Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski sets record « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#60 : November 09, 2006, 10:54:55 PM

My point Bilbo was I wish he'd be a little more accurate and throw for more yardage. He's playing smart, but no team fears him, yet.

T - he is a 1st year rookie, and he shouldn't even be playing yet.  Statistically he is better that the two 1st round rookies that are playing this year, better TD:INT, comp% and rating.  Give him a chance to get used to a pro-system and the speed of the NFL before you give up on him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#61 : November 10, 2006, 08:38:08 PM

He has had 7 fumbles in his limited playing time, losing 3.  He has had 2 dropped Ints per game, so he isn't taking care of the ball all that well.  His completion % is terrible for a WCO QB, which is the number 1 reason why our offense is ranked 31 right now.  Number 1A is the leagues worst OLine. 

He is playing at a C- level right now.  Good for a rookie who should be throwing no more than 25 passes per game, like Big Ben, but bad for a guy who is expected to throw 35+ times. 

The bottom line is that it isn't his fault that the play calling has gone to insanity.  It isn't his fault that Clayton is never open.  It isn't his fault that the OLine has managed to get worse in the past year.  He is playing OK for a rookie, and very well for a 6th round pick from Toledo.  However, he hasn't done anything to suggest that he is the rock solid starting QB next season.  Unless he picks up his accuracy dramatically in the next 8 games, the Bucs will have to invest in a starting caliber QB for 2007.
Great post.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#62 : November 11, 2006, 12:19:08 AM

The other 2 rookie QB's you mention
My point Bilbo was I wish he'd be a little more accurate and throw for more yardage. He's playing smart, but no team fears him, yet.

T - he is a 1st year rookie, and he shouldn't even be playing yet. Statistically he is better that the two 1st round rookies that are playing this year, better TD:INT, comp% and rating. Give him a chance to get used to a pro-system and the speed of the NFL before you give up on him.

The two first round rookies do not have the talent that we have, as far as they do not have players that earned an 11-5 record last season. In fact they were so bad that they were able to take the top 2 QB's in the draft.. Arizona has been bad for years James is averaging like 2.5 YPC oh and Leinart has 899 passing yards in 4 starts, the Titans are a mess, however I think they will regret taking Young.
TD/INT rating is good because of drop's yes all QB have INTs dropped but I have never seen all but 1 dropped and there were at least 7. Not all of his fumbles came from behind, in fact most of the time he gets sacked or tackled he lays the ball down.
I kjow M-J-S your favorite QB is A.B.S...anybody but Simms, it seems you will get your wish, but be careful what you wish for, because so far Bruce is doing nothing that King didn't do as a rookie..well beside win that is.

gone

Hall of Famer
#63 : November 11, 2006, 12:19:24 AM

He has had 7 fumbles in his limited playing time, losing 3.  He has had 2 dropped Ints per game, so he isn't taking care of the ball all that well.  His completion % is terrible for a WCO QB, which is the number 1 reason why our offense is ranked 31 right now.  Number 1A is the leagues worst OLine. 

He is playing at a C- level right now.  Good for a rookie who should be throwing no more than 25 passes per game, like Big Ben, but bad for a guy who is expected to throw 35+ times. 

The bottom line is that it isn't his fault that the play calling has gone to insanity.  It isn't his fault that Clayton is never open.  It isn't his fault that the OLine has managed to get worse in the past year.  He is playing OK for a rookie, and very well for a 6th round pick from Toledo.  However, he hasn't done anything to suggest that he is the rock solid starting QB next season.  Unless he picks up his accuracy dramatically in the next 8 games, the Bucs will have to invest in a starting caliber QB for 2007.
Great post.
Pretty accurate post.  But while you acknowledge his performance is very good for a rookie, you say he doesn't show that he can be a starter in the future?  What more does he need to show?  Being the highest rated rookie QB in the league (well, of 3 ATM) doesn't bode well?  I suppose Leinart and Young are destined to be backups too?

He's gotten some lucky breaks, but so have other QB's.  He is clearly not Peyton or HOF material right now, but exactly what do you look for in a rookie that would prove he is a starting calibre QB of the future that he hasn't shown?  What have other, current starters, done in their rookie years that he hasn't?

Just asking...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#64 : November 11, 2006, 12:47:27 AM

The two first round rookies do not have the talent that we have, as far as they do not have players that earned an 11-5 record last season.

In case you didn't notice we had the number defense in the NFL last season.  The offense was putrid, and that was with a OROY RB, a stable O-line and plenty of lucky breaks.  The current O-line has played terribly the last two weeks, and it is a credit to the rookie that we haven't had 4 batted passes and 3 interceptions a game.

You are damned right, I do want anyone but Simms, because quite frankly Simms is who I thought he was.  ;)

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#65 : November 11, 2006, 12:54:24 AM

In terms of overall talent the Bucs have an edge over the Titans.  But the Cardinals on the other hands are way more talented than the Bucs as a team.  If Green is fired whomever is the new coach walks into a good situation with good draft position, new stadium and loads of draft picks.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#66 : November 11, 2006, 12:57:45 AM

In terms of overall talent the Bucs have an edge over the Titans.  But the Cardinals on the other hands are way more talented than the Bucs as a team.  If Green is fired whomever is the new coach walks into a good situation with good draft position, new stadium and loads of draft picks.

The Bucs are pretty talent deficient along the O-line.  OK Joseph is the real deal and Trueblood will probably be a decent RT, but they are still raw rookies.  The O-line played OK last season and stayed together for 17 games.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#67 : November 11, 2006, 05:18:37 AM

Don't people listen to Gruden's presss conferences? Bruce is the QB for this year and for years to come.
Gru loves him. There will be no high draft pick used on a QB. We might bring in a vet to teach Grads
a few things but Grads will be here for a long time unless Gru is totally wrong about him.

And as fas as lots of people calling Grads ROY after the NO game? I didn't see much of that. And the
ones who DID say that are not too knowledgable abour rookie QBs. The smart fans know that he is
a rookie who will need time to adapt to the speed of the NFL.  Inconsistency is the word for a while.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#68 : November 11, 2006, 10:25:02 AM

The Bucs are pretty talent deficient along the O-line. 

I disagree completely. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#69 : November 11, 2006, 10:29:34 AM

The Bucs are pretty talent deficient along the O-line. 

I disagree completely. 

Well the rumor is they will blow up the leftside of the O-line this off-season and add a center, so obviously you are a bad judge of talent.    :P   Trueblood is not the most talented tackle but hopefully with hard work and effort he will be adequate in the NFL.  So that leaves Joseph has our only truly talented O-line player.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski sets record « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools