Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Who will win the National Championship? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 01, 2007, 05:23:02 PM

After this past weekend, it is hard to see ANY team making it through without a loss.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 01, 2007, 11:14:49 PM

Da Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buckit

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 02, 2007, 07:37:43 PM

LSU will win it.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 02, 2007, 08:35:28 PM

LSU will win it.

I don't think so - not enough offense. It could be a one loss Oregon or USC. I think the SEC is too balanced those guys will just pummell each other, the Big Ten is getting more competitive this year ("The Zookers" Illinois team may be one of the better teams this year) but no where near ready, The Big 12 is experiencing entropy, so I think your left with a fairly weak Pac-10...

USC, Cal, or Oregon look pretty good - Florida probably has the talent to play with those teams but LSU awaits them...after they were thouroughly exposed by Tubberville.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 03, 2007, 07:10:24 AM

USC, Cal, or Oregon look pretty good - Florida probably has the talent to play with those teams but LSU awaits them...after they were thouroughly exposed by Tubberville.
So "thoroughly exposed" equals giving up 3 points and 14 yards more than what you had?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 03, 2007, 03:13:13 PM

I'd agree with that - where did you think I was going with my post?

I implied that Tubberville exposed them early in the SEC and that is a conference that will absolutely build off of an exposure like this. Many teams are watered down due to draft losses - yet two losses wil probably not allow a UF team to get close enough to play for the title. While they may have the ability, they may not have the chance.

That is why I think a PAC-10 team will take it.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 03, 2007, 01:11:20 PM

LSU  is the best team in college football today.

Here's a nugget:  If Florida beats LSU, both teams will have the same record as FSU.  FSU may not be a contender, but they'll have the ability to totally sink the Gators chances....As a Noles fan, you gotta love that!

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 03, 2007, 01:36:43 PM

So "thoroughly exposed" equals giving up 3 points and 14 yards more than what you had?

Not just my opinion FRG - and to be honest - I wasn't trying to be offensive, I'm probably a bit more objective than you are. Why would I say this?

1) I don't have a dog in this fight
2) I agree that OSU probably doesn't deserve to be ranked where they are - but like USF - they haven't been beaten yet.
3) If Florida gets two losses they won't be in the National title hunt - as you know they already have one loss.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 03, 2007, 01:39:58 PM

I would love nothing more than to see FSU upset UF this year and kill their hopes.  Who's with me?!

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 03, 2007, 01:42:38 PM

OK buck it - now you're forcing me to throw out my objectivity.

I would LOVE for FSU to beat Florida.

Just don't think that FSU can this year (drats - just can't seem to get rid of my objectivity).

buckit

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 03, 2007, 02:29:36 PM

If Meyer keeps coaching like a scared little girl ("Tebow Right!"  "Tebow Right again!" "Now Tebow Dive!".  "It's fourth and goal?  Tebow Sneak!") then the Noles will beat em.  Remember, the team with nothing to lose lets it all hang out...

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 03, 2007, 02:46:24 PM

I would love nothing more than to see FSU upset UF this year and kill their hopes. Who's with me?!
Hopes? Virtually no Gator fan has realistic national championship aspirations. Next year is the year. But oh how the mighty have fallen that FSU fans only care about playing spoiler.

Not just my opinion FRG - and to be honest - I wasn't trying to be offensive, I'm probably a bit more objective than you are. Why would I say this?

1) I don't have a dog in this fight
2) I agree that OSU probably doesn't deserve to be ranked where they are - but like USF - they haven't been beaten yet.
3) If Florida gets two losses they won't be in the National title hunt - as you know they already have one loss.
It was a disappointing loss but as much as people are piling on, Auburn is 3-1 in the last 4 games against Florida, has gone 33-5 in the last 3 seasons, and had 9 1st day draft picks in the last 4 years. They may have lost 2 games they shouldn't have this year, but all this stuff didn't just evaporate. They'll more than likely win 9 or so games by the end of it.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 03, 2007, 03:26:32 PM

I'd agree with that - where did you think I was going with my post?
It just seemed to me you were implying UF got crushed.

I implied that Tubberville exposed them early in the SEC and that is a conference that will absolutely build off of an exposure like this. Many teams are watered down due to draft losses - yet two losses wil probably not allow a UF team to get close enough to play for the title. While they may have the ability, they may not have the chance.

That is why I think a PAC-10 team will take it.
Kind of tough to say other SEC teams will be able to use Auburn's gameplan to beat UF. It would have been like saying the rest of the NFL could use the Bucs' gameplan to beat Michael Vick. You have to have the players and Auburn has corners who can cover one-on-one and safeties and linebackers who can bring down a ball carrier on first contact. Not everyone else does.

And as I said earlier in this thread, I don't think any team is going undefeated this season.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Who will win the National Championship? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools