Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: What has been Grudens biggest mistake in Tampa? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

BucfaninDC

Starter

#105 : September 07, 2007, 09:49:28 AM

Here is a fun fact...we have an Offensive Coordinator - his name is Bill Muir! Ohhhh noooooooo!

Truthfully, though, a lot of coaches call their own plays from what I understand. Holmgren, Reid, Shanahan, Gruden are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Well he's actually has a more complex title then that and he certainly doesn't fill the usual role someone with said title would fill.

I'll have to check out those other coaches, but now that you mention it I do remember some controversy over Holmgrin calling or not calling the plays a few years back.

After watching last night's Colts game, that is what I realized Gruden's biggest mistake was/is, keeping Muir for this long.  Madden was talking last night about his conversation he had with Manning about their new rookie left tackle.  He asked him if he was a little worried about having a rookie protect his blind side.

Peyton said no because with Howard Mudd (o-line coach) teaching Ugoh, he'll be more than ready each week.  I doubt Garcia would have made that same statement about Muir.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: What has been Grudens biggest mistake in Tampa? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools