Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: can the canes beat the sooners? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 08, 2007, 05:02:20 PM

Obviously Oklahoma...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 08, 2007, 05:36:04 PM

OU put a major whipping in UM today.  The UM was offense so dead in the water it was sad.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 08, 2007, 05:42:36 PM

Hard to see them boys be so horrible...But I'm sure Randy gets at least 3 years to get it right...Neither of those QB's are any good.  Marve might have started as a true freshman

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#33 : September 08, 2007, 09:01:11 PM

Runole:

Miami was not ranked so no, I did not predict a Miami loss.  I was merely pointing out the Big 12 inability to beat top teams.  Miami was not one, I was simply stating IF Miami were ranked I might be inclined to pick them. Since they weren't I went with Oklahoma and gave reasons why.  Certainly it held true.

SHould Texas lose, I think we might have something.

As for Oregon State, again don't see the relevance there.

But since Snook brought them up, did anyone see the woodshed Oregon took Michigan to?  Certainly that is much more indicative of PAC 10 than one of our worst teams this year losing to Cincy, no? 

I do like the ACC powers though, Miami getting blown out, Wake losing, FSU barely beating UAB.  Hopefully VT saves them?

#34 : September 08, 2007, 10:28:02 PM

Since we got off topic, I guess I should say Texas broke the streak and LSU is making the ACC's best team look like a D3 team.......

Snook

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 09, 2007, 01:45:20 AM

Since we got off topic, I guess I should say Texas broke the streak and LSU is making the ACC's best team look like a D3 team.......

Kind of like what Cincy did to Oregon State?  The team that finished THIRD in your tough conference last year.

Cal is weak - barely beat Colorado State.

Wow - Oregon beat Michigan.  What an accomplishment...  They scored 5 more points than APP State.

#36 : September 09, 2007, 02:35:56 AM

Snook must be sour because Auburn lost and FSU sucks....

Runole

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 09, 2007, 09:08:17 AM

Well USC  as I predicted the useless statistic of Big 12 ineptitude proved to be yet another meaningless statistic.  Rankings mean little in CFB IMO since they change every single week.  They are just biased opinions made every week by tainted by each weekends results.  They start off completely flawed and end up really not much better.  Until there is a real playoff it will always be that way.  Beauty contests aren't the way  to select champions.

Of course it isn't your fault as you were merely stating a stupid statistic you heard from some TV "talking heads".  That it is meaningless and really has little relevance statistically has nothing to do with you personally. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like "opinion", LSU is proving that it at the moment based on performance that they deserve to be #1 in the country.  Oklahoma has made a case as well.

USC will get their chance to prove they deserve to be on top . 

Considering Nebraska barely squeaked by Wake Forest, and really they should have lost, if USC doesn't beat Nebraska by at least 3 to 4 TDS .  I would say you have underrated the ACC quite a bit.  Wake certainly softened them a bit for a USC beat down.

I agree that ACC is still down a bit but not as down as you attempt to make them.    Michigan is in trouble.  Ohio State doesn't impress me.

Of course I do believe that adage it is tough to win in the SEC took a bit of a hit yesterday as USF which didn't start football until about a decade ago pretty much shocked Auburn. I really don't think it was an upset.

I honestly believe USF can win the Big East this season based on what I saw last night.  USF has a better defense than either Louisville or WV and they get them both at Home..   

Snook

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 09, 2007, 09:41:17 AM

Snook must be sour because Auburn lost and FSU sucks....

Go Beavers!

Third best team in the PAC-10... behind the woodshed.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 09, 2007, 09:49:07 AM

Well USC  as I predicted the useless statistic of Big 12 ineptitude proved to be yet another meaningless statistic.  Rankings mean little in CFB IMO since they change every single week.  They are just biased opinions made every week by tainted by each weekends results.  They start off completely flawed and end up really not much better.  Until there is a real playoff it will always be that way.  Beauty contests aren't the way  to select champions.

Of course it isn't your fault as you were merely stating a stupid statistic you heard from some TV "talking heads".  That it is meaningless and really has little relevance statistically has nothing to do with you personally. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like "opinion", LSU is proving that it at the moment based on performance that they deserve to be #1 in the country.  Oklahoma has made a case as well.

USC will get their chance to prove they deserve to be on top . 

Considering Nebraska barely squeaked by Wake Forest, and really they should have lost, if USC doesn't beat Nebraska by at least 3 to 4 TDS .  I would say you have underrated the ACC quite a bit.  Wake certainly softened them a bit for a USC beat down.

I agree that ACC is still down a bit but not as down as you attempt to make them.    Michigan is in trouble.  Ohio State doesn't impress me.

Of course I do believe that adage it is tough to win in the SEC took a bit of a hit yesterday as USF which didn't start football until about a decade ago pretty much shocked Auburn. I really don't think it was an upset.

I honestly believe USF can win the Big East this season based on what I saw last night.  USF has a better defense than either Louisville or WV and they get them both at Home..   

Nice post, Runole.

Rankings mean NOTHING.

And NO conference is looking dominant so far...  The SEC and Big 10 have had some big boys lose early already.  The PAC-10 looks top heavy once again and the ACC just downright stinks.

But Oklahoma and LSU have really impressed me.  Unless USC trips up in its weak conference, I could see a OU-LSU title game taking place.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 09, 2007, 08:35:39 PM

My analysis in the post is relevant. I posted a telling stat about big 12 teams since one is involved. I also stated Miami wasn't ranked. I then offered up who I thought would win and why, on 2 different posts. Good try though. Maybe instead of just reading the first couple sentences you should try reading an entire post. Then maybe it will save you from looking like a fool.

I just checked through and you have several posts in this thread, and exactly ZERO have anything to do with the topic at hand. You came in for one reason and one only, to start a fight. Once again you have added nothing to the topic at hand as usual.

Owned.
No buckemup, what sucks is people who jump all over others, personally attack them for having a different opinion and being a fan of a different team, and bring nothing to the table other than insults. Basically, people like you.

I have added to this thread with my take on topic, I've yet to see yours. I suspect as usual you are only good for an insult or 2 and have nothing to add.

And yeah, I hate bandwagoneers also. It's a good thing I am USC alunmi.

You've been in arguements with at least 8 different posters on 5 or 6 different threads and usually with multiple posters on multiple threads.  And that's in just the past week.  Yeah it's everyone else.  Nobody cares who your a fan of.  Trying to prove that your "opinion" is better than everyone else's isn't bringing anything more to the table then the next guy.  And when your "facts" to back up your opinions get shot down you go to the let's get back on topic or the I'm not telling you again or the lock the thread card.  As for my posts, they're in response to what others say or create in threads so if you don't want me posting after you then leave my name out of your posts.  If you don't want me calling you out for being a jerk, then stop acting like one.  How about you start respecting everyone else's opinion as much as you want everyone to respect yours.  Just because you watch College Football Live every night doesn't make you an expert and everyone else lesser thans and just because your mommy didn't hug you enough when you were little doesn't mean you have to prove your superiority on the message board in each and every thread.

Now it's a new week.  How about you try to just voice your opinion without all the other crap.

#41 : September 15, 2007, 08:22:07 AM

LOL. 

How about you try to not criticize a different opinion and I think we'll all be ok.......

A lot of mob mentality around here, reminds me of why I prefer other places for discussion. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: can the canes beat the sooners? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools