Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Smoke screen sent to Simms? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucsvp

Rookie

« #45 : November 09, 2006, 12:37:37 PM »

If Simms is smart he'll move on. There are probably a half dozen teams that he could go to and either start or eventually replace the starter. Teams like Washington, Oakland. Dallas, Houston, Detroit, Minnesota and possibly Greenbay,  Denver, San Francisco and Buffalo.

« #46 : November 09, 2006, 12:41:59 PM »

If Simms is smart he'll move on. There are probably a half dozen teams that he could go to and either start or eventually replace the starter. Teams like Washington, Oakland. Dallas, Houston, Detroit, Minnesota and possibly Greenbay, Denver, San Francisco and Buffalo.

I think that is an exaggeration.  Half of those teams already have a young QB with a year or two in the system, and Simms is a slow learn.  He will get offers but no one will be beating down his door with starters contracts IMO.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #47 : November 09, 2006, 12:48:14 PM »

Washington has Campbell so I doubt they offer Simms a deal considering they jettisoned a player that has a similar game to him (Ramsey).  Parcell likes what he has in Romo and it looks like  Martz likes Kitna, Orvlosky, and McCown.  Minnesota runs the WCO and I doubt Simms is a fit there with Travaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger (who they recently traded for). Green Bay has Rodgers waiting in the wings so they probably will want to see what they have in him if Brett retires.  Denver has invested a first round pick in Cutler and will start if Plummer bombs.  San Franciso has Alex Smith who has made huge improvements compared to last year but also they have invested a lot of money in him so his starting position is a lock.

The Raiders are a possibility for Simms but hard to tell what Walters can do with that o-line.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #48 : November 09, 2006, 09:35:33 PM »

ok - you were right ... your nuts. ;)

I don't think this team has any interest in bringing Simms back next year.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #49 : November 09, 2006, 09:38:25 PM »

Simms will get offers and will start and will be in the pro bowl by 2008, if he is not a Buc that is. I am hopeful that Gruden will flip out and quit or get fired and the new coach will see that talent like Simms is not easy to find.
Simms would beat Romo out of a job, he would be loved in Oakland, the Skins would want him, the Lions would also want him, the way it looks Miami would also take him..
Strong arm, great deep ball, great charater guy, teamates love him, hard worker, first one in last one to leave kind of guy. Has all the tools an NFL QB wants, learned the most difficult system in the NFL. I just wonder how many of you Simms haters will be here in a few years saying "Why did we ever get rid of Simms, bla bla bla"??? Just keep your hopes on Grudens opinion of talent (over the opinions of EVERY other NFL team) and a 6 foot bald 21 year old (what is that about bald at 21???) 6th round no body that would be out of the NFL if he were with most other teams, or Gruden didn't have man love for him.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #50 : November 09, 2006, 09:41:55 PM »

Simms will get offers and will start and will be in the pro bowl by 2008, if he is not a Buc that is.

Oooh! Let's store this one so we can come back and take a look at it again. Between this coming season and the next one Simms will be in the Pro Bowl? I'd like to get some money down on that one.

6th round no body that would be out of the NFL if he were with most other teams, or Gruden didn't have man love for him.

Your hate is palpable.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #51 : November 09, 2006, 10:34:34 PM »

I think your crystal ball needs some windex

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #52 : November 09, 2006, 10:40:12 PM »

and a 6 foot bald 21 year old (what is that about bald at 21???)

It is shaved you cretin.   [banghead]

castillo1394

Practice Squad
« #53 : November 09, 2006, 11:17:41 PM »

How well is Gruden's plan working now.  How quick we forget what Simms did last season.  Where were Trueblood and Joseph when Chris was starting?  I dont know about you guys but I would rather see a couple interceptions in a real shoot out than trying to play it safe and looking absolutely horrible in the process.  Honestly watching these games with Gradkowski as our starting QB is just UGLY.  I dont think Gruden ever liked Simms, it’s obvious.  There is such a difference in the way he talks to and about Gradkowski compared to the way he talked to Simms.  We keep throwing the word rookie out there to justify Gradkowski play or lack there of.  I seem to remember Gruden saying that the only way to get better is to play, but how many games has Simms started?  Hummmmmmmmm I could go on and on about how unfair I think Simms is being treated but I won’t. 
If he's gone, I think it’s our loss... I hope he goes to a team and wins big, I know if he comes to play us I will be rooting for him and wearing my #2.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #54 : November 09, 2006, 11:24:18 PM »

Oh, I am waiting to see if this newbie gets flamed any where near as much as I do. :o

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #55 : November 09, 2006, 11:42:29 PM »

A3VT, I hope you join their board too and leave ours alone. Sounds like your not really much of a Bucs fan! By the way, maybe Gruden talks "nicer" to Gradkowski because he doesn't play catch with the other team.

« #56 : November 11, 2006, 03:48:41 PM »

How well is Gruden's plan working now. How quick we forget what Simms did last season. Where were Trueblood and Joseph when Chris was starting? I dont know about you guys but I would rather see a couple interceptions in a real shoot out than trying to play it safe and looking absolutely horrible in the process. Honestly watching these games with Gradkowski as our starting QB is just UGLY. I dont think Gruden ever liked Simms, it’s obvious. There is such a difference in the way he talks to and about Gradkowski compared to the way he talked to Simms. We keep throwing the word rookie out there to justify Gradkowski play or lack there of. I seem to remember Gruden saying that the only way to get better is to play, but how many games has Simms started? Hummmmmmmmm I could go on and on about how unfair I think Simms is being treated but I won’t.
If he's gone, I think it’s our loss... I hope he goes to a team and wins big, I know if he comes to play us I will be rooting for him and wearing my #2.

Your man-crush on Simms is sickening.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #57 : November 11, 2006, 04:38:09 PM »

i really think Simms could even be a Redskin, maybe even a Raven when Mcnair is done, i wouldve said dallas also, but i think Romo is going to work out for them

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #58 : November 11, 2006, 06:46:14 PM »

How well is Gruden's plan working now. How quick we forget what Simms did last season. Where were Trueblood and Joseph when Chris was starting?

Our offense sucked last season, and Simms only had a couple of decent games.  This years O-line is getting progressively worse, and the last two weeks they were terrible.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Smoke screen sent to Simms? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools