Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski sets record « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 09, 2006, 01:35:54 PM

I can't wait for the week after Grads has a really bad game and throws 3 or 4 interceptions....this place is going to be so much fun when that happens, NOT.   >:(

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#46 : November 09, 2006, 01:36:54 PM

I can't wait for the week after Grads has a really bad game and throws 3 or 4 interceptions....this place is going to be so much fun when that happens, NOT. >:(

I started to post that, and I added what does that do to his precious ratio to production at that point?

But I faltered, and decided my flame suit wasn't up to par in these parts.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 09, 2006, 01:38:40 PM

I can't wait for the week after Grads has a really bad game and throws 3 or 4 interceptions....this place is going to be so much fun when that happens, NOT. >:(

I started to post that, and I added what does that do to his precious ratio to production at that point?

But I faltered, and decided my flame suit wasn't up to par in these parts.

It would mean his TD/INT ratio would be more in line with a lot of rookie/young QB's in this league.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#48 : November 09, 2006, 02:31:55 PM

Well, does that mean this years Bruce Gradkowski is next years Kyle Orton?

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#49 : November 09, 2006, 03:05:37 PM

no just can't remember my old password and the email address I signed up with is no longer i use so I had to start over and I had a lot more than your pesky 107 post's.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 09, 2006, 03:06:36 PM

He has had 7 fumbles in his limited playing time, losing 3.  He has had 2 dropped Ints per game, so he isn't taking care of the ball all that well.  His completion % is terrible for a WCO QB, which is the number 1 reason why our offense is ranked 31 right now.  Number 1A is the leagues worst OLine.  

He is playing at a C- level right now.  Good for a rookie who should be throwing no more than 25 passes per game, like Big Ben, but bad for a guy who is expected to throw 35+ times.  

The bottom line is that it isn't his fault that the play calling has gone to insanity.  It isn't his fault that Clayton is never open.  It isn't his fault that the OLine has managed to get worse in the past year.  He is playing OK for a rookie, and very well for a 6th round pick from Toledo.  However, he hasn't done anything to suggest that he is the rock solid starting QB next season.  Unless he picks up his accuracy dramatically in the next 8 games, the Bucs will have to invest in a starting caliber QB for 2007.

#51 : November 09, 2006, 03:12:46 PM

He has had 7 fumbles in his limited playing time, losing 3.  He has had 2 dropped Ints per game, so he isn't taking care of the ball all that well.  His completion % is terrible for a WCO QB, which is the number 1 reason why our offense is ranked 31 right now.  Number 1A is the leagues worst OLine.  

He is playing at a C- level right now.  Good for a rookie who should be throwing no more than 25 passes per game, like Big Ben, but bad for a guy who is expected to throw 35+ times.  

The bottom line is that it isn't his fault that the play calling has gone to insanity.  It isn't his fault that Clayton is never open.  It isn't his fault that the OLine has managed to get worse in the past year.  He is playing OK for a rookie, and very well for a 6th round pick from Toledo.  However, he hasn't done anything to suggest that he is the rock solid starting QB next season.  Unless he picks up his accuracy dramatically in the next 8 games, the Bucs will have to invest in a starting caliber QB for 2007.

This is reasonable criticism.  I do think that he has been taking care of the ball, though.  He does need to work on the fumbles, but they have not be egregious errors in most cases.  We just need to wait and see...

#52 : November 09, 2006, 03:18:44 PM

He has had 7 fumbles in his limited playing time, losing 3.  He has had 2 dropped Ints per game, so he isn't taking care of the ball all that well.  His completion % is terrible for a WCO QB, which is the number 1 reason why our offense is ranked 31 right now.  Number 1A is the leagues worst OLine. 

He is playing at a C- level right now.  Good for a rookie who should be throwing no more than 25 passes per game, like Big Ben, but bad for a guy who is expected to throw 35+ times. 

The bottom line is that it isn't his fault that the play calling has gone to insanity.  It isn't his fault that Clayton is never open.  It isn't his fault that the OLine has managed to get worse in the past year.  He is playing OK for a rookie, and very well for a 6th round pick from Toledo.  However, he hasn't done anything to suggest that he is the rock solid starting QB next season.  Unless he picks up his accuracy dramatically in the next 8 games, the Bucs will have to invest in a starting caliber QB for 2007.

This is reasonable criticism. I do think that he has been taking care of the ball, though. He does need to work on the fumbles, but they have not be egregious errors in most cases. We just need to wait and see...

When the O-line breaks down and a QB gets hit in the back by a D-lineman, the fumble should be on the O-line not the QB.  That accounts for about 4 or 5 of the fumbles so although he needs to work on it, I wouldn't say it is a major problem.  All rookies have things they needs to work on, Simms couldn't master the center exchange, but with work he improved.  You can criticize Gradkowski's stats all you want, but he has more TDs, less Ints and a higher passing rating than the two 1st round QBs currently playing.

Give him time, he will improve.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 09, 2006, 03:18:53 PM

umm....a guy who throws more picks therefore putting the D out there more? How about rather than worry about signing a 'good' QB, put the money / draft into the defense, then we get that 'iron' D back and hey look at that Gradkowski is then perfect with the D...right?

Great idea. Lets spend the next 5-6 years sucking while we re-build our entire defense.

You can't rebuild an entire D in one offseason. You can, however, get a better QB. How about we get the QB so we can at least have moderate success while we focus on reworking the defense?

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#54 : November 09, 2006, 03:41:59 PM

He has had 7 fumbles in his limited playing time, losing 3.  He has had 2 dropped Ints per game, so he isn't taking care of the ball all that well.  His completion % is terrible for a WCO QB, which is the number 1 reason why our offense is ranked 31 right now.  Number 1A is the leagues worst OLine. 

He is playing at a C- level right now.  Good for a rookie who should be throwing no more than 25 passes per game, like Big Ben, but bad for a guy who is expected to throw 35+ times. 

The bottom line is that it isn't his fault that the play calling has gone to insanity.  It isn't his fault that Clayton is never open.  It isn't his fault that the OLine has managed to get worse in the past year.  He is playing OK for a rookie, and very well for a 6th round pick from Toledo.  However, he hasn't done anything to suggest that he is the rock solid starting QB next season.  Unless he picks up his accuracy dramatically in the next 8 games, the Bucs will have to invest in a starting caliber QB for 2007.

These are good points

Baghead #2

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#55 : November 09, 2006, 09:26:52 PM

And I wasn't saying 1st round guys are successfull, I am not an idiot. But there are likely more 1st round successful QB"s than 6th. The Bengals missed with Akili but didn't stop them from grabbing Palmer and they appear to hit. I think we have to seriously consider a Quinn or maybe a Brohm or Smith.

I like Palmer. But I think you have to surround a guy with the right people for them to be successful, and he has some good people around him in that offense.

Personally, I don't care too much about rifle arms in a QB. I'm looking for a guy who is charismatic, smart, quick thinker, efficient, and has enough strength to throw the ball effectively about 40-50 yards downfield when called upon to do so. If Grads develops and heads into the offseason strong, I'm more inclined to want to surround him with good players rather than spend a high draft pick on a green QB or big money on a FA QB.

The WCO, perhaps moreso than a more vertical offense, is dependent on the efficiency of everyone around the QB, not just the QB's ability to throw an accurate deep ball.

Ok so under your plan we just put all our faith in this short 6th rounder, and surround him with talent, afterall he fits the system...Now what if we still can't win, and Gruden gets canned (you can be blind and think he is untouchable, but the GLAZERS are smart and will have no problem trimming the fat and firing Gruden) so now we are stuck with an undersized limp armed "System" QB, and no coach.
There is a reason strong arms are valued in the NFL, there is a reason 6-4 is the height that is looked for in a QB. You may think arm strength and height don't matter but most coaches from college to the NFL and GMs would disagree.
Hey the Bears are good again, take out your jersey and get to cheering.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#56 : November 09, 2006, 09:32:06 PM

Ok so under your plan we just put all our faith in this short 6th rounder, and surround him with talent, afterall he fits the system...Now what if we still can't win, and Gruden gets canned (you can be blind and think he is untouchable, but the GLAZERS are smart and will have no problem trimming the fat and firing Gruden) so now we are stuck with an undersized limp armed "System" QB, and no coach.
There is a reason strong arms are valued in the NFL, there is a reason 6-4 is the height that is looked for in a QB. You may think arm strength and height don't matter but most coaches from college to the NFL and GMs would disagree.
Hey the Bears are good again, take out your jersey and get to cheering.

It's not my plan, it's Gruden's. And if you think the Glazers are sitting there, poised to push the "eject" button on him, you're sadly mistaken because they aren't. Gruden may end up getting fired at some point, but it won't be until he has a chance to take full advantage of the leeway the Glazers are giving him.

And you mention that the Bears are good. Led by their "undersized limp armed" QB.

T

Hall of Famer

#57 : November 09, 2006, 09:54:13 PM

Congrats Bruce, now just try to complete more than 53% of your passes and throw for at least 200yds a game.When your attempting at least 40 passes a game and you don't hit the 200 yd mark it's a little pathetic.

#58 : November 09, 2006, 10:05:08 PM

Congrats Bruce, now just try to complete more than 53% of your passes and throw for at least 200yds a game.When your attempting at least 40 passes a game and you don't hit the 200 yd mark it's a little pathetic.

Simms
vs Saints - 25 attempts - 143 yards
vs NE - 34 attempst -  155 yards
vs Skins -  38 attempts - 198 yards
vs Panthers - 27 attempts - 138 yards
vs Ravens - 29 attempts - 133 yards - 3 INTERCEPTIONS
vs Falcons - 53 attempts - 313 yards - 3 INTERCEPTIONS

What was your point again ?

T

Hall of Famer

#59 : November 09, 2006, 10:47:19 PM

Simms
vs Saints - 25 attempts - 143 yards
vs NE - 34 attempst - 155 yards
vs Skins - 38 attempts - 198 yards
vs Panthers - 27 attempts - 138 yards
vs Ravens - 29 attempts - 133 yards - 3 INTERCEPTIONS
vs Falcons - 53 attempts - 313 yards - 3 INTERCEPTIONS

What was your point again ?

My point Bilbo was I wish he'd be a little more accurate and throw for more yardage. He's playing smart, but no team fears him, yet.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski sets record « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools