  I think it's kinda hard to say at this point.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#21 : November 08, 2006, 02:22:43 PM

I think the depth chart at QB here next year will be 1) Gradkowski, 2) Brunell and 3) McCown. Not only do I think Simms wants out, but I don't think the Bucs want him at all. Answer this, as of right now what team besides maybe Oakland and Buffalo, would Simms walk in and be the starter from day 1? And now, it looks like he might have to compete on the open market with Leftwich.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 08, 2006, 02:29:54 PM

Simms needs to go elsewhere so he can be happy. We can find another guy to miss wide open receivers, one who can make a few plays with his feet as well. Good luck Chris, wherever you wind up.

I think we've already found him

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#23 : November 08, 2006, 02:36:03 PM

Simms could end up in Detroit or Dallas.  And don't rule out Green Bay to battle with Aaron Rodgers.  He will defintely not be back here.  Gradkowski is the man, and the guy for the future.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 08, 2006, 02:38:33 PM

Everyone mentions Dallas, but I vaugely seem to recall Parcells having something negative to say about Simms some time ago.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 08, 2006, 02:40:00 PM

Doubt Simms comes back.  Doubt Brunell too.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Leftwich poking around if Garrard keeps starting...
Just really hard to say.  I'd bet the farm on no round 1 QB pick though.  Jon made his choice already.  If he Implodes it'll be between McCown and a yet-to-be-named vet. 
Just can't see simms coming back after how strained his relationship was with Gru and how good Grads' is with him. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 08, 2006, 02:41:45 PM

Doubt Simms comes back. Doubt Brunell too. Wouldn't be surprised to see Leftwich poking around if Garrard keeps starting...
Just really hard to say. I'd bet the farm on no round 1 QB pick though. Jon made his choice already. If he Implodes it'll be between McCown and a yet-to-be-named vet.
Just can't see simms coming back after how strained his relationship was with Gru and how good Grads' is with him.

I doubt Garrard will be available.  If anything Leftwich would be, but he isn't the best fit for our system.  I still would not be surprised if the Bucs sniff around Carr.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 08, 2006, 02:48:45 PM

Simms needs to go elsewhere so he can be happy. We can find another guy to miss wide open receivers, one who can make a few plays with his feet as well. Good luck Chris, wherever you wind up.

I think we've already found him

haha i was just thinking that myself

wtmcgee

Starter

#28 : November 08, 2006, 03:25:14 PM

I think it's really up to him. I feel the Bucs will offer him a 1 or 3 year deal, but quite modest as far as money goes. It'll be in his court whether or not he wants to sign that deal and try to win his job back. The cards are stacked against him but he did show last year he had the talent to move the ball. This year though ... not so much.

How dare you sit the fence. Don't you know that will likely be miscontrued as Gradkowski hating?   :D :P

I suppose I should have at least put in an obligatory Gruden bash or McKay reference, eh? 

#29 : November 08, 2006, 03:33:08 PM

Wait a tick... Schuab? I thought you said vet.

Someone who is ready to come in and start, and be good. Not a 1st round pick, not a mid round pick, not Gradkowski (IMO). Schaub is as ready to start as Phillip Rivers was for San Diego. Hes as ready as we felt Simms was. Schaub is as ready as hes going to be. He would be the ideal QB for this team
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Smoke screen sent to Simms? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools