Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: can the canes beat the sooners? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 06, 2007, 01:25:52 PM

Nah. Let's stay on how Texas from the lowly Big 12 beat USC. ;D

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 06, 2007, 01:33:24 PM

Oklahoma wins.

#17 : September 06, 2007, 01:45:14 PM

Yeah Olaf, let's stay on Superman VY beating USC.  Surely that is horrible of USC to lose that epic game.  Shame on them.  You cut me there Olaf, you really did.  Wow, I am going to go off and whine and cry like you now.  LMAO!  Meanwhile how many titles did USC win up to that point?

Again, way to contribute.  Again, way to stay on topic.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 06, 2007, 02:08:49 PM

What?  I thought you were all about jokes.  Oh, I get it only when you they're one telling them.  A little uptight about a team from the Big 12 knocking off the mighty Trojans are we?  Who cares about all the rest of the Trojan's titles, we were referencing that one.  It's convenient to get back on topic when it suites you.  Isn't it?

#19 : September 06, 2007, 02:25:01 PM

Stay on topic Olaf.

Also look up "suite" and then get back to me.  Now THERE'S a joke!

Also, I can take a joke fine but it becomes more than a joke when you and 1 or 2 others continually follow me around with no purpose other than to attack me.

Try staying on topic for a change, and then go 1 step further and actually contribute something meaningful. 

I'm not uptight at all, we lost to a great team with an amazing leader/player. No shame in that.  Good try though.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 06, 2007, 02:32:17 PM

I'll turn on the spell check. I'll take it you've run out of clever responses if your resorting to grammatical errors.

And you changed the topic by bringing out the Big 12 stat about record against ranked teams which obviously doesn't apply here, but gave you a chance to stick it to the Big 12 anyway.

#21 : September 06, 2007, 02:46:54 PM

Try again olaf.

Go look at what conference Oklahoma is in.

Then get back to me about why I brought up the Big 12's recent struggles in tough games.

I didn't change the topic.  I answered the question and offered my reasons why.  I suggest you go re-read my post and then get back to me about where I changed anything...

And no, I haven't run out of anything to say.  But I do find it comical when folks try to insult someone and don't even get the word right.

Like one time a saw someone call another an "idiut." 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 06, 2007, 03:00:11 PM

The Big 12 statistic you referenced is irrelevent because Miami isn't ranked.  The topic is "can the canes beat the sooners?".    Your stat is off topic.  Re-read the topic and get back to me.

#23 : September 06, 2007, 03:33:40 PM

My analysis in the post is relevant.  I posted a telling stat about big 12 teams since one is involved.  I also stated Miami wasn't ranked.  I then offered up who I thought would win and why, on 2 different posts.  Good try though.  Maybe instead of just reading the first couple sentences you should try reading an entire post.  Then maybe it will save you from looking like a fool.

I just checked through and you have several posts in this thread, and exactly ZERO have anything to do with the topic at hand.  You came in for one reason and one only, to start a fight.  Once again you have added nothing to the topic at hand as usual.

Owned.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 06, 2007, 04:29:02 PM

Now that this topic is about relevance instead of the OU UM games I would just like to add that my mom fell down the stairs and landed on her head.  So I realized that I needed a haircut.  At work today I stubed my toe but it doesn't really hurt.  Has anybody read a good book lately? 

USC sucks and fans that ride good teams band wagons are not fans at all.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 07, 2007, 10:21:00 AM

Heard it is going to be a total quagmire because of Hurricane remnants.  Might be difficult to take any useful observations if the conditions are really bad.  If that is the case it will be who turns the ball over the most and where those turnovers occur.

#26 : September 07, 2007, 01:14:21 PM

No buckemup, what sucks is people who jump all over others, personally attack them for having a different opinion and being a fan of a different team, and bring nothing to the table other than insults.  Basically, people like you.

I have added to this thread with my take on topic, I've yet to see yours. I suspect as usual you are only good for an insult or 2 and have nothing to add.

And yeah, I hate bandwagoneers also.  It's a good thing I am USC alunmi.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 07, 2007, 02:09:22 PM

USC You say you posted a "telling stat" and others pointed out why it is not a "telling stat" at all.  Statistical evidence if significant may have validity, but unfortunately a statistic such as you have presented doesn't give any real evidence of anything statistically.
That you heard it on TV probably makes it even less valid! JK!

1. The sample of 17 games out  of 144 played makes it not relevant.

2.  There are 53 other BCS schools not counting the Big 12. They play 636 games and you wish to choose a specific 17 games?

3.   Statistics don't lie but liars make statistics. Not that I am inferring you are a liar.

4. By your statistics I guess you are guaranteeing a Miami victory?  You may be right, but it won't be due to the statistics you have presented.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 07, 2007, 02:18:26 PM

Anyone see the woodshed beating Oregon State got last night?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 07, 2007, 04:47:48 PM

Yeh, I watched a bit of it while watching UL show the world once again that defense is not the strong suit of the Cardinals.

I believe most considered this to be a down year for OSU, and heard somewhere that their win last week was due to the Starting QB and RB going out with bad injuries at Utah.

At this point I doubt any conclusions can be made about much of anything other than Louisville has a wonderful offense and lousy defense and Cincinnati might be a contender in the Big East.

So who wins Oklahoma and Miami?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: can the canes beat the sooners? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools