Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Smoke screen sent to Simms? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: November 08, 2006, 12:51:56 PM

Could this all be a smoke screen to try to sign Simms to a deal in offseason? I think it is a possibility to bring Simms back in the fold this offseason. Call me nuts, whatever. We could sign Simms to modest 3 year deal, let Grads play the rest of the season. If Grads comes on and continues to grow or comes on like gang busters you don't have to sign Simms but you would have Simms and Grads both. It would prevent the drafting of a R1 QB that I don't think anyone really wants to pick. I know Simms stunk the joint up the first 2 games of the season but coming in everyone, literally everyone was raving about Simms. Mortenson (ESPN) said he was the most impressive QB he saw in the offseason, PR endorsed him, he had an 81 rating at years end last year. How can he not fit the system in a 2 game skid? I think he still stands a chance to be back. The one thing in common regarding Simms and Grads is they have zero offensive line, none.

I'm only saying he could be back and I personally would like to see him back unless Grads proves bar-none he is the future. I really don't want to waste a pick on a QB. I know that many people including the PR mag have said they think Simms could be done, maybe its a kneejerk reaction. I think its too early to write him off unless Grads shows that he is the man and thus far I haven't seen it.

Baghead #2

#1 : November 08, 2006, 12:56:24 PM

Simms would be a perfect fit in Dallas. Id like to see him back for a smaller contract then the one he turned down. Id like to see him behind a good OL that provided a good running game and pass blocking and allowed multiple WR to go out for passes. Definitely dont want to see a QB drafted, in any round.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 08, 2006, 12:57:19 PM

Could this all be a smoke screen to try to sign Simms to a deal in offseason? I think it is a possibility to bring Simms back in the fold this offseason. Call me nuts, whatever. We could sign Simms to modest 3 year deal, let Grads play the rest of the season. If Grads comes on and continues to grow or comes on like gang busters you don't have to sign Simms but you would have Simms and Grads both. It would prevent the drafting of a R1 QB that I don't think anyone really wants to pick. I know Simms stunk the joint up the first 2 games of the season but coming in everyone, literally everyone was raving about Simms. Mortenson (ESPN) said he was the most impressive QB he saw in the offseason, PR endorsed him, he had an 81 rating at years end last year. How can he not fit the system in a 2 game skid? I think he still stands a chance to be back. The one thing in common regarding Simms and Grads is they have zero offensive line, none.

I'm only saying he could be back and I personally would like to see him back unless Grads proves bar-none he is the future. I really don't want to waste a pick on a QB. I know that many people including the PR mag have said they think Simms could be done, maybe its a kneejerk reaction. I think its too early to write him off unless Grads shows that he is the man and thus far I haven't seen it.

Simms wants out, in his position wouldn't you?  Go back and watch the film from the first three games, look closely at Grudens face a body language.  No way Gruden wants to go back there, time to move on with or without Grads.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 08, 2006, 12:59:11 PM

No, I'll pass on Simms, we need to go in a different direction and yyou can bet if Grads isn't the man, Gruden will bring in a vet to run this putrid offense.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : November 08, 2006, 12:59:19 PM

Simms is gone, whether the Buccs want him back or not!!!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 08, 2006, 01:00:12 PM

I think Dallas has a real find in Romo.

I don't want a QB either, esp when there are guys that could make a difference like Gaines Adams DE, Joe Thomas OT, Levi Brown OT. We need an offensive line. Gruden had a great OL in Oakland, I think that is the difference between Oakland and Tampa's offense at this juncture. Gruden calls plays with handcuffs on and we really need to finally do something about it. We did draft a very capable guard and tackle this past draft but we need more than what we have, obviously.

I would like to see Simms back if we can get him cheap. I don't see the justification for dumping Simms after so much positive info on the kid because he had 2 abyssmal games, one against a great defense, the other on the road.

Baghead #2

#6 : November 08, 2006, 01:00:33 PM

maybe, maybe not mjs. I think Simms is loyal. Seems like a good guy, team oriented. He has thick skin. He saw his dad abused. He can handle being yelled at by his coach and Im sure he understands it was his fault. We'll see though

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 08, 2006, 01:02:32 PM

I think the best vet you might be able to get may just be the guy you have, Simms. I was sick to my stomach with Simms as well but what can we do? Its either hope Grads just starts really turning it on or drafting a QB early to battle it out with Grads. I dont' know who we could get at QB without a trade, I just don't know who would be available.

Baghead #2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 08, 2006, 01:00:43 PM

I highly doubt Chris wants to return either...He will go to ateam that can use his strengths, which isn't gonna happen here.

#9 : November 08, 2006, 01:05:57 PM

I agree bring in a vet QB. Stay away from drafting another one. This team will not improve with a rookie QB. Dont just go with Gradkowski and McCown either. Bring in a FA. Matt Schaub, JAke Plummer..

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 08, 2006, 01:06:08 PM

Simms wants out, in his position wouldn't you?  Go back and watch the film from the first three games, look closely at Grudens face a body language.  No way Gruden wants to go back there, time to move on with or without Grads.

How the hell do you know that for sure?

BucsAddict

Starter

#11 : November 08, 2006, 01:07:22 PM

Simms would be insane to return here.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

wtmcgee

Starter

#12 : November 08, 2006, 01:10:21 PM

I think it's really up to him.  I feel the Bucs will offer him a 1 or 3 year deal, but quite modest as far as money goes.  It'll be in his court whether or not he wants to sign that deal and try to win his job back.  The cards are stacked against him but he did show last year he had the talent to move the ball.  This year though ... not so much.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : November 08, 2006, 01:12:31 PM

This talk is getting ridiculous already.

Listen to Gruden already. You guys are always on here trying to analyze what is going on, so listen to his press conferences and look at him on the sidelines. Gradkowski is his QB from now on through thick and thin barring an injury. We aren't drafting a 1st round QB, and Simms isn't coming back to start. He will go elsewhere and he will probably start elsewhere.

Simms never fit the system. He has a good arm and he throws a great deep ball but that isn't what we're about here. We ran a different offense last season than we are running right now. We were more about deep passes to Galloway and running the ball with Cadillac than we are now. Now we are what Gruden seems to want - a singleback offense with quick dump off passes. He probably wants more 3 step drops included, but that won't happen until the line gets to the point where they can handle that.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 08, 2006, 01:13:34 PM

I agree bring in a vet QB. Stay away from drafting another one. This team will not improve with a rookie QB. Dont just go with Gradkowski and McCown either. Bring in a FA. Matt Schaub, JAke Plummer..

no PLUMMER!  Please lord NO!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Smoke screen sent to Simms? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools