Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: What has been Grudens biggest mistake in Tampa? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 05, 2007, 01:32:16 PM

The biggest mistake IMO was making the decision after 2003 to try to reload instead of blowing up the team and starting young, like other cap-strapped teams have done in the past.

well thought out there b. Would you have blown up the entire roster?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 05, 2007, 01:33:29 PM

I'd say it was putting too much faith in aging vets like Garner, Deese, and Steussie.

Can you define "too much faith" ? Turnstyle was the only one who stayed for any length of time.

skip

Starter

#17 : September 05, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Bucballa, You did not read the posts here, take a look at what 1sparky said. I was commenting on his post. Pay attention!

#18 : September 05, 2007, 01:35:50 PM

The biggest mistake IMO was making the decision after 2003 to try to reload instead of blowing up the team and starting young, like other cap-strapped teams have done in the past.

If they had done that, we would be a couple of years ahead in development from where we are now. The fans and media, though, would have definitely been out for blood if that had happened.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#19 : September 05, 2007, 01:36:58 PM

i'll go with not having enough offense to win games.think about it.how many times has the defense had to save the day with gruden at the helm.he is supposed to be an offensive genius yet how many times has tampa had a top ten offense in his tenure.once that i remember.i guess you can blame it on lack of players or whatever,but i don't buy that.if he has one glaring fault it is that as a so called genius;he is overrated.atleast he has been so far.other than that i like gruden and hope he leads us back to the playoffs this year.i think if garcia stays healthy he will lead us to atleast 10 wins.and who knows maybe crack the top ten in offense again.go bucs!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 05, 2007, 01:38:37 PM

I'd say it was putting too much faith in aging vets like Garner, Deese, and Steussie.

Can you define "too much faith" ? Turnstyle was the only one who stayed for any length of time.

Too much faith being they were the guys who were going to help us turn the corner that season.  Didn't work out that way at all.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 05, 2007, 01:39:00 PM

Dismantling one of the best Defenses ever.
           Gruden.. " I didn't realize the loss of leadership that we would suffer..."    

Like Keyshawn said, "Gruden's mantallity is like that of a used car salesman..."

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucfaninDC

Starter

#22 : September 05, 2007, 01:39:50 PM

I can't really blame him for that.  You just came off a Super Bowl win, you want to try and make 1 last run before blowing it up.  I think the mistake was trying to 'reload' again in 2004 by bringing in Steussie, Deese, and Garner.  That is when they should have blown up the team and started young.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 05, 2007, 01:42:23 PM

[banghead]

his biggest mistake was coming to team with fans that can't think for themseves and continuously spit dumb statements like they're fact.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 05, 2007, 01:43:06 PM

Putting his players in good position match ups to win IF the execute.
Every coach at every level can say that. The good ones get their players to execute.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#25 : September 05, 2007, 01:44:28 PM

The media and fans didn't just start going crazy when Gradkowski came in. Gruden's biggest mistake in Tampa was coming after Coach Dungy.

[banghead]

his biggest mistake was coming to team with fans that can't think for themseves and continuously spit dumb statements like they're fact.

I think this and the three losing seasons that he had is why he is on the hot seat now.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 05, 2007, 01:45:44 PM

.....................walks quietly back out of the thread    <click>

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#27 : September 05, 2007, 01:48:58 PM

.....................walks quietly back out of the thread <click>

ok well we dont want to see your opinion anyways. next.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 05, 2007, 01:50:09 PM

I think this and the three losing seasons that he had is why he is on the hot seat now.

In the end it's all about winning games. While there are legitimate, logical reasons to the slide if he doesn't turn it around the Glazers will probably blast him out of here. I think good coaches like Gruden can't be held down for too long, he'll get the team headed back in the right direction.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#29 : September 05, 2007, 01:54:51 PM

In the end it's all about winning games. While there are legitimate, logical reasons to the slide if he doesn't turn it around the Glazers will probably blast him out of here. I think good coaches like Gruden can't be held down for too long, he'll get the team headed back in the right direction.

good point keeponbucn and also its how the players want to perform. If they dont play well we dont win. Gruden doesnt decide how the players plays. I dont care who is on the team. If you dont work your hardest coaches and players then you will get what you deserve.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: What has been Grudens biggest mistake in Tampa? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools